An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='02 June 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1275518620' post='2122890']
I understand. That would get to me, too. The good thing is that these Sisters are in union with the Magisterium while the other Slaves' community is not.
[/quote]

The [i]Soeurs Adoratrices du Coeur Royal de Jesus-Christ Souverain Prete [/i] (sisters allied with the I.C.K.) are active, except they haven't really settled on an apostolate. Right? And they are pretty much Francophone as far as we know.

"To make the adoration of God present in the world for His greatest possible glory--this is the goal of the Adoratrices." From the website it looks like right now they are restoring their convent building(?) and doing ordinary sisterly things like singing in choirs and having Easter Egg hunts for children. It says they do have at least 1 American (as of the last newsletter although that could change).

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' date='03 June 2010 - 02:39 AM' timestamp='1275521977' post='2122908']
The [i]Soeurs Adoratrices du Coeur Royal de Jesus-Christ Souverain Prete [/i](sisters allied with the I.C.K.) are active, except they haven't really settled on an apostolate. Right? And they are pretty much Francophone as far as we know.
It says they do have at least 1 American (as of the last newsletter although that could change).
[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere, but exactly where escapes me, that they are "uncloistered contemplatives" and that ultimately their work will be the creation and repair of vestments and ecclesiastical linens, altar cloths, etc. which require exceptionally skilled embroidery. If you look at the chapel photos, you can see just how baroque and elaborate is the style they prefer.

The former Mother Superior of the house in Italy is now in St. Louis, MO, to start a US foundation.

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='02 June 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1275515522' post='2122868']
JMJ
I have alreay been in contact with the Sisters...and they were kind...but the Feeneyism thing got to me after awhile.
[/quote]

Aren't the [url="http://marymediatrix.com/religious-life/sisters-of-the-immaculate"]Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate[/url] a Traddy community?

And the [url="http://www.institute-christ-king.org/vocations/sisters/"]Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus[/url] are just starting up a house in US, if I have my information correct?

Maybe God is calling you to START one, Tridenteen!!! :))

Also, I have NO idea who they are, (can't find a website) but here is another community that uses the Tridentine Mass:

[b][font="Verdana"]Institute of Servants of the Queen of Apostles[/font][/b]

[font="Verdana"]Sr. Margarita, Superior[/font]
[font="Verdana"]PO Box 3643,[/font]
[font="Verdana"]Columbus, OH 43210[/font]
[font="Verdana"]UNITED STATES[/font]
[font="Verdana"]Tel.: +1 614 292-2744; E-mail:[/font]
[font="Verdana"]servitores@sbcglobal.net[/font]

laetitia crucis

Random thought:

Has anyone ever dressed up as a habit-wearing Saint for Halloween or All Saints Day?

:disguise:

My parish had an "All Saints Day" party last year. Ironically, I dressed up as St. Catherine of Siena -- white veil. ;) (I used the veil pattern I had learned while in the convent. Very simple. Love it.) With a visible stigmata. :sweat: (I just couldn't help myself!)

Other "Saints" included:
- various "Mary"s
- St. Francis
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- St. Clare
- St. George (w/dragon -- a massive dog dressed in a dragon costume. That was too cute!)
- two St. Michaels
- St. Longinius
- St. Mary Magdalene
- St. Denis
- St. Faustina
- St. Jean Vianney
- Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha

:scratchhead: There were others, but I just can't remember them all. :lol:

Tridenteen

JMJ
All the Tridentine communitie that have been listed aere contemplativ, or only have the Latin Mass periodically.
CherieMadame, funny you should say that. My friends and I were joking that since we only have cloistered contemplative option, maybe we should "start" an option. Funny, but not realistic. After all we are saints :-)

I think I missed it, did Anya leave for the convent?

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1275585763' post='2123192']
Random thought:

Has anyone ever dressed up as a habit-wearing Saint for Halloween or All Saints Day?

:disguise:

My parish had an "All Saints Day" party last year. Ironically, I dressed up as St. Catherine of Siena -- white veil. ;) (I used the veil pattern I had learned while in the convent. Very simple. Love it.) With a visible stigmata. :sweat: (I just couldn't help myself!)

Other "Saints" included:
- various "Mary"s
- St. Francis
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- St. Clare
- St. George (w/dragon -- a massive dog dressed in a dragon costume. That was too cute!)
- two St. Michaels
- St. Longinius
- St. Mary Magdalene

- St. Denis
- St. Faustina
- St. Jean Vianney
- Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha

:scratchhead: There were others, but I just can't remember them all. :lol:
[/quote]

we did that every year on all saints day for our 4-H club!!

I think one year I was Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha, but the only one I can remeber disinctly is when I was Saint Elizabeth of Hungary. I had the roses and breadbasket and everything!!! She was my favorite saint when i was little; it wasn't until about four monhs ago that I learned she's patroness of the third order Franciscans. (go figure) :lol:

that same year my little sister was St Therese the Little Flower.

