An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

laetitia crucis

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='26 June 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1277527761' post='2134436']
Sorry if this is misplaced, but I wanted to share and see what others think...

So, this past week, I've been at a camp for Junior High students. This year they inaugurated a rotation during reconciliation time so each group would go around to four stations during that time (Reconciliation, Rosary, Stations of the Cross, and Adoration). I asked if I could lead the youths in prayer during Adoration. We sang a song (Psalm 51 specifically), read some Scripture (The Annunciation), explained a bit about the Real Presence and lead them in a little meditation to focus them on Christ's presence in the Eucharist and listening to Him, and we did some petitions at the end. It was over two hours in a hot and humid room with at least 50 people at a time, and it ended up being very exhausting physically (even though I did not move much!) I was really kinda out of it for a little while after as well, but it was so beautiful and wonderful to spend so much time in service & prayer before Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

Well, on the last day as the kiddos were all boarding the bus to return home, one young lady said that I really reminded her of an angel and that during Adoration it was like my eyes were glowing! At first, I had no idea what to say in response to that. Eventually, I stumbled over a few words about the gifts I saw in her during the week.

How do you respond to things like this?
[/quote]

I second morostheos -- I think your reply about noticing the gifts she received was a good way to respond. If the young lady had said something like that to me, I think I would have felt a little awkward, too; however, I would have smiled and said, "Thanks for such a lovely compliment! I guess you could say I enjoyed the Son-shine. :hehe: " -- something to acknowledge what she said in a light and positive way, and make her laugh.

TeresaBenedicta

So, I was in the parish office yesterday, helping to stuff bulletins. And Father came in and the secretary asked him if he'd be watching the World Cup soccer game between USA and Ghana. The conversation that ensued from there was hilarious!! See, Father is from Ghana, but is currently our priest administrator while he gets a degree from the local Catholic university. He refused to tell us who he'd be rooting for and he insisted that he would have to watch the game completely alone!!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='26 June 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1277580150' post='2134590']
So, I was in the parish office yesterday, helping to stuff bulletins. And Father came in and the secretary asked him if he'd be watching the World Cup soccer game between USA and Ghana. The conversation that ensued from there was hilarious!! See, Father is from Ghana, but is currently our priest administrator while he gets a degree from the local Catholic university. [b] He refused to tell us who he'd be rooting for and he insisted that he would have to watch the game completely alone!![/b]
[/quote]

:lol: This makes me think he just might be rooting for Ghana. Hahahaha!

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='26 June 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1277578043' post='2134571']
I am [i]so [/i]pro siesta! :woot:
[/quote]

Me too ... if I could work it into my engineering work schedule it would be a must; but alas I have to earn a living!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='cmariadiaz' date='26 June 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1277581057' post='2134594']
Me too ... if I could work it into my engineering work schedule it would be a must; but alas I have to earn a living!
[/quote]

How about for weekend siestas? :D

Sometimes I try to sneak mine in that way. :lol: In fact, I need to make some pizza dough for tonight's dinner -- after I do that, I'm going to take a little siesta as the dough rises! :snore: I'm sleeeeepy.

I stayed up late last night at the diocesan Catholic Center playing "[url="http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/"]Munchkin[/url]" with the young adult group. :nerd: :sword: It was a hilarious and fun time! (But definitely waaaay past my bedtime!)

If everyone could say a Hail Mary or any other prayer(s) for my family and I right now I'd really appreciate it.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='26 June 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1277583348' post='2134604']
If everyone could say a Hail Mary or any other prayer(s) for my family and I right now I'd really appreciate it.
[/quote]

Praying for you and your family -- right now! :sign:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art tho amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

brightsadness

[quote name='vee8' date='26 June 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1277583348' post='2134604']
[/quote]

Prayed as soon as I saw this. More coming your way.

Thanks guys!! I don't want to go into details, I'll just say random drama, but it helps a lot knowing that people are praying whether or not they post that they are. :)

TeresaBenedicta

Just found out that the last of my "possible" donors fell through. :sadder: Alas. But, God's will be done.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='27 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1277696335' post='2135208']
Just found out that the last of my "possible" donors fell through. :sadder: Alas. But, God's will be done.
[/quote]

You have my prayers.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='27 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1277696335' post='2135208']
[/quote]

:console:

You have my prayers, TB.

FaithfulRoseofMary

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='28 June 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1277732428' post='2135295']
:console:

You have my prayers, TB.
[/quote]

Prayers for you. I totally understand.
God bless you.