An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

truthfinder

Thanks DS.

Random question, anyone know if the Nashies have titles in their names, ie. sr. so-and-so of the blessed Trinity? Thanks

dominicansoul

i'm not sure if that is a tradition with active communities....the majority of the time, titles are reserved for cloistered nuns...

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1337227758' post='2431579']
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/574939_394113057298245_223713197671566_1169588_256386177_n.jpg[/img]

just thought I'd put this out there.... :|
[/quote]

Thanks for posting, she's my favorite saint. :)

TheresaThoma

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1337269484' post='2431690']
No, they don't. :)
[/quote]
I was hoping our resident Nashie-to-be would comment on this! Thanks DtA!

"Titles" depends on the Community. I know that at least 2 active communities do it... the Carmelite Sisters in Alhambra California and the Mission San Jose Dominicans (also in California). I also know of cloistered communities that do NOT do it. It may depend on who their foundress was and whether she had originated in one of the communities that does use that custom.

Even in my Secular Order community we take them.... ;)

Found this on the Passionist nun's site:

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(255, 235, 205)]Sometimes people have the idea of cloistered life as being a selfish life…one “escapes” from the world to live on a spiritual “high” close to God. But if a woman enters the monastery to “escape” her troubles she will only find that they have followed her right into the cloister.[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, serif][size=3][center][background=rgb(255, 235, 205)][img]http://www.passionistnuns.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Nunbarnblog2012.jpg[/img][/background][/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(255, 235, 205)]No, one enters the cloister not to escape her problems but to learn to embrace them as she embraces her own humanity in Jesus Christ. It is there, in the Heart of Christ, His pierced Heart, that she also learns to embrace aridity in prayer and daily life.[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, serif][size=3][left][background=rgb(255, 235, 205)]We are average, ordinary women, asked to stand before God on behalf of His people, such as Queen Esther did in coming before the King (Esther C: 12 – D:12).[/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]

TheresaThoma

Had a wonderful chat with a friend that helped me see things a bit more clearly and brought me some peace. Thank God for great friends who understand the ups and downs of discernment!

i<3franciscans

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1337764120' post='2433916']
Had a wonderful chat with a friend that helped me see things a bit more clearly and brought me some peace. Thank God for great friends who understand the ups and downs of discernment!
[/quote]Amen to that! :)

[/quote]
For me that friend is i<3fran. :)

(even though I deserted her yesterday because I DIDN'T want to pick weeds) :paperbag:

AveMariaPurissima

[/quote]
Definitely...I have a couple friends like that and I'm so grateful for them! :) (actually, one of them used to be on PM before she entered! She was Slave_of_the_Trinity. ;)

Pax_et bonum

Meet one of my favorite sisters :nun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6La1rvKJ5KA&feature=share

The SSFPA rock my socks off!

To the lurkers out there: if you are feeling franciscan, visit them! They are super razzle dazzle :)