An Old School Catholic Message Board

2010 " Come & See "s Thread

laetitia crucis

[quote name='melporcristo' date='08 March 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1268093810' post='2069171']
Tridenteen - I just messaged you! Sister sent me some posters & brochures for their come and see!
[/quote]

JMJ
I'm going to get Fr.'s address to you, and you can mail them to him, or maybe to me? I have to go over it with my mom.
Thanks!

They seem to all be across the Atlantic. Oh, well.
They're not very common in this country, but you could always request your personal little com and see, but in my mind that makes it a little more commitment-like.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Hilde' date='08 March 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1268096258' post='2069192']
They seem to all be across the Atlantic. Oh, well.
They're not very common in this country, but you could always request your personal little com and see, but in my mind that makes it a little more commitment-like.
[/quote]

Since you seem to be fond of the Dominicans, you could schedule a visit with the [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] in England. They just had a "Come and See" during Valentine's Day weekend, but people can pretty much visit whenever. :smokey:

[url="http://www.stemma.org"]St. Emma Monastery and Retreat House[/url] will have discernment opportunities also. Go to the Vocations link on their webpage.

They are inviting discerners to spend the Triduum with them from March 30 through April 5, and a week long discernment retreat from July 9-14, 2010.

[quote name='stlmom' date='09 March 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1268142742' post='2069513']
[url="http://www.stemma.org"]St. Emma Monastery and Retreat House[/url] will have discernment opportunities also. Go to the Vocations link on their webpage.

They are inviting discerners to spend the Triduum with them from March 30 through April 5, and a week long discernment retreat from July 9-14, 2010.
[/quote]

I LOVE St. Emma's!!! :)

littlesister

Little Sisters of the Poor

1. Paschal Triduum at the Novitiate in Queens Village, New York
Holy Thursday-Easter Sunday, April 1-4
Liturgy - Private Prayer - Lectio Divina - Service

2-30 Spring Break and Summer Service Opportunities
for College-Age Women
Multiple U.S. Locations
Info at "Little Sisters of the Poor.org/News and Events"
or
Contact St. Constance: "Serenity@LittleSistersofthePoor.org"

melporcristo

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='08 March 2010 - 05:54 PM' timestamp='1268096066' post='2069190']
JMJ
I'm going to get Fr.'s address to you, and you can mail them to him, or maybe to me? I have to go over it with my mom.
Thanks!
[/quote]

:) OK! Actually - if you have an e-mail address that would be better. Sister sent me the Come and See posters & Brochures as an e-mail attachment. You can even send me Father's e-mail address or the parish e-mail.

God bless!

Melissa

[quote name='melporcristo' date='12 March 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1268370732' post='2071567']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img] OK! Actually - if you have an e-mail address that would be better. Sister sent me the Come and See posters & Brochures as an e-mail attachment. You can even send me Father's e-mail address or the parish e-mail.

God bless!

Melissa
[/quote]

JMJ
Melissa,
I keep forgetting to get addresses for you! Mea Culpa! This month has been NUTS! Anyway, I will try tomorrow, please forgive me!

laetitia crucis

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org"]Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist[/url]

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=420"]May 22-23, 2010[/url]

[quote] (From the date-link posted above.)

[b]"Come and See!"[/b]
The Sisters invite you to join them on a spiritual retreat that includes Holy Mass, Divine Office, Rosary and the opportunity to enjoy time with the Sisters.

You will hear conferences given about Mary and the Eucharist, as well as on the specific theme of the retreat.

For more details, please view our [url="https://www.sistersofmary.org/images/files/2010-2011%20Retreat%20Flyer.pdf"]Retreat Flyer[/url].

[b]Time[/b]:
Arrive by 2:00 p.m. on the Saturday of the retreat
Leave after lunch on Sunday (around 3:00 p.m.)

[b]What to Bring[/b]:
Whatever you will need for an overnight stay
Sleeping bag
Rosary
Small ($2-3) gift, wrapped in newspaper for a game at Recreation
"A Wide-Open Heart!"

[b]Cost[/b]:
$25 Please mail in your check with your reservation or pay online by credit card.

