An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Thanks for the prayers everyone! I meet with my SD on Friday and I will talk to him about that and other things. You guys are all in my continued prayers.

Guest hermanita

My folks are attending the Carmelite concert in February and will meet some of the SIsters. I'm hoping this will help them worry less. Please pray.

So I got back from a retreat today. And I think I've found the community I'm called to. I have the most indescribable feeling that this is it. It's beautiful, it's perfect.
:shock:

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1327791627' post='2376687']
So I got back from a retreat today. And I think I've found the community I'm called to. I have the most indescribable feeling that this is it. It's beautiful, it's perfect.
:shock:
[/quote] wich community are you called to again?

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1327791761' post='2376690']
wich community are you called to again?
[/quote]

It's [url="http://www.stceciliasabbey.org.uk/index.php"]Saint Cecilia's Abbey[/url], Ryde (Isle of Wight). I absolutely fell in love. The Mass, the Gregorian chant, everything. After my meeting with the Novice Mistress, I went back to my room in the retreat house just thinking 'this is it, this is where I am called to be'.

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1327791973' post='2376691']

It's [url="http://www.stceciliasabbey.org.uk/index.php"]Saint Cecilia's Abbey[/url], Ryde (Isle of Wight). I absolutely fell in love. The Mass, the Gregorian chant, everything. After my meeting with the Novice Mistress, I went back to my room in the retreat house just thinking 'this is it, this is where I am called to be'.
[/quote] that's wonderful! I will be praying for you!

[/quote]
:nun2: YAY!

[/quote]

Oh my gooodneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess! EA how can you sound so chilled about it? I am thrilled for you. I love the Gregorian chant on their website, you're a lucky lady if that's what you're going to be singing in the future. Eeep!

... So what happens now?

Also - you should write to Faith and tell her, when the time is right.

Emily Ann,
I'm so thrilled for you. It seems you're set on Saint Ceclia's, right? Another notation to add to my prayer list!

I know I have not been posting a lot on here, but I have always read your posts and feel that I shared a journey with you, so I feel like sharing a little with you where I am at right now.

So I am sitting in my packed-up room... almost packed up... I rented a house with 5 friends and we are all moving out, have moved out this week and it has been so much work! I finished my masters degree two weeks ago - Thank God! I was so scared about not finishing it...

I will travel to the other side of the world now for a month where I spend two years and say goodbye to some very important people to me... And then I am two weeks at my parents place and then travel with friends for a week here in Europe and then go to a week silent retreat and then go to my community on Palm Sunday from there. So happy to be "home" for Easter!!

As I sayed before, I will not reveal details about the community online, since they are just now seeing of how to incorporate modern social-media into their life or not. I guess I will no longer read or post on here from Palm Sunday on. And I simply do not want phatmass to appear when someone searches for their name.

But I want you to know that I will be praying for each one of you. And I ask for your prayers as well during these two months of "goodbyes". The last year has really been very stressful at university for me and I definetly need a time-out before entering.

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1327859043' post='2377005']
Emily Ann,
I'm so thrilled for you. It seems you're set on Saint Ceclia's, right? Another notation to add to my prayer list!
[/quote]

Thanks. St. Cecilia's just felt so right. I can't even describe how it was, I just kind of knew. I mean I obviously still have to go for the live-in but at the moment it's the one.

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327856304' post='2376980']
Oh my gooodneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess! EA how can you sound so chilled about it? I am thrilled for you. I love the Gregorian chant on their website, you're a lucky lady if that's what you're going to be singing in the future. Eeep!

... So what happens now?

Also - you should write to Faith and tell her, when the time is right.
[/quote]

Their Gregorian chant is so beautiful, it's one of the things that attracted me to them in the first place. Hearing it for real was incredible. I'm not really that chilled, it's just a bit surreal at the moment.

The next step would be for me to go for a live-in for about three weeks. The earliest I could realistically do that is in June, after I finish university, but I'd have to deal with family objections first and I'm not sure how to deal with that.

I've been meaning to write to Faith at some point and she does actually know the sisters at St. Cecilia's since she lived on the island and used to go to Mass there.

Juchu, that sounds so wonderful! Well done on completing your degree and getting all moved out! You must be excited about travelling to see all the people that love you - what a lovely way to finish your time in the world.

I completely understand about not wanting to talk about which community it is. I don't want to for the same reasons. Still, if you wanted to PM and tell me in secret so I can pray for you all, I totally wouldn't mind :saint2:

Congratulations again, and pray for us!