An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1345695964' post='2472423']
nuns, nuns, men, nuns, men, men, men, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, nuns, men, nuns

I am insane :|
[/quote]

This is the way my week has gone so far:

Friars, Friars, Priests, Priests, women, women, women, women, Priests, Friars, Monks, Monks, Monks, Monks, Friars, Priests, Women, Monks.

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1345695964' post='2472423']
nuns, nuns, men, nuns, men, men, men, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, nuns, men, nuns

I am insane :|
[/quote]

I think nuns and 'The Man' go better side by side......might even cure your dilemma ;)

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345667436' post='2472073']
They need to stop being productive with their lives and go on the internet from time to time!
[/quote]
I totally understand the feeling...

Clare~Therese

So I'm in the midst of a letter correspondence with a community of PCCs. I finally got up the courage to try to call on the phone a few days ago at one of the times suggested, but I had to leave a message that turned out really lame. It was lame because my brother was staring at me and he was all like, "Who are you talking to?" So I got flustered and my lame message was, "Hello, I'm _______. I was in Adoration yesterday and--" Not even two complete sentences. :blush:

My thoughts usually go like this: Nuns, I have no idea what I'm doing, a good Catholic husband, I have no idea, college, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, I have no idea....

[quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1345765908' post='2473128']
So I'm in the midst of a letter correspondence with a community of PCCs. I finally got up the courage to try to call on the phone a few days ago at one of the times suggested, but I had to leave a message that turned out really lame. It was lame because my brother was staring at me and he was all like, "Who are you talking to?" So I got flustered and my lame message was, "Hello, I'm _______. I was in Adoration yesterday and--" Not even two complete sentences. :blush:

My thoughts usually go like this: Nuns, I have no idea what I'm doing, a good Catholic husband, I have no idea, college, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, I have no idea....
[/quote]

Can I ask what community? PCCs are wonderful! I am sure your message was fine.

[quote name='Joan Marie Wandel' timestamp='1345831670' post='2473583']
Am I crazy to get excited when i get an email from Vocation Director from the order i feel called too
[/quote]

NO! I think we're all like that!

Nuns, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, men, men, men, nuns, nuns, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, men, nuns :|

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1345860057' post='2473840']
Nuns, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, men, men, men, nuns, nuns, men, nuns, nuns, nuns, men, men, men, nuns
[/quote]
Nuns: 11
vs.
Men: 10

Interesting ;)

Clare~Therese

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345769330' post='2473186']
Can I ask what community? PCCs are wonderful! I am sure your message was fine.
[/quote]

The one in Rockford. :love:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1345888342' post='2474030']
Nuns: 11
vs.
Men: 10

Interesting ;)
[/quote]

Somewhere in her subconscious, she knows that she will be a nun. :hehe2:

HopefulBride

So I've sent out over 20 emails asking for help on spreading the word. Here's hoping that it helps generating some traffic to the blog and eventually some donations.

VeniJesuAmorMi

[quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1345920540' post='2474136']
The one in Rockford. :love:
[/quote]

I recently started reading "The Life and Message of Sister Mary of The Holy Trinity." She was a Poor Clare in Jerusalem. They have a lot of black and white photos of the Rockford Corpus Christi Monastery and the Sisters in the back of the book (though the pictures seem to be from many years ago, but they're beautiful.) Its a really good book. It was recommended to me to read. She went through many trials in her journey to the religious life and finally persevered. :)

[quote name='VeniJesuAmorMi' timestamp='1345935372' post='2474217']
I recently started reading "The Life and Message of Sister Mary of The Holy Trinity." She was a Poor Clare in Jerusalem. They have a lot of black and white photos of the Rockford Corpus Christi Monastery and the Sisters in the back of the book (though the pictures seem to be from many years ago, but they're beautiful.) Its a really good book. It was recommended to me to read. She went through many trials in her journey to the religious life and finally persevered. :)
[/quote]

Thank you for the recommendation-would you say that she talks a lot about the PC life specifically, or is just a good read for religious life in general? I am trying to stock up on Poor Clare books, but have been disappointed for the most part. I suppose I am looking for another A Right to Be Merry, and in that sense I am just setting myself up for disappointment! Thanks for any input.

VeniJesuAmorMi

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345939230' post='2474249']
Thank you for the recommendation-would you say that she talks a lot about the PC life specifically, or is just a good read for religious life in general? I am trying to stock up on Poor Clare books, but have been disappointed for the most part. I suppose I am looking for another A Right to Be Merry, and in that sense I am just setting myself up for disappointment! Thanks for any input.
[/quote]

I would say it was more about her life and interior trials; she also had many messages from Our Lord but it doesn't talk much about the life in general. It does talk about her example she gave by her virtue while she is in the monastery. I wish I could be of more help; I did find this book at TAN that was compiled by the Poor Clares of Rockford about Blessed Marie Celine of The Presentation. I never read it, but perhaps it could be something of what your looking for. It's selling for only $3 at the TAN website if you are interested. This is also where I purchased "The Life and Message of Sister Mary of The Holy Trinity" which is also only selling for $3. :)

Here is the link for the book: [url="https://tanbooks.benedictpress.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/722/keywords/poor+clare/"]https://tanbooks.benedictpress.com/index.php/page/shop:flypage/product_id/722/keywords/poor+clare/[/url]