[b]Directions[/b]:
From US 23, take exit 41, going East
Make a left at the light on Earhart Road
Follow Earhart Road through Domino's Farms office park (about 1.5 miles)
Turn right on Joy Road. The school is immediately on the left - it is the white building (4101 Joy Road)

[b]Important Note Regarding Travel[/b]:
If you are flying in, please plan to arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday. While we are most happy to provide transportation from the airport on Fridays and back to the airport on Sundays, because this is a convent (with a monastic schedule) we ask that you please observe the following spaces of time in which to arrive and/or depart at DTW airport:

[b]Friday – 10:00 a.m. till 7:30 p.m.
Sunday – after 6:30 p.m.[/b]

The same would necessarily apply to those traveling by train or bus. We ask that you please try not to fly in on Saturday or need a Sunday stay-over.

Due to the volume of retreatants, please email your arrival plans (other than by car) at least one week in advance to ensure that we will be able to get you. This is an issue of respect, again, in dealing with a contemplative/active community of Religious Sisters who are hosting the retreat. Thank you for your understanding.

Please keep these retreats in your good prayers and know that we will also be praying for you!

Register online [url="https://www.sistersofmary.org/index.php?option=com_dtregister&eventId=4&Itemid=420&task=event_register&type=reg_individual"]HERE[/url] for May 22-23, 2010 Retreat.[/quote]

===

[b]Future Dates[/b]:

- November 13-14, 2010
- February 12 - 13, 2011
- May 21 - 22, 2011

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GK9vk5xxaSs/S4cByaO3lPI/AAAAAAAAERQ/HaD-NtLXZj4/s400/Poor+Clares+Vocation+Day1.jpg[/img]

littlesister

Little Sisters of the Poor
St. Paul, MN
"Come, Taste, and See"
March 25-27

Flyer at Little Sisters of the Poor.org

or
Sr. Maria Francis 651 / 227-0336

• 2 weeks later...
laetitia crucis

[url="http://www.daughtersofstpaul.com"]Daughters of St. Paul[/url]

[quote][b][size="3"]Types of Live-In Experiences:[/size][/b]

- Come and See Discernment Programs (ages 18-30; held throughout the country)
- St. Paul Summer Program (held in Boston, MA) (ages 14-18)
- Holy Week Retreat (ages 18 to 30)

[b]Upcoming Live-In Invitations[/b]

[u]Holy Week Vocation Retreat[/u]
- March 31-April 5, 2010
- At the Daughters of St. Paul Motherhouse in Boston
- Young women ages 17-30 years old are welcome

[u]St. Paul Summer Program for High School Women[/u]
- 2010 Dates to be announced
- At the Daughters of St. Paul Motherhouse in Boston
- Young women ages 14-18 years old are invited
- Please email us to receive updates

For more information or to register for one of these retreats or vocation programs, please contact:

[b]Sr. Margaret Michael, National Vocation Director[/b]
[email="vocations@paulinemedia.com"]vocations@paulinemedia.com [/email]
703-549-3806
[/quote]

About the Daughters of St. Paul's "Live-In" Experiences:

[quote]
Throughout the year we have various retreats and "live-in" experiences for young women who desire to learn more about Pauline religious life. These “live-in” experiences are held at our Novitiate House in Boston and in our communities throughout the country.

[b] What these “live-in” experiences include: [/b]

► A chance to meet the sisters, postulants and novices

► Meeting other young women like yourself who are discerning a religious vocation

► Daily Eucharistic Liturgy

► Conferences on religious life and Pauline charism

► Sharing in our Pauline spirituality: Eucharistic adoration, meditation on the Word of God, community and personal prayer

► The opportunity to speak with a sister personally about your desire for
religious life

► An experience of the mission of the Daughters of St. Paul

► Most include a silent day of retreat

[b] What you can expect to receive from an experience spent in a Pauline community:[/b]

► A deeper understanding of Pauline life and Eucharistic prayer

► A taste of our spirituality and the urgency we feel to proclaim the centrality of Jesus Christ in our world

► An experience of living in community and collaborating with others

► An opportunity to learn more about Pauline religious life through classes and conversations with the sisters

► Personal accompaniment by a sister who is prepared to help you in your discernment of your life’s call.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
mariaassunta

Come and see me I am always here waiting for you in all the tabernacles of the world. All I ask for is your love and heart, I am here for you always....My name is Jesus, Lord of all nations.

mariaassunta

Come and See Retreat
Starts Friday, May 7 at 5pm and ends Sunday May 9 at 1pm
Provincial Mother House
1230 Kavanaugh Place
Wauwatosa, WI 53123
For more information please conrtact Sister Maria Immaculata at 414.453.4040
Bring you rosary, bible, a skirt for Sunday Mass (and all days if possible),
and your open disposition to the Holy Spirit,