An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

FutureSister2009

I just wanted to say that I am putting all forms of Discernment on hold for the time being. I have no time to worry about anything right now. I am not going to search for a boyfriend or anything because I will have legitimately no free time at all this semester. Please just keep me in your prayers!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1327073177' post='2371984']
I just wanted to say that I am putting all forms of Discernment on hold for the time being. I have no time to worry about anything right now. I am not going to search for a boyfriend or anything because I will have legitimately no free time at all this semester. Please just keep me in your prayers!
[/quote]

Prayers

InPersonaChriste

This question has been coming up lately for me,
"am I willing to sell all my possesions and follow Him?"

I immediately respond with a whole-hearted yes! But then I think of how much I rely on many of these material things to get me through the day. Silly things really when I think of it, yet I they have been added into my routine. There was one point in my life that I wouldn't go outside without a book on hand, then another time I carried juggling balls around (for 2 years). They were my safety net (and my icebreaker).

New resolution: Dont leave the house without a rosary. :)

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1327074843' post='2371994']

I immediately respond with a whole-hearted yes! But then I think of how much I rely on many of these material things to get me through the day. Silly things really when I think of it, yet I they have been added into my routine. There was one point in my life that I wouldn't go outside without a book on hand, then another time I carried juggling balls around (for 2 years). They were my safety net (and my icebreaker).

[/quote]
I am totally guilty of having more than one rosary on me when I go out. Mostly because I forget that I already have one in my bag/pocket and I grab another one!

FutureSister2009

So this afternoon our Discerment group got together again. This time we were able to share where we our in discerning. We are all in different places which I was glad to see and I felt comfortable sharing my story with other people with the comfort of knowing they will keep it to themselves but that we will all be praying for each other. Sr. John Marie told us to not worry or obsess about it because it will come in good time. She's right. And I'm going to do that becasue soon I will be too busy to obsess over it even though things have gotten complicated lately. I am just going to let it flow in God's time. Like I said before, I am putting it on hold for now, but that doesn't mean I'm putting God on hold. He's still number one

Divine Mercy 9999

[/quote]

I kinda hate to say how many rosaries I have in my purse - more than 4 is all I'll admit to. :) :) :) You can't ever have too many.

Sigh, I've been taking a break from discerning. I've been thinking about it again, so we'll see where God gets me this time around.

brandelynmarie

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327009464' post='2371596']
I'm going to post about this in the Prayer Room as well but wanted to make sure I requested extra-strong and mighty prayers from my fellow aspiring nuns & fathers/brothers. It's now less than a month until my scheduled entrance date and there is no sign of a visa. Nothing. Not even an interview. I am starting to panic, Mother Abbess is travelling so unable to email, and basically all I can do is sit and wait. Help please! Every prayer counts. Part of me thinks, I've waited this long, what's another month or two, but realistically I know I can't wait much longer.

:flex: Please storm heaven for me.

xx marigold
[/quote]

:pray: :amen:

[/quote]
[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1327369837' post='2374181']
I kinda hate to say how many rosaries I have in my purse - more than 4 is all I'll admit to. :) :) :) You can't ever have too many.
[/quote]

I usually have at least 2, 1 in a pocket & 1 in my purse. And 1 in my car, hanging from the rearview mirror, but I have been known to take it down & use it. I always have a backup one somewhere. :hehe2: :pm:

Edited by brandelynmarie

So last year when I filled out the application for Mater Ecclesiae I was super nervous. (like from the time I started the app until the time I heard back) This year, I was calmer however as the time for a decision approaches I'm getting super nervous. Not so much because of the process but I'm realizing what an act of trust in God this really is and boy that terrifies me.

Please pray for me. That it is the Lord's will for me to enter this year.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1327514200' post='2375091']
So last year when I filled out the application for Mater Ecclesiae I was super nervous. (like from the time I started the app until the time I heard back) This year, I was calmer however as the time for a decision approaches I'm getting super nervous. Not so much because of the process but I'm realizing what an act of trust in God this really is and boy that terrifies me.

[/quote]

Many many many prayers, my friend. :heart:

Guest hermanita

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1327514200' post='2375091']

[/quote]
Prayers for your peace and His Will to bear fruit in your life.