An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

MargaretTeresa

Having to pretend to be a good little Prottie to appease my stinking madre. Ate chicken nuggets she fixed us for lunch... and they upset my stomach enough I puked them up. (i think that's a sign...)

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1333651249' post='2413396']
I think we have everything we need for that party now....

[img]http://anunslife.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ky-chicken.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hatmusic.co.uk/thumbnails_life_photos/people/images/Blue%20Nun%20.jpg[/img]

yes, everything.

[img]http://goodmorninggloucester.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/paul-and-nun-sharing-a-beer_thumb.jpg?w=644&h=484[/img]
[/quote]

Post these in Women in Habits. These are GRAND

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1333734058' post='2413695']
Having to pretend to be a good little Prottie to appease my stinking madre. Ate chicken nuggets she fixed us for lunch... and they upset my stomach enough I puked them up. (i think that's a sign...)
[/quote]

Hey, she made you lunch. She didn't have to do that.

[left][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Well... since the theme of this thread is "random".... let me continue...[/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Happy Holy Saturday! [color=#800080][left]"Something strange is happening -- there is a great silence on earth today, a great silence and stillness. The whole earth keeps silence because the King is asleep. The earth trembled and is still because God has fallen asleep in the flesh and he has raised up all who have slept ever since the world began. God has died in the flesh and hell trembles with fear." [/left][/color][left](Ancient homily on Holy Saturday)[/left][/font][/size][/left]

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1333813213' post='2413982']

[left][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Well... since the theme of this thread is "random".... let me continue...[/font][/size][/left]

[left][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Happy Holy Saturday! [/font][/size][/left]
[left]"Something strange is happening -- there is a great silence on earth today, a great silence and stillness. The whole earth keeps silence because the King is asleep. The earth trembled and is still because God has fallen asleep in the flesh and he has raised up all who have slept ever since the world began. God has died in the flesh and hell trembles with fear."[/left]
[left](Ancient homily on Holy Saturday)[/left]

[/quote]

Beautiful.

TheresaThoma

YAY Happy Easter!!!!!!
Just have to say, next to my own baptism, watching my (now) Goddaughter get baptized is the best thing in the world!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

[b][size=4]I am going!![/size][/b]

After all the events of the last weeks I cannot really believe it...

I will be going tomorrow morning, arriving early evening at my monastery.

I ask your continued prayers for my health. I am really a lot better and ready to go, but my doctor asked for another exam just to "make sure it is really everything okay.." She believes everything is okay, but she wants to be thorough... It was a hard time scheduling the exam and in my city I would not have gotten an appointment until the end of the month!

So this morning I had the thought to call at hospitals in cities close by the border to the country I am moving to (I am staying in my own countries health insurance until June when I get to go home for a week for a check-up). And I got an appointment for Thursday! So I will take the train from the convent on Thursday. Good everything is so close in Europe ;)

The sisters are all fine with it. It really makes me feel that I am part of a family. I am not perfect. I planned everything to be "perfect", to have the "perfect" arrival with all the things, clothes, etc. I need... And all off a sudden health starts playing in... And I just feel happy to be welcomed there even though I am not totally perfect, but just exactly the way I am now.

Thank you vocation-station! You have been really a support in my own discernment, even though I did not write that much, I have been lurking a lot and I will keep you close to my heart! And I for sure will drop in here in June!!

[quote name='juchu' timestamp='1334066030' post='2415345']
The sisters are all fine with it. It really makes me feel that I am part of a family. I am not perfect. I planned everything to be "perfect", to have the "perfect" arrival with all the things, clothes, etc. I need... And all off a sudden health starts playing in... And I just feel happy to be welcomed there even though I am not totally perfect, but just exactly the way I am now.

[/quote]

This. I completely understand. :)

Aaah I am so happy for you juchu! Go with God, seek to love everyone and everything, and you will be blessed! I have your address and will write sometime when we are both settled in. :heart:

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1334066400' post='2415347']
This. I completely understand. :)

Aaah I am so happy for you juchu! Go with God, seek to love everyone and everything, and you will be blessed! I have your address and will write sometime when we are both settled in. :heart:
[/quote]

Thanks!! I will pray for you and really hope that the first sign of life I get from you is a letter from the convent and not seeing you around here in June!

It is good to know that we embark on all this together... Orthodox, Protestants, Catholic... In my humble opinion Religious Life, giving oneself to Christ, is something that unites us in a very deep and intimate way. Despite all intellectual and theological discussions about the "difference"...