An Old School Catholic Message Board

Under The Islamic Veil: Faces Disfigured By Acid

HisChildForever

HisChildForever

[quote name='Socrates' date='24 November 2009 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1259106868' post='2008782']
Maybe I misread that post, but there seems to be a general pattern that when things are posted here regarding Islamic barbarism, people are quick to try to change the subject to criticizing something else other than Islamic society and practices (usually some more pc target).
[/quote]

Right on, this is [i]exactly[/i] what happens!!! You would think the reverse would occur, since this is not a liberal but a conservative forum.

HisChildForever

I should also add that half of Phatmass avoids the topic of Islam entirely, whereas the remaining half are divided between a) "This is what Islam is" and b) "No no, can't ever equate Islam with violence, must change topic!!111!!" Then we have the outlier; that is, the one member of Phatmass who will defend Islam to his grave.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' date='24 November 2009 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1259095933' post='2008664']
Ever heard of a atheist putting a bullet in someone's face because Stalin (atheist) said so?
[/quote]
You're so clever. There will be a special place in heaven for you and your clearly superior debate tactics.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='24 November 2009 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1259108031' post='2008792']
You're so clever. There will be a special place in heaven for you and your clearly superior debate tactics.
[/quote]

Care to contribute to the thread on topic? :saint:

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='24 November 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1259095162' post='2008645']
[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='24 November 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1259085455' post='2008578']
1. The text equates the Wahhabi sect and Salafism .. they are TOTALLY different things. Salafism is a movement among certain Muslim intellectuals that favored a return to pristine Islamic practice and rapprochement with the West. Totally different from Wahhabism.[/quote]
What part of the text does this? In "the Wahhabi and Salafi influence" the [b]and[/b] is not an [b]or[/b]. In any event, your comment is irrelevant to the purpose of the article. The article is publicizing the atrocities that many Muslim women endure under Islam.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='24 November 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1259085455' post='2008578']
2. The article says the women look like monsters. THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE MONSTERS. they look like survivors. That is beautiful.
[/quote]
This is all you have to say?
[/quote]
I see nothing in this post that would justify giving it a negative point.

[quote name='Socrates' date='24 November 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1259106868' post='2008782']
[quote name='zunshynn' date='24 November 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1259104518' post='2008765']
She NEVER said that what the men did to these women was beautiful, and you know it. She said the women were beautiful, and they are. I don't think she was glossing over the horror of it at all. To insinuate that she is of the opinion that it's not a big deal is totally off base.
[/quote]
I know what she said.

My point was that after reading the article and seeing the pictures, all she could do was nit-pick the article, with nary a word about the atrocity being discussed nor the culture which tolerates it.
I don't think she approves of those brutal and cowardly acts, but her choice of what to comment on showed a curious set of priorities.
It isn't so much what she said as what she [i]didn't[/i] say.

Maybe I misread that post, but there seems to be a general pattern that when things are posted here regarding Islamic barbarism, people are quick to try to change the subject to criticizing something else other than Islamic society and practices (usually some more pc target).
[/quote]
This is another post that did not deserve a negative point.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='24 November 2009 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1259109982' post='2008827']
I see nothing in this post that would justify giving it a negative point.
[/quote]
I believe that the point system ultimately reflects emotion and not logic. \\//,

If I had any points to give out I would clear all the negative points given to Socrates and HisChildForever in this thread. None of their negative points are deserved.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='24 November 2009 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1259110380' post='2008833']
I believe that the point system ultimately reflects emotion and not logic. \\//,
[/quote]
Yes. That is probably why I got a negative point a few minutes ago for pointing out the problem in this thread. :)

Edited by Apotheoun

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='24 November 2009 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1259110399' post='2008834']
If I had any points to give out I would clear all the negative points given to Socrates and HisChildForever in this thread. None of their negative points are deserved.
[/quote]
Often times the negative points strike me as nasty faces made virtually, it manifests base primate behavior and little more.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='24 November 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1259109109' post='2008812']
Care to contribute to the thread on topic? :saint:
[/quote]
No, I prefer to comment on the idiocracy of others. Thanks for asking, though.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='24 November 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1259110611' post='2008841']
No, I prefer to comment on the idiocracy of others. Thanks for asking, though.
[/quote]
Come on Fidei, was this post really necessary? Or even polite?