I also saw
St Faustina
Saint Joan of Arc
st Joseph
Saint Peter,
St Philomena
saint Lucy

and quite a few others. We were a large Catholic group to say the least.

TeresaBenedicta

A friend of mine's little nephew (bet you'll guess who, lc) dressed up as St. Expeditus... :D There was a contest to see if any of the kids' could stump there priest-- and their priest accurately guessed it!!

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='03 June 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1275586757' post='2123206']
JMJ
All the Tridentine communitie that have been listed aere contemplativ, or only have the Latin Mass periodically.
CherieMadame, funny you should say that. My friends and I were joking that since we only have cloistered contemplative option, maybe we should "start" an option. Funny, but not realistic. After all we are saints :-)

[/quote]

Eh, someone has to start it. Why wouldn't it be realistic, right? Not everyone has that vocation, but the communities have to come from somewhere, either existing communities have to "convert" or else new communities have to be founded! (Perhaps the reason they don't exist though is because for a [i]men's[/i] community, all you need is 1 priest among them and then even if you have to move, you can have the TLM--but for a women's community, any time you want to found another house or switch locations, which is more important for actives I'd think, you need to make sure you have a chaplain to say Mass for you, or transportation to a TLM, every day, if you want to exist as a "TLM-only" community.)

Someone told me in Kansas or Indiana, somewhere like that, they are looking into a possible teaching order w/help of the FSSP. I don't know how it's coming. One of the mothers at church told me, so ask around at your chapel and maybe one of the mothers there has heard of it too :)

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Tridenteen' date='03 June 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1275586757' post='2123206']
JMJ

[/quote]

Anya and her family are on the way to Illinois with her "stuff." She and her family are planning to visit the convent in June, but I don't think she actually enters until the fall. (If I have this wrong, someone please correct me.) So, I don't think we'll hear from her while she's "on the road," but expect that when she arrives, she'll let us know, and be with us for a few months more.

There are PaulINES and PaulISTS with very similar apostolates but very different ... hmmm "charism" isn't quite the right word but general outlook, posture in the larger Church, something.

As if things weren't confusing enough. This seems distinctly cheating.

(And could Blessed Alberione get through a solid week without starting a new community? I'm just asking ...)

Random R Us.

Tridenteen

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' date='03 June 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1275593771' post='2123257']
Eh, someone has to start it. Why wouldn't it be realistic, right? Not everyone has that vocation, but the communities have to come from somewhere, either existing communities have to "convert" or else new communities have to be founded! (Perhaps the reason they don't exist though is because for a [i]men's[/i] community, all you need is 1 priest among them and then even if you have to move, you can have the TLM--but for a women's community, any time you want to found another house or switch locations, which is more important for actives I'd think, you need to make sure you have a chaplain to say Mass for you, or transportation to a TLM, every day, if you want to exist as a "TLM-only" community.)

Someone told me in Kansas or Indiana, somewhere like that, they are looking into a possible teaching order w/help of the FSSP. I don't know how it's coming. One of the mothers at church told me, so ask around at your chapel and maybe one of the mothers there has heard of it too [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

JMJ
Yup. We have heard of it. It has been in the process for three years. They want to be called The Carmelite Sisters of the Transfiguration. Weird thing though, they shut down their blog. If I were to start a congregation though, it would be like the return of the Sisters of Charity congregations (like the Sisters in Jesus the Lord, who are the reformed Maryknoll, so to speak) complete with the old, albeit revised and comfortable habits.

However, I woukld consult Dame IgnatiusofLoyola for the rule, since my severe asthma prevents me from things (I need airconditioning, mattresses, and eight hrs of sleep) that other communities do. ARe you up to the task IgnatiusofLoyola? Meanwhile, I akm praying that a Tridentine Mass order springs up from out of the blue.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='03 June 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1275603752' post='2123339']
I wish there was a community called the Carmelites Who Say Ni :mellow:
[/quote]

That would be AWESOME.

I wish there was a community called the Dominicans of the Immaculate. Just like the [url="http://www.marymediatrix.com"]Franciscans of the Immaculate[/url]... except Dominican. :lol:

TeresaBenedicta

Random little story:

In my conversation with Mormon missionaries today (it was a really good conversation, by the way, on both sides), one of the guys went into his testimony of the Book of Mormon and ended by basically saying that there's no way he'd be on this type of mission if he didn't believe it.

So I "one-up'ed" him (politely, of course-- we didn't have any tense moments in our conversation) in telling him that my testimony is just as strong and that's why I'm going to be a missionary for my whole life, as a nun (well, sister)!!

Haha, it was pretty funny. We all laughed.