An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1275604008' post='2123344']
That would be AWESOME.

I wish there was a community called the Dominicans of the Immaculate. Just like the [url="http://www.marymediatrix.com"]Franciscans of the Immaculate[/url]... except Dominican. :lol:
[/quote]

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='03 June 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1275605849' post='2123364']
LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
[/quote]

:woot: :woot: :woot:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1275604008' post='2123344']
That would be AWESOME.

I wish there was a community called the Dominicans of the Immaculate. Just like the [url="http://www.marymediatrix.com"]Franciscans of the Immaculate[/url]... except Dominican. :lol:
[/quote]

oh :woot: you guys should do it! I like their salutation which seems to be Ave Maria.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='03 June 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1275605792' post='2123363']
Random little story:

In my conversation with Mormon missionaries today (it was a really good conversation, by the way, on both sides), one of the guys went into his testimony of the Book of Mormon and ended by basically saying that there's no way he'd be on this type of mission if he didn't believe it.

So I "one-up'ed" him (politely, of course-- we didn't have any tense moments in our conversation) in telling him that my testimony is just as strong and that's why I'm going to be a missionary for my whole life, as a nun (well, sister)!!

Haha, it was pretty funny. We all laughed.
[/quote]

:twothumbsup: You may only find out in heaven but I pray they will be your first (of many) converts. :)

Of course it's God that does the real work and you are just an instrument but you know what I mean.

Edited by vee8

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='03 June 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1275613328' post='2123419']
oh :woot: you guys should do it! I like their salutation which seems to be Ave Maria.
[/quote]

:think:

Hmmm.... I wonder how one would seriously go about doing this?

I mean, maybe I would need a few years steeped in being an actual Dominican before branching out to found another Dominican community (like the DSMMEs from the Nashvilles)... since before founding a new community, you must be formed somewhat in another, right?

:scratchhead:

I have no idea how all of the "founding" stuff works out. I wish Fr. Manelli, FI would do it for us (or find a super-holy Dominican to do it). :sweat: Hahaha! I don't trust myself to hear God's voice clearly enough for that kind of work! :paperbag:

Maybe God will inspire someone to carry this out... :sign: ;)

There already exists the Benedictines of the Immaculate. If the Dominicans of the Immaculate became a reality... I don't know what I'd do with myself. :unsure:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1275614324' post='2123426']
:think:

Hmmm.... I wonder how one would seriously go about doing this?

I mean, maybe I would need a few years steeped in being an actual Dominican before branching out to found another Dominican community (like the DSMMEs from the Nashvilles)... since before founding a new community, you must be formed somewhat in another, right?

:scratchhead:

I have no idea how all of the "founding" stuff works out. I wish Fr. Manelli, FI would do it for us (or find a super-holy Dominican to do it). :sweat: Hahaha! I don't trust myself to hear God's voice clearly enough for that kind of work! :paperbag:

Maybe God will inspire someone to carry this out... :sign: ;)

There already exists the Benedictines of the Immaculate. If the Dominicans of the Immaculate became a reality... I don't know what I'd do with myself. :unsure:
[/quote]

You go get formed, I'll go pay off my loans, we'll get back together-- I know a really holy priest (diocesan, granted, but [i]super[/i] Dominican) who could help... and there we go!!

Wait, you've already been somewhat formed!! It's all good!!!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='03 June 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1275614854' post='2123430']
You go get formed, I'll go pay off my loans, we'll get back together-- I know a really holy priest (diocesan, granted, but [i]super[/i] Dominican) who could help... and there we go!!

Wait, you've already been somewhat formed!! It's all good!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan!

:yes:

:yahoo:

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1275615654' post='2123437']
Sounds like a good plan!

:yes:

:yahoo:
[/quote]

Do it! I'm prayer backup!! ^_^

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='03 June 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1275616196' post='2123442']
For a convent warming present I shall get you a shrubbery :topsy:
[/quote]

:lol:

:topsy: ¡ʇuǝllǝɔxǝ ʇsoɯ ǝq plnoʍ ʇɐɥʇ

So, where would you start it? I mean, what diocese, ( if you could choose) and what type of setting? Would you want it to be inner city (like the FSRs) on a nice hill overlooking a city ( like mine :) ) or out in the country ( like the DSMMEs) ? Of course, you would need plenty of room for Vee's shrubbery.

Not like it matters; Divine Providence usually decides. ;)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='JTheresa' date='03 June 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1275618407' post='2123453']
So, where would you start it? I mean, what diocese, ( if you could choose) and what type of setting? Would you want it to be inner city (like the FSRs) on a nice hill overlooking a city ( like mine :) ) or out in the country ( like the DSMMEs) ? Of course, you would need plenty of room for Vee's shrubbery.

Not like it matters; Divine Providence usually decides. ;)
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... I suppose I'd really like to start somewhere in Europe (or in the U.S.)... maybe England because English is my first language. :sweat: I believe so much in the re-evangelization of Europe. :sword: It would be epic. Bring back the Light of Christ as burst forth in the Middle Ages!

I would want the formation houses to be in the country -- perhaps this is where vee8 will keep her shrubbery, which will be very well attended! :D I think being out in the country could help immensely in nurturing one's vocation in the initial stages. And maybe the apostolic year novitiate could have a house in Rome as well, the Heart of the Church. :pope: :love: As for the other houses, Divine Providence would decide where the mission houses should be. :sailing: :camp:

Hmmm... :think:

Actually, you know... I think it would be really awesome to have the Dominicans of the Immaculate founded in Prouille, France.

[IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/OurLadyoftheRosary.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/excellent-frog.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='03 June 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1275619881' post='2123466']
Hmmmm.... I suppose I'd really like to start somewhere in Europe (or in the U.S.)... maybe England because English is my first language. :sweat: I believe so much in the re-evangelization of Europe. :sword: It would be epic. Bring back the Light of Christ as burst forth in the Middle Ages!

I would want the formation houses to be in the country -- perhaps this is where vee8 will keep her shrubbery, which will be very well attended! :D I think being out in the country could help immensely in nurturing one's vocation in the initial stages. And maybe the apostolic year novitiate could have a house in Rome as well, the Heart of the Church. :pope: :love: As for the other houses, Divine Providence would decide where the mission houses should be. :sailing: :camp:

Hmmm... :think:

Actually, you know... I think it would be really awesome to have the Dominicans of the Immaculate founded in Prouille, France.

[IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/OurLadyoftheRosary.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/excellent-frog.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

That scathingly brilliant idea is epic beyond all words.

re-evangelzation in Europe... novitiate house in Rome... as if I wasn't already jealous of Dominicans. <_<

Haha just kidding. :P
[size="7"]
THAT SOUNDS SO AWESOME I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!![/size]

[size="1"]just as a side note: I find it kinda funny ( and sad at the same time ) that the Franciscans and the Benedictines have communities "of the Immaculate" but the Dominicans, who have a very special devotion to Mary, don't.[/size]

France and Rome huh?! So tempted to join imaginary community for lame reasons of going to places I like :sweat: I can't see it working though.

Vocation Director " so why are you interested in our commnity?"
me "err umm well I'd like to live in France and Rome for a bit"
VD "we aren't a travel agency you know, you go where you're told. What else attracts you to the Dominicans of the Immaculate?"
me " er ... i like your habits :))"
VD " get out!"
me "ni"

Edited by vee8