An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pre-Religious Life "bucket List"

magnificat

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1328782905' post='2384164']
Hee hee I had blue hair when I was about 15. I dyed it right before the summer, not thinking about the effects of chlorinated pool water... it wasn't pretty :paperbag:
[/quote]

Eeek.
Good thing I'm allergic to chlorine!

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1328785106' post='2384168']
Eeek.
Good thing I'm allergic to chlorine!
[/quote]

Yes. Your hair shall stay blue as the ocean and not green as the Thames.

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1328782905' post='2384164']
Hee hee I had blue hair when I was about 15. I dyed it right before the summer, not thinking about the effects of chlorinated pool water... it wasn't pretty :paperbag:
[/quote]I dyed my hair purple on my 33.3 birthday. Had to assure my boss that it would easily wash out in the shower :whistle:

• 2 years later...

Bumping this for Petitpelerin.

I'm not sure I have a bucket list any more. There are dozens of things I want to do, but nothing I feel I absolutely have to do before (God willing) becoming a nun.

petitpèlerin

Thanks Marigold! I hereby record that the number one item on my bucket list for years and years has been to surf, and since it was now or never, I finally took a real vacation and went down to North Carolina and did it! It was awesome! I caught the second wave I ever attempted (with the help of an instructor) and rode it all the way into shore! (My snowboarding background definitely helped with the balancing-on-a-board part.) Then, later in the week, I also caught and rode the second wave I ever attempted on my own! Then I wondered if it was some kind of sign, because I'm entering a community for the second time . . . :bounce:

I am so tempted to move to the beach and surf. (It's not a wild idea in my world, I lived for years and years in the mountains and made a lifestyle of snowboarding, worked for a resort, etc.) But I'm going to enter religious life, and hopefully ride the waves of the ocean of God's love. :joecool:

My bucket list wasn't too difficult and I finished most of it a long time ago...I wanted an old pickup truck, a plaid shirt, a forest, a library, a thermos of coffee, and maybe an old trailer camper, things that reminded me of my grandfather. I wanted to write books (and I did - never published, but fun to create). I wanted a horse (THAT didn't last long - I stopped wanting it by the time it was offered, but I'd begged my parents for so long that I didn't dare refuse). I wanted to be employed outside and I ended up with both a ranch job and a landscape business. When I got all of those things I realized I wanted the Eucharist too and I got (get) Him. And bacon!!! I ate bacon. There's nothing left.

Now this thread makes me nostalgic....I never did get around to dyeing my hair. :hehe:

I had blue hair earlier this year! It's fun! :)

• 11 months later...
DominicanHeart

Bump

I found this in my searching.

I just have a couple things I want to do.

1. Get my degree

2. Get a nice massage

3. Go to Disney World one more time. I worked in Disney last year. That was a big thing on my bucket list. I'd like to take a special trip there before I enter as a graduation/birthday/Pre-Entrance celebration.

4. Have a Bride of Christ shower with my closest friends and family.

Pretty short and simple.

veritasluxmea

My bucket list: 

1) Drive up to Vancouver with a pal or two and visit Timmy Horton's for coffee

2) Go to world youth day this summer 

That's it. I had a few other things but I already did them. 

I'd like to read a lot of enjoyable books and watch the movies that catch my fancy. But other than that, I don't really have a thought-out bucket list. My plan is just to live fully in my current state of life, taking advantage of whatever opportunities God sends my way. :)