June 4-6 at Novitiate on Long Island
Info at : vocationsbrooklyn@LittleSistersofthePoor.org

littlesister

Trappistine Monastic Experience
St. Mary's Abbey, Wrentham, Mass.
August 10-12, 2010

Information at St. Mary's Abbey / Home Page / Monastic Experience

laetitia crucis

From slisa's thread [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=105394&st=0&gopid=2114694&#entry2114694"]here[/url]. :)

[quote name='slisa']
The Olivetan Benedictine Sisters are offering a discernment Retreat the 9-11 in July. Plan to depart Monday morning (12) On July 11 they have five Sisters celebrating Jubilees- 50 and 60 years of being His Bride. This is a chance to see the life of a Benedictine Community with an active apostolate and share in the celebration. Bishop Anthony Taylor of Little Rock will be the main celebrant. e-mail HACvocations@yahoo.com for more info. [/quote]

Sisters of St. Benedict, Ferdinand, Indiana

(A friend of mine from college is making her perpetual profession with these sisters this fall. They are active sisters, historically a teaching order. Lots of them are still schoolteachers but they have a variety of ministries.)

www.thedome.org

Come & See Weekends

October 15-17, 2010 (Theme: Discernment: Listening to God's Call)

January 7-9, 2011 (Theme: The Importance of Benedictine Life in Today's Society)

March 18-20, 2011 (Theme: TBD)

October 14-16, 2011 (Theme: TBD)

Come & See Week

June 25 - July 1, 2010 (Theme: Radically Counter Cultural)

June 24-30, 2011 (Theme: TBD)

The Sister Servants of the Eternal Word don't have a vocation retreat per se, but a good time to visit them for a discernment retreat is during their Mother/Daughter retreats, because you can join the Sisters in their work for this unique (and fun!) retreat!

[img]http://www.sisterservants.org/images/sisters_kneeling.jpg[/img]

Their convent and retreat house, Casa Maria, is located at:
3721 Belmont Rd.
Birmingham, AL 35210

The first retreat listed may well be full, but it's definitely worth inquiring:

June 11-13, 2010
Fr. Ben Cameron, CPM - Retreat Master
"Called to Holiness, Following the Saints"
Mother/Daughter Retreat

-or-

June 25-27, 2010
Fr. Charles Zmudzinski, CPM - Retreat Master
Mother/Daughter Retreat

Please contact Sr. Louise Marie, SsEW at 205-956-6760 if you are interested, or visit their website, [url="http://www.sisterservants.org"]www.sisterservants.org[/url], to see more information. God bless you!

Edited by CherieMadame

OnlySunshine

Copied from IRL's website:

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
Manitowoc, Wisconsin

May 21-23 , 2010 - "Living Radically for God Will Change Your Life"

At Holy Family Convent in Manitowoc

Young adult single women ages 18-35 are invited to joing the sisters for a retreat beginning Friday 7:00 pm. Concludes Sunday at 12:30 pm. Advance registration is required. To register complete the online form on the Sisters' website. The cost is $25.00 for the weekend. Please register at least one week before the event.

Sr. Mary Ann Spanjers, O.S.F.

2409 S. Alverno Road

Manitowoc, WI 54220
920-682-7728

smaryannsp@fscc-calledtobe.org

http://www.fscc-calledtobe.org

Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Hamden, Connecticut

June 10-13, 2010 - Discernment Retreat

At the Provincialate in Hamden

The Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are offering a discernment retreat at our Provincialate in Hamden, Connecticut. The retreat is offered for Catholic, single, women ages 18-35, who are discerning a call to religious life. The retreat will focus on discerning a call to religious life and the call to be an Apostle. Talks on discernment, Sacred Heart devotion, and the Apostle charism, along with Eucharistic Liturgy, Adoration, Liturgy of the Hours, and Lectio Divina will be included in the retreat. For the opportunity to meet the sisters as well as other discerning women on this retreat,

Sr. Susan Marie Krupp, ASCJ
Vocation Director
295 Benham Street
Hamden, CT 06514

314-620-8847
vocations@ascjus.org
http://www.ascjus.org

-------------------------------------------------

Sisters in Jesus Our Hope

Bloomsbury, NJ

June 11-13, 2010 - Vocation Discernment Retreat

At the Motherhouse in Bloomsbury

If you are a young woman (18-35) single and undecided about your future, please consider our Vocation Discernment Retreat, June 11-13, 2010, to be held at our motherhouse in Bloomsbury, N.J. (Holland Township). Check out the flyer on our website. Talks will look at both marriage and consecrated life. The weekend also includes daily Mass, quiet prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, interaction with the sisters, sharing with other young women and time for fun! To register by June 1 or for more information e-mail Sister Judith.

