An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

[quote name='Hna.Caridad' timestamp='1344618174' post='2465607']
Hello!

A random post for a random thread...

First of all, I want to let all of you discerners know that you're in my prayers. I recently completed 10 years in Religious Life & I can't even begin to express how grace-filled these years have been.

As you can see by my "lurker" status, I'm new here--at least new to posting. (True to my status, I've been lurking for awhile...) What you can't see (yet--it will soon become obvious!) is that I'm technologically challenged. This is the first time I've ever posted in any kind of forum. Among other things, I'd like to change my avatar, but I keep getting a message saying that I don't have access/authority (or something like that) to change my own profile. Any advice/recommendations?

I hope y'all have a blessed day!
[/quote]

Welcome! You may know this from your lurking, but a few PMers have left religious life also. I am sure you have wonderful advice to all us pre-convent PMers. :)

Yeah. Post a few more threads - put in a prayer request or two.... go visit a few people's profiles (ie, click on their pictures) and 'friend' them -- and after 5 or 10 more posts, you'll get to do some more things. Promise. :)

Welcome!

TheresaThoma

Good news! I just saw/found out that the Apostles of the Sacred Heart just got three new pre-postulants!

Pre-postulancy for them is the period before formal application to the community.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1345240528' post='2469351']
Good news! I just saw/found out that the Apostles of the Sacred Heart just got three new pre-postulants!

Pre-postulancy for them is the period before formal application to the community.
[/quote]

Very nice! :clap:

HopefulBride

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1345240528' post='2469351']

[/quote]

The pics are up? there are three of them here and they've got one of the three Novices with them whom I got to meet. :)

I love these sisters :)

TheresaThoma

Facebook: [url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apostles-of-the-Sacred-Heart-of-Jesus/108522912569536"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apostles-of-the-Sacred-Heart-of-Jesus/108522912569536[/url]

HopefulBride

Mali and I were part of the same class for Laboure Society's first fundraising group. I'm so happy for all of them.

TheresaThoma

They are a really great community and I am glad to see they are continuing to get a steady flow of vocations.

Clare~Therese

Today I saw a Franciscan friar in a Perpetual Adoration Chapel. I would have talked to him (maybe) but he was praying the LoTH, I think, so I didn't want to bother him.

Pax_et bonum

There's one group at my college orientation that has a sister for one of the leaders...and I'm in it! She's a Dominican sister from Vietnam studying at my college. :nun: