An Old School Catholic Message Board

(Gasp) A Fair Article From The Nyt On Abortion Protestors

Sojourner

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/us/10abortion.html?_r=2&ref=us"]Link here. [/url]

A nod to the [url="http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2009/10/10/hold-the-presses-nyt-publishes-fair-story-on-pro-life-street-protesters/"]First Things blog[/url] for the heads up.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='12 October 2009 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1255366901' post='1983983']
No kidding. :blink:

Not complaining...just.....wow.

Really wonder how that article slipped through?
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
editors must have had a day off.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='12 October 2009 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1255367170' post='1983985']
+J.M.J.+
editors must have had a day off.
[/quote]
I know ... it was a bit surreal to see the link, I must say. But I figure we should reward such "slips" when they occur ... positive reinforcement!

eagle_eye222001

Most of the comments are depressing as expected. I was going to comment but they are no longer accepting comments. <_<

One of the five comments selected by the editors gives a little hope.

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/us/10abortion.html?sort=editors-selection

[i]Frankly, I don't like to see the signs at the abortion clinics any more than you do. I don't think I would ever protest this way. But I am very concerned that I and others who know that abortion is wrong, wrong, wrong, are not speaking up and talking about issues with our children, neighbors, etc. as much as we should. Many of us do help to educate women, provide material and financial help for women who choose to give life, and even provide education to women and allow them to make their own choice. [b]Most of the commentators would not hurt a fly; they mourn the death of beached whales; deer being hunted and killed; destruction of habitats for seemingly useless insects, fish, etc.; but they do not have the heart to imagine or care about the destruction of hundreds of thousands of babies in our country every year.[/b] Most abortions are selfish acts. The medical or extreme need cases are the exception.[b] What the pro-abortion supporters will not tell the women is that they may one day truly regret their decision to abort and no amount of counseling will bring them peace. Only God's Son can give them forgiveness of their sin and peace that passes all understanding.[/i][/b]

Edited by eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='12 October 2009 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1255367455' post='1983988']
I know ... it was a bit surreal to see the link, I must say. But I figure we should reward such "slips" when they occur ... positive reinforcement!
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
amen. :) i wish they would do an article on 40 days for life though - those people are doing such great things for the pro-life movement.

It's a decent article. I have problems with parts, like saying sidewalk counselors [b]crave[/b] conflict. Um, no. The story of Mr. Gallagher was cool.

That wasn't so hard NYT. Keep it up and maybe your subscriptions will go up. Oh wait, I just read through some of the comments flagged "Editor Selections." Tsk, tsk. That'll keep the pro-abortionists pleased.

[quote name='kamiller42' date='12 October 2009 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1255369366' post='1984003']
It's a decent article. I have problems with parts, like saying sidewalk counselors [b]crave[/b] conflict. Um, no. The story of Mr. Gallagher was cool.

That wasn't so hard NYT. Keep it up and maybe your subscriptions will go up. Oh wait, I just read through some of the comments flagged "Editor Selections." Tsk, tsk. That'll keep the pro-abortionists pleased.
[/quote]
Yeah, they do still have room for improvement ... but overall it's a big step in the right direction.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='12 October 2009 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1255366901' post='1983983']
No kidding. :blink:

Not complaining...just.....wow.

Really wonder how that article slipped through?
[/quote]

testing...

Hmmm... I appear to be locked out being able to post in the Questions & Answers About Catholicism board. How odd.

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='12 October 2009 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1255382192' post='1984094']
testing...

Hmmm... I appear to be locked out being able to post in the Questions & Answers About Catholicism board. How odd.
[/quote]

Only members in the Church Scholars group can respond to posts in that board. For clarity, to prevent people from posting things incorrectly as Church Teaching.

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='12 October 2009 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1255382192' post='1984094']
testing...

[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
only scholars can post there. :)

:bye: welcome back!

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='12 October 2009 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1255382192' post='1984094']
testing...

[/quote]
Wow, hello. You're like a bit of a legend these days.
I'm Nihil. :P

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='12 October 2009 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1255385421' post='1984113']
Wow, hello. You're like a bit of a legend these days.
I'm Nihil. :P
[/quote]

Really? For what, exactly?
heh

nice to meet you.

...I've been gone for a bit. Is there any icon indicator that lets you know which topics you've posted in? There used to be, but I'm not seeing anything now.

Edited by Cow of Shame