Sister Judith SJH

Vocations Director

376 Bellis Road

Bloomsbury, N.J. 08804

998-908-7261

sisterjudith@sistersofjesusourhope.org
http://www.sistersofjesusourhope.org

---------------------------------------------------

Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus
St. Louis, MO

August 5-8, 2010 - Behold the Handmaid of the Lord

At the convent in Kirkwood

Join the sisters for a time of prayer and discernment, from 7:00 p.m. Thursday through 1:00 p.m. Sunday. This retreat is open to single Catholic women ages 17-29. Young women attending will join the sisters in praying the Divine Office, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, and recreation. The retreat will also include talks focusing on discernment, marriage and the religious life, Carmelite spirituality, and the unique charism of our Carmel D.C.J. Retreatants will also have time for silence and prayer, experience our apostolate, and have the opportunity to talk with other young women discerning God’s call.

Sr. Mary Michael, Carmel DCJ
10341 Manchester Road
Kirkwood, Missouri, 63122
314-965-7616
vocations@carmelitedcj.org
http://www.carmelitedcj.org

-------------------------------------------------------

Passionist Nuns Vocation Retreat
Whitesville, KY

Held in July

Consecrated Life Retreat for single Catholic women ages 16 - 35 considering a call to religious life

Come and See! Learn about Passionist life. Hear vocation stories. Visit with the nuns. Time for silence and prayer, laughter, hiking, and even a tour inside the monastery. Visit our website for photos of previous retreats and for more information.

Call or email Sr. John Mary, CP prior to registering.
270-233-4571
Email: vocations@passionistnuns.org

-------------------------------------------------

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

• 2 weeks later...
laetitia crucis
:bump:

So.... has anyone gone to any "Come and See"s lately?

[size="1"]:lol: I typed "[b]Fun[/b] and See"s before realizing and correction. Hahaha![/size]

• 3 weeks later...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I just received news that the Poor Clares in Rockford are holding a 'Day of Discernment' in August. They are asking all interested to respond by July 31st.

[b]Is God calling you?[/b]
[list]
[*]to be a cloistered contemplative nun of the Colettine Reform
[*]to live a hidden life of sacrificial love
[*]in humble labor and ardent prayer for the world
[*]within the enclosure of the monastery as His Bride
[*]taking up the Cross and radically following Him
[*]in the evangelical counsels of Gospel poverty, consecrated chastity, and humble obedience
[*]a life vowed to His exclusive love
[*]in solitude and silence
[*]in praise and thanksgiving
[*]in a community united in charity
[*]loyal to Holy Mother Church and Christ's Vicar on earth
[/list]
[center][b]"A day with the Poor Clares: discover, pray and discern"
[/b]
August 7th, 2010[/center]

Praised be Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother!

Dear Friends,

We will be hosting a day of discernment open to young women between the ages of 17-30 who would like to seriously consider the contemplative vocation in the Church. It will be held Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at Corpus Christi Monastery located at 2111 S. Main St., Rockford, IL 61102.

