An Old School Catholic Message Board

Under The Islamic Veil: Faces Disfigured By Acid

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

[quote] These photos show what happens to real women who wear the Islamic Veil. The photos depict horrifying hate and the unbearable suffering it inflicts upon female innocents. The photos were taken by Emilio Morenatti of the Associated Press. The text is based on work done by Nicholas Kristof—one of the few people at the New York Times whose work I am proud to quote. You may find them HERE. (Thanks to Yehuda for calling this to my attention).

What are we seeing?

The Arabization or the Saudi-ization of Muslims in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan is the hidden hand behind these acid attacks upon women. These poor girls and women have had their lives ruined; some have been forced to undergo surgery 20-30 times in order that they may see a little, or breathe a bit, hear something, perhaps in order to eat or make themselves understood. They look like…monsters. That was what their attackers wanted to accomplish. To render their faces into self-portraits of their attackers.

Why was acid thrown into their faces? The main reasons are because they dared to reject someone in marriage or because they wanted a divorce. The “jilted” suitors (or husbands) took their revenge in this fashion. If he can’t have her, no man will; I will make sure that no man will ever want her.” One young girl was gang-raped aftger which her rapists threw acid on her face. Another committed the “crime” of disappointing her father by being born female, not male. Many were disfigured as a result of a “family dispute.”

Thus, the punishment for being born female, for exercising any will of one’s own is, Saudi-style, the most horrible punishment. The men tried to make the women loathsome to humanity, to sentence them to painful surgeries, self-hatred, perhaps to lives lived in isolation.

Make no mistake. This tendency to disfigure women–even those who wear the Islamic Veil–is real. And, it might be coming our way if we do not stop the Wahhabi and Salafi influence which is funding our universities in North America as well as the Islamic religious schools.

For once, I will leave aside the question of what must be done and allow the photos to speak to you. [/quote]

[b]Warning: The photos are very graphic and disturbing.[/b]

http://pajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2009/11/23/under-the-islamic-veil-faces-disfigured-by-acid/

Please pray for these women, as well as for everyone who suffers under Islam and from Islam.

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='24 November 2009 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1259081796' post='2008565']
[b]Warning: The photos are very graphic and disturbing.[/b]

http://pajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2009/11/23/under-the-islamic-veil-faces-disfigured-by-acid/

Please pray for these women, as well as for everyone who suffers under Islam and from Islam.
[/quote]

1. The text equates the Wahhabi sect and Salafism .. they are TOTALLY different things. Salafism is a movement among certain Muslim intellectuals that favored a return to pristine Islamic practice and rapprochement with the West. Totally different from Wahhabism.

2. The article says the women look like monsters. THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE MONSTERS. they look like survivors. That is beautiful.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='24 November 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1259085455' post='2008578']
1. The text equates the Wahhabi sect and Salafism .. they are TOTALLY different things. Salafism is a movement among certain Muslim intellectuals that favored a return to pristine Islamic practice and rapprochement with the West. Totally different from Wahhabism. [/quote]

What part of the text does this? In "the Wahhabi and Salafi influence" the [b]and[/b] is not an [b]or[/b]. In any event, your comment is irrelevant to the purpose of the article. The article is publicizing the atrocities that many Muslim women endure under Islam.

[quote] 2. The article says the women look like monsters. THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE MONSTERS. they look like survivors. That is beautiful.
[/quote]

This is all you have to say?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Varg' date='24 November 2009 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1259095810' post='2008661']
Never heard of an atheist putting acid on someone's face because an invisible man said so.

Just sayin' :saint:
[/quote]

Ever heard of a atheist putting a bullet in someone's face because Stalin (atheist) said so?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='24 November 2009 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1259095933' post='2008664']
Ever heard of a atheist putting a bullet in someone's face because Stalin (atheist) said so?
[/quote]
Or starving tens of millions?

+J.M.J.+
what astonishes me (but i guess shouldn't) is how many of those women are in their teens and were asked to marry when they were barely teens (11 or 12 years old).

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 November 2009 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1259096004' post='2008665']
Or starving tens of millions?
[/quote]

61,000,000 murdered by the Atheist Stalin.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Lil Red' date='24 November 2009 - 03:55 PM' timestamp='1259096141' post='2008668']
+J.M.J.+
what astonishes me (but i guess shouldn't) is how many of those women are in their teens and were asked to marry when they were barely teens (11 or 12 years old).
[/quote]

Agreed. Not just asked, but forced.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='24 November 2009 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1259085455' post='2008578']
1. The text equates the Wahhabi sect and Salafism .. they are TOTALLY different things. Salafism is a movement among certain Muslim intellectuals that favored a return to pristine Islamic practice and rapprochement with the West. Totally different from Wahhabism.

2. The article says the women look like monsters. THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE MONSTERS. they look like survivors. That is beautiful.
[/quote]
There's nothing beautiful about what those savages did to those women.

The article was not calling the women monsters, but emphasizing the horror of the barbaric acts committed against them. These women were hideously disfigured,and, in addition to the incredible physical pain they went through, they will be unable to marry, and many will lead lives of isolation and hiding.

It does no one a service to gloss over the horror of this attrocity.

But, no, let's not show any outrage at this barbaric practice common in Islamic societies, but instead turn our criticism towards the eeevilll Right-wing Media that reports it. That's much more Tolerant and Open-minded.

[quote name='Socrates' date='24 November 2009 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1259103996' post='2008759']

The article was not calling the women monsters, but emphasizing the horror of the barbaric acts committed against them. These women were hideously disfigured,and, in addition to the incredible physical pain they went through, they will be unable to marry, and many will lead lives of isolation and hiding.

But, no, let's not show any outrage at this barbaric practice common in Islamic societies, but instead turn our criticism towards the eeevilll Right-wing Media that reports it. That's much more Tolerant and Open-minded.
[/quote]

She NEVER said that what the men did to these women was beautiful, and you know it. She said the women were beautiful, and they are. I don't think she was glossing over the horror of it at all. To insinuate that she is of the opinion that it's not a big deal is totally off base.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Socrates' date='24 November 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1259103996' post='2008759']

[/quote]

You are AWESOME.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Socrates' date='24 November 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1259103996' post='2008759']

[/quote]

I think lillabet was just trying to say that these women surviving this horrible atrocity is more beautiful than the ugliness of the evil done.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='24 November 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1259104518' post='2008765']
She NEVER said that what the men did to these women was beautiful, and you know it. She said the women were beautiful, and they are. I don't think she was glossing over the horror of it at all. To insinuate that she is of the opinion that it's not a big deal is totally off base.
[/quote]
I know what she said.

My point was that after reading the article and seeing the pictures, all she could do was nit-pick the article, with nary a word about the atrocity being discussed nor the culture which tolerates it.
I don't think she approves of those brutal and cowardly acts, but her choice of what to comment on showed a curious set of priorities.
It isn't so much what she said as what she [i]didn't[/i] say.

Maybe I misread that post, but there seems to be a general pattern that when things are posted here regarding Islamic barbarism, people are quick to try to change the subject to criticizing something else other than Islamic society and practices (usually some more pc target).

Edited by Socrates