An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation News!

willguy

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 7 2004, 12:35 PM']
Oh, I'm from Omaha, what was his name? [/quote]
Kenrick is in St. Louis? If so, then his name is Ernest.

All of the First Year Theologians went to Omaha for the IPF (Institute For Priestly Formation) at Creighton. I guess he discerned that this diocese was not for him, so he left. Last I heard he was going to study for Omaha, but I could be mistaken.

God Bless

Sista2b I notice you had the sister mary mother of the eucharist on you avatar. Are you joining them. I live 2 miles away from them and they are the coolest. Best of luck, and may lots of roserys be with you!
-IG-

In other news:

Well, God's divine irony shows again, in that I suddenly(as in the last several months) find myself attracted to the religious life. Maybe its a phase, but it has hit strong and intense. I'm still going to Glennon in the fall, but I may end up at a monastery before I graduate.

Monasteries are really cool. :) I hope you find your calling. :) Actually, if you did, which orders would you consider?

[quote name='PedroX' date='Apr 16 2004, 12:45 PM'] Took the MMPI last night. tried to avoid coming across as psychotic. Hard, very hard.

peace... [/quote]
:lol: know the feeling.

vocations supper with the Archbishop tonight. Went well, but I always feel so dumb.

Freaked out Fr. Jonathon Meyers by telling him there was an online fan club from Evansville. I know, its not nice to torment priests.

peace...

JMJ
4/19 - Second Monday of Easter

PedroX:

That's funny as heck about Fr. Meyers. A friend of mine (a seminarian from Indy) will be staying at his parish in Seymour, and as a result I'll be up there quite often.

Besides, us'ns from Evanstucky got our own guys to look up to. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Pio,

Be sure to look me up if you come close to Indy.

Took #2 (of 3 total) psych eval this week. I think I passed. The shrink said something about having barriers up. Ahhh!

anyway, I just keep plugging away.

peace...

oh did you take the fill in the bubble test with over 500 questions?
that was fun. the questions themselves entertained me while i was taking it. some of my favorites were, true/false, people steal my thoughts and ideas, i see people others don't...

follow_the_pelican

[quote]Kenrick is in St. Louis? If so, then his name is Ernest.

All of the First Year Theologians went to Omaha for the IPF (Institute For Priestly Formation) at Creighton. I guess he discerned that this diocese was not for him, so he left. Last I heard he was going to study for Omaha, but I could be mistaken.

God [/quote]

Yo!!! Ernest Ogugua ? ]
The fact is, once you have spent time in My diocese, you will never be able to settle for less. Our(ARCH) Bishop is the best, and ofcourse the V.D. (my cousin,some how?)rocks! I am going in this fall and can not wait to spend the next year in decernment...a life long procedure I hear. Dude from Omaha,I am from the Cathedral Hood...you?

well keep the peace and much love!

follow_the_pelican

[quote]
  I take the last of the psych evals tomorrow. Stupid ink blots.
[/quote]

What diocese are you going to be studying for? Oh! we have a computer...so instead of ink blots we go blind!!!

Well, its done. All the psych evals. Only thing left is for the Diocese to decide (formally) and for me to sell my house.

(stupid inkblots :angry: )

peace...