The day will begin with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and will give the opportunity:
[list]
[*]to learn more about the universal apostolate to which contemplatives dedicate themselves in the heart of the Church and about the Poor Clare charism
[*]to pray with the sisters, participating in the Divine Office, Rosary and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament
[*]to have some personal contact with the sisters through presentations, discussions, questions and answers
[/list]

7:00 AM Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Thanksgiving, Rosary, Breakfast
8:45 AM Informal greeting and introduction in the parlor, First talk: [i]The Call[/i]
9:45 AM Midmorning Prayer
10:00 AM Presentation in the parlor on [i]the Religious State[/i] followed by Q&A
11:00 AM Break
11:15 AM 1/2 Hour quiet prayer in Chapel
11:45 AM Midday Prayer, Angelus, Dinner/dishes
1:15 PM Vocational sharing
2:10 PM Midafternoon Prayer
2:30 PM Presentation in the parlor on [i]the Poor Clare vocation[/i] followed by Q&A
3:30 PM Adoration or individual meetings with the Sisters for anyone who wishes
4:30 PM Sung Vespers & conclusion with Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament followed by farewell in the parlor

[center]**There is no charge and breakfast and lunch will be provided.**[/center]

Young women interested in attending are asked to respond to this invitation by phone or by mail no later than July 31st. Participants are requested to dress modestly for the occasion. Finally, if there is not sufficient response the day will be canceled. Please include your phone number so we can contact you for this purpose.

Any young woman traveling from a distance who would like to arrive Friday evening are welcome to stay overnight in the monastery guest rooms, as well as Saturday night if this would be helpful. Simply make this known at the time of your response. Those coming from nearby, but unable to make it for the 7:00 AM Mass are asked to arrive by 8:45 AM.

[center]Mother Mary Regina, P.C.C.
Corpus Christi Monastery
2111 South Main Street
Rockford, IL 61102

[b]Tel 815-963-7343
**This is the Monastery's general phone number. I did not want to post their direct un-listed phone number, but if you are interested in attending, I can give you the direct number.**[/b][/center]

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='25 June 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1277484935' post='2134087']
I just received news that the Poor Clares in Rockford are holding a 'Day of Discernment' in August. They are asking all interested to respond by July 31st.

[b]Is God calling you?[/b]
[list]
[*]to be a cloistered contemplative nun of the Colettine Reform
[*]to live a hidden life of sacrificial love
[*]in humble labor and ardent prayer for the world
[*]within the enclosure of the monastery as His Bride
[*]taking up the Cross and radically following Him
[*]in the evangelical counsels of Gospel poverty, consecrated chastity, and humble obedience
[*]a life vowed to His exclusive love
[*]in solitude and silence
[*]in praise and thanksgiving
[*]in a community united in charity
[*]loyal to Holy Mother Church and Christ's Vicar on earth
[/list]
[center][b]"A day with the Poor Clares: discover, pray and discern"
[/b]
August 7th, 2010[/center]

Praised be Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother!

Dear Friends,

We will be hosting a day of discernment open to young women between the ages of 17-30 who would like to seriously consider the contemplative vocation in the Church. It will be held Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at Corpus Christi Monastery located at 2111 S. Main St., Rockford, IL 61102.

The day will begin with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and will give the opportunity:
[list]
[*]to learn more about the universal apostolate to which contemplatives dedicate themselves in the heart of the Church and about the Poor Clare charism
[*]to pray with the sisters, participating in the Divine Office, Rosary and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament
[*]to have some personal contact with the sisters through presentations, discussions, questions and answers
[/list]

7:00 AM Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, Thanksgiving, Rosary, Breakfast
8:45 AM Informal greeting and introduction in the parlor, First talk: [i]The Call[/i]
9:45 AM Midmorning Prayer
10:00 AM Presentation in the parlor on [i]the Religious State[/i] followed by Q&A
11:00 AM Break
11:15 AM 1/2 Hour quiet prayer in Chapel
11:45 AM Midday Prayer, Angelus, Dinner/dishes
1:15 PM Vocational sharing
2:10 PM Midafternoon Prayer
2:30 PM Presentation in the parlor on [i]the Poor Clare vocation[/i] followed by Q&A
3:30 PM Adoration or individual meetings with the Sisters for anyone who wishes
4:30 PM Sung Vespers & conclusion with Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament followed by farewell in the parlor

[center]**There is no charge and breakfast and lunch will be provided.**[/center]

Young women interested in attending are asked to respond to this invitation by phone or by mail no later than July 31st. Participants are requested to dress modestly for the occasion. Finally, if there is not sufficient response the day will be canceled. Please include your phone number so we can contact you for this purpose.

