An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Juchu!

I wasn't able to get into VS until today, and just found this, so I may have missed you.

But I am so EXCITED and HAPPY for you!!!

I - WE - will be praying for you. Hope and pray you can let one of us know from time to time how it is going.

I sent you a PM but I don't know if you will receive it... but we will definitely connect in prayer before the Face of God!

Blessings,

AnneLine

TheresaThoma

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1334241741' post='2416368']
Just over 2 months till Pre-aspirancy week!!!!!!!!!!! :dance5:
[/quote]
So excited for you!

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1334241741' post='2416368']
Just over 2 months till Pre-aspirancy week!!!!!!!!!!! :dance5:
[/quote]

holy cow! :o

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1334320388' post='2416930']
before. Basically a live-in for those with the intention to enter this fall. :)
[/quote]

Eeep! Don't know what's more exciting/frightening, the thought of being thrown together with a zillion other ladies who want to do the same as you, or the fact that there are so many levels to go through! :pinch:

For us, there are places where you get enormous groups entering all at once, but the US isn't one of them. The idea is almost comical, I'm imagining the little farm overrun with girls! It must be like boarding school or something... I bet you're excited!

I am so excited!!!!! Even through the ups and downs of this crazy process called discernment, God has just gently melted away my fears, one by one. There's still some nervousness and moments of "what the heck am I doing?," but I think that's probably a good thing.

The group will be fairly small, at least compared to our crazy big, fantastic discernment retreats (which allow the women to discern what and where God's calling them, even if it's not our community).

I'm so very blessed. :cloud9: My heart has been completely captured by Jesus, and I so want to do His will, even unto folly. He's asking me to take this first step, and I just want to follow Him one step at a time, Lord willing, until final vows and my whole life in service to the Gospel.

I've had a lot of interesting reactions as I've become more open to telling people about my plans- as a senior in college, [i]EVERYONE[/i] wants to know what's next. Some have the "what a waste" look on their faces, but I know that a life spent in love of the Lord and all His people could never be a waste!

Sorry for the spontaneous burst of more info than you wanted to know!!!

dominicansoul

Lisa, I could share some funny stories about pre-aspirancy week. :)

Do you know who your retreat master will be? One year we had Fr. Mullady, O.P. Combine him with a very inquisitive aspirant class...

..hilarity reigned...

You've been sick for a few days... avatar stealing has become rampant.

However, all the stolen avatars will turn into blue-footed uh... birdies at midnight..... :twitch: welll... maybe?

[img]http://0.tqn.com/d/animals/1/0/P/t/iStock_000010954319XSmall.jpg[/img]

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1334456166' post='2417986']
You've been sick for a few days... avatar stealing has become rampant.

However, all the stolen avatars will turn into blue-footed uh... birdies at midnight..... :twitch: welll... maybe?

[img]http://0.tqn.com/d/animals/1/0/P/t/iStock_000010954319XSmall.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Oh I do like this one! I'd adopt it except I have a great attachment to my rabbit who sneezes in Yiddish.

Happy Passover a bit late, Antigonos! (Tried to send you a PM, but it doesn't seem to work for you.)

You are welcome to a share of the 'blue footed ones' just don't use the "B" word with them - I was (with great kindness and glee!) 'reprimanded' for using the word because that word could get us in trouble for using 'bad language'... I guess from the 'politically correct' website review police.

(If anyone wonders what we are talking about, try doing an Internet search for 'blue footed' and see what comes up! ;) and/or the 'Time to Come Clean' thread on the Lame board... and/or the IAABC board... You'll figure it out... :paperbag: )

My post above was actually a bit of a tease because people have been 'stealing' avatar pictures from each other... and Lil'Mon wasn't at all happy to find hers had been appropriated.

However....looks like my 'threat' that someone's purloined avatar might be transformed into a 'blue foot' may have backfired if you think he's cute! So do I! I think he looks a bit Dominican with some classy blue shoes!

I'm also partial to baby sloths & baby hippos... and full grown Egrets. All God's creatures, actually! I think that He must have had great fun creating them all!

I'd love your Yiddish-sneezing rabbit - I think he's very cute. One of my bosses (now of happy memory) was Jewish and he loved Yiddish and shared many expressions with us... .he obviously had great love for it, and enjoyed sharing some of the many linguistic nuances with us.

You've been missed, and I'm glad to see you back!

Edited by AnneLine