An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Catholicterp7

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1346120533' post='2475159']
Three guesses..........................................(coughlookcoughatmycoughcoughusericoncoughcoughcough)

The Franciscan TOR Sisters, I've been hard core internet stalking them, since I can't actually contact them as of yet. I am so utterly overjoyed that they are coming for two whole days!
[/quote]
I love that picture of them! :) I went to visit them two years ago. They are a beautiful community.
JMJ+ :heart:

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1346120533' post='2475159']
Three guesses..........................................(coughlookcoughatmycoughcoughusericoncoughcoughcough)

The Franciscan TOR Sisters, I've been hard core internet stalking them, since I can't actually contact them as of yet. I am so utterly overjoyed that they are coming for two whole days!
[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorrry I am slow

Knew it....hehe

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who couldn't go to daily Mass yesterday (Wednesday, Sept. 12th). The psalm:
[quote]R. (11) [b]Listen to me, daughter; see and bend your ear.[/b]
Hear, O daughter, and see; turn your ear,
forget your people and your father's house.
So shall the king desire your beauty;
for he is your lord, and you must worship him.
R. [b]Listen to me, daughter; see and bend your ear.[/b]
All glorious is the king's daughter as she enters;
her raiment is threaded with spun gold.
In embroidered apparel she is borne in to the king;
behind her the virgins of her train are brought to you.
R. [b]Listen to me, daughter; see and bend your ear.[/b]
They are borne in with gladness and joy;
they enter the palace of the king.
The place of your fathers your sons shall have;
you shall make them princes through all the land.
R. [b]Listen to me, daughter; see and bend your ear.[/b][/quote]
:love:
I had one of those, "I just want to be a nun" days after hearing this...

Edited by Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1347508902' post='2481907']
For those of you who couldn't go to daily Mass yesterday (Wednesday, Sept. 12th). The psalm:

[/quote]

me tooooo! :)

5 years ago today, I started discerning religious life. God has blessed me so much all my life but especially these last 5 years, and I am so unworthy. 5 years is a long time for an 18 year-old whose memories have mostly come from the past 10ish years. I am so glad to begin this year of my discernment looking towards applying and, God willing, entrance. Please keep me and my parents in your prayers and know that you all are in mine.

[/quote]

Thank you so much for posting this! I heard this in early morning Mass before heading to Roswell for my most recent visit. A really lovely psalm.

During today's Gospel when Jesus says "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, [b]take up his cross, and follow me[/b]. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it", I couldn't help thinking of this:

[img]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w368/gabbymmm1/SRMfpVeniblog.jpg[/img]

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1347845267' post='2483164']
During today's Gospel when Jesus says "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, [b]take up his cross, and follow me[/b]. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and that of the gospel will save it", I couldn't help thinking of this:

[img]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w368/gabbymmm1/SRMfpVeniblog.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

ahhh the passionist nuns in KY right? SO beautiful!

[/quote]

I can honestly say I've never had one of those days.

[quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1348097304' post='2484392']
Sooo.

Praised be Jesus Christ!!
It's official...
I'm registered to go on the DSMME's November Retreat.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

:dance5: :nun2: :heart:
[/quote]

:clap: :dance2:

[quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1348097304' post='2484392']
Sooo.

Praised be Jesus Christ!!
It's official...
I'm registered to go on the DSMME's November Retreat.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

:dance5: :nun2: :heart:
[/quote]

:woot: :nun2: You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!! Get ready for the most intense game of white elephant ever. :)
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1348100623' post='2484437']
I can honestly say I've never had one of those days.
[/quote]
:P

The vows that the Children of Mary take. Found on their website Childrenofmary.net.

“Mother, I ask you to accept my promise to live a chaste life out of profound love for Jesus, the Spouse of my soul, to live a life of poverty so that I may be attached to nothing or no one except my Lord, to live a life of obedience to Holy Church, embracing and obeying all she teaches and prescribes, not as a slave bound out of fear, but as a child of Mary who finds joy and freedom in lovingly striving to please God by obeying His Church.

I promise to pray for our bishop, for abundant and holy priests, and to pray for the fulfillment of God’s desire for the Enthronement of the Living and Sacred Heart of Jesus on the altars of the world, that He may be loved and adored by His people, and peace may come to earth.”

I'm in love!! :love: I cannot express how perfectly that fits what's in my heart as to how I want to live my life. He is way too good to me! :)