Any young woman traveling from a distance who would like to arrive Friday evening are welcome to stay overnight in the monastery guest rooms, as well as Saturday night if this would be helpful. Simply make this known at the time of your response. Those coming from nearby, but unable to make it for the 7:00 AM Mass are asked to arrive by 8:45 AM.

[center]Mother Mary Regina, P.C.C.
Corpus Christi Monastery
2111 South Main Street
Rockford, IL 61102

[b]Tel 815-963-7343
**This is the Monastery's general phone number. I did not want to post their direct un-listed phone number, but if you are interested in attending, I can give you the direct number.**[/b][/center]
[/quote]

Wow, this sounds like a wonderful retreat!!! Wish I were closer to Illinois to go!!!

[i]Somebody[/i] from phatmass/VS should go and tell us how it goes!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='25 June 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1277485474' post='2134092']
Wow, this sounds like a wonderful retreat!!! Wish I were closer to Illinois to go!!!

[i]Somebody[/i] from phatmass/VS should go and tell us how it goes!!!
[/quote]
The Novice Mistress asked if I would be able to come and assist them if enough young women come. I really would love to go. I've really been trying to learn more about the Franciscan/Poor Clare spirituality and charism recently. This would be a great opportunity to do just that.

I would just need to see if I would be able to get out there... I don't know if my car would be willing to make the trek without dying! We shall see...

I'd be very happy to let you all know how it goes if I attend. It would just be more excellent if some PMers could go too! I really hope that this day of discernment happens and goes well!

Are you a young woman between [b]18 and 30 years[/b] looking for a summer get-away with Jesus? We have one planned just for you!

You are all invited to our [b]Young Adult Come and See Weekend[/b] in Chicago this summer from [b]Friday August 20 - Monday August 23, 2010[/b]. Please contact Sr. Helena Raphael at [b]617-850-5584[/b] or [email="HelRaphaelfsp@aol.com"]HelRaphaelfsp@aol.com[/email] for more information.

The retreat will be held in our convent at [b]172 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois, 60601[/b]. Jesus, Our Master is waiting for you!

[b]You can count on our prayers!
[/b]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='25 June 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1277487150' post='2134100']
+JMJ

The Novice Mistress asked if I would be able to come and assist them if enough young women come. I really would love to go. I've really been trying to learn more about the Franciscan/Poor Clare spirituality and charism recently. This would be a great opportunity to do just that.

I would just need to see if I would be able to get out there... I don't know if my car would be willing to make the trek without dying! We shall see...

I'd be very happy to let you all know how it goes if I attend. It would just be more excellent if some PMers could go too! I really hope that this day of discernment happens and goes well!
[/quote]

Could you maybe rent a car? It would be awesome to go and help your Sisters if you could! It's nice that they asked you! :cool:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Shana' date='25 June 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1277514046' post='2134326']
Are you a young woman between [b]18 and 30 years[/b] looking for a summer get-away with Jesus? We have one planned just for you!

You are all invited to our [b]Young Adult Come and See Weekend[/b] in Chicago this summer from [b]Friday August 20 - Monday August 23, 2010[/b]. Please contact Sr. Helena Raphael at [b]617-850-5584[/b] or [email="HelRaphaelfsp@aol.com"]HelRaphaelfsp@aol.com[/email] for more information.

The retreat will be held in our convent at [b]172 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois, 60601[/b]. Jesus, Our Master is waiting for you!

[b]You can count on our prayers!
[/b]
[/quote]

You don't say in your post which order this is, but can I guess the Paulist Sisters?

I worked at 180 N. Michigan Ave for several years and had NO idea there was a convent a few doors away. But, I do vaguely remember a Catholic bookstore that I think was Paulist. I guess the convent might have been on the floors above the bookstore.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='25 June 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1277514446' post='2134339']
You don't say in your post which order this is, but can I guess the Paulist Sisters?

I worked at 180 N. Michigan Ave for several years and had NO idea there was a convent a few doors away. But, I do vaguely remember a Catholic bookstore that I think was Paulist. I guess the convent might have been on the floors above the bookstore.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, so I Googled it and it is the Daughters of St. Paul. ;)