An Old School Catholic Message Board

15 Signs Of Trouble

Lilllabettt

@Lilllabettt is it possible to personally message you about specific questions I'm still wrestling with re: a particular order I spent the summer with? Still working on healing, but it seems we don't speak publicly about particular orders here on the forum. 

Edited by quovadisjess

23 hours ago, quovadisjess said:

@Lilllabettt is it possible to personally message you about specific questions I'm still wrestling with re: a particular order I spent the summer with? Still working on healing, but it seems we don't speak publicly about particular orders here on the forum. 

Yes. For sure.

13 hours ago, nikita92 said:

Lilllabettt- Every time I see your profile pic of the actress "Alex Kingston" I am reminded of "ER"! LOL 

I remember her on ER where she married poor Mark Green. This picture is actually from a role she played on Dr. Who - River Song. I was once a huge Dr Who fan, and she was my favorite character on that show. I am curly and also aspire to kick buttdom. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lilllabettt said:

I remember her on ER where she married poor Mark Green. This picture is actually from a role she played on Dr. Who - River Song. I was once a huge Dr Who fan, and she was my favorite character on that show. I am curly and also aspire to kick buttdom. 

My profile pic is of Dame Katherine "Patricia Routledge", DBE is a British actress, comedian and singer. She is best known for her role as Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "Bouquet") in the BBC sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances", for which she was nominated for the BAFTA TV Award for Best Light Entertainment Performance in 1992 and 1993

She is a major benefactor of The Dominican Community  "Our Lady of Consolation" of the Stanbrook Abby monastery in the Uk

Speaking of Stanbrook Abby- I have copied a snippet from what Sister Letica said in a post dated Oct of 2017

"Here in the UK we have a great example of this: Stanbrook Abbey, the monastery on which Rumer Godden based "In this House of Brede". Until about 10 years ago 30-40 nuns were rattling around in a HUGE old monastery which originally housed 100, and no doubt cost a fortune to heat and maintain. Now they live in a smaller, purpose-built eco-friendly monastery with a stunning chapel and views" - https://www.stanbrookabbey.org.uk/ 

• 1 year later...

Bumping for @BenedictaAugustine because this is a priceless thread.  Red flags are glaringly obvious for those who've learned to see and recognize them.  They tend to be invisible to those who've been raised to think that every color is blue or that everything waving in the air is a pinwheel.  It's critical that anyone discerning Religious Life or marriage develop the ability to recognize red flags BEFORE they decide to enter into a relationship with a person or with a community.  Regarding recognizing red flags in congregations, this thread is a good place to start.