An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

L_C, SAS shoes really are hideous! :hehe: I used to own a pair of the white nursing shoes (WAY before I became a CNA) and I hated how they looked but LOVED how they felt. They are very comfortable. I am all about comfort even if the shoe is rather ugly. :)

edited to add:

These were my style shoes (in white, not beige)

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=2&prodid=52

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

I thought others might be interested in the following program on ewtn tonight Saturday Sept 4 at 7pm pacific 10pm eastern Here is teh description
Fr. Corapi discusses the severe consequences of the subversion of language, which blurs our senses of concrete definition. He additionally discusses the dangers of mixing the ‘spirit of God’ with the ‘spirit of the world.'

I wonder if he will bring up "sacred space" anyway I will be listening to find out The program can be viewed for free on ewtns website at the above mentioned time.
http://www.ewtn.com/index.asp

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283640684' post='2167936']
LC those shoes are a real penance to look at!!! :sweat: Thanks for the help in mortifying my senses! :saint: :hehe:
[/quote]

LOL I think the black shoes will be "perfect" for the Priory. (And, I don't think they're THAT awful.) Plus, I think L-C will be wearing sandals a lot of the time (or Wellies).

But, L-C probably shouldn't have shown you the picture of those black shoes. After looking at them, the Discalced Carmelites will look even more attractive to you! Vee8 to God--"If you have ANY mercy, please call me to an Order that wears sandals." :joecool:

As little as I know about Sisters and nuns, one thing I DO know is that if wearing fashionable/attractive shoes is an important value, joining a habited Order of Sisters or nuns is NOT the right vocation. Heck, as I understand it, pre-Vatican II, many Orders wore men's shoes, and since they weren't meant for women's feet, the shoes were often very uncomfortable. L-C's shoes are a HUGE advance!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1283615503' post='2167794']
However, once I pictured them nicely snuggled under a habit, I instantly fell in love with them. Not to mention, they make my feet feel like they're walking on clouds. :cloud9:
[/quote]

I've tried the SAS on and they felt like I was walking on a cloud for me, too! I ended up going for Hotter brand because SAS was digging into my feet in the top and I think the back.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1283644817' post='2167973']
I've tried the SAS on and they felt like I was walking on a cloud for me, too! I ended up going for Hotter brand because SAS was digging into my feet in the top and I think the back.
[/quote]

As I've said before, if it weren't for their charism, habit, horarium, etc. etc. I'd make a perfect PCPA. I hate shoes and wear them as little as possible. Out of the house, I mostly I wear sandals (summer), or snow boots (the rest of the year). I don't even wear slippers in the house.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283640684' post='2167936']
LC those shoes are a real penance to look at!!! :sweat: Thanks for the help in mortifying my senses! :saint: :hehe:
[/quote]

Better watch out, you might be next in line buying those very shoes... *Dominican squinty eyes*

Muuuuwaaaahaaahahaahhaaha!! :evil:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283644595' post='2167969']
LOL I think the black shoes will be "perfect" for the Priory. (And, I don't think they're THAT awful.) Plus, I think L-C will be wearing sandals a lot of the time (or Wellies).

But, L-C probably shouldn't have shown you the picture of those black shoes. After looking at them, the Discalced Carmelites will look even more attractive to you! Vee8 to God--"If you have ANY mercy, please call me to an Order that wears sandals." :joecool:

As little as I know about Sisters and nuns, one thing I DO know is that if wearing fashionable/attractive shoes is an important value, joining a habited Order of Sisters or nuns is NOT the right vocation. Heck, as I understand it, pre-Vatican II, many Orders wore men's shoes, and since they weren't meant for women's feet, the shoes were often very uncomfortable. L-C's shoes are a HUGE advance!
[/quote]

You are right, Iggy -- I will definitely be wearing sandals as much as possible! :love: However, the more I see these shoes, the more I love them.. they just scream "NUNLY!!!" to me. Granted, if Dominicans were to go discalced, be assured, I'd be all for that in a heartbeat!!! [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif[/img]

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283645638' post='2167978']
As I've said before, if it weren't for their charism, habit, horarium, etc. etc. I'd make a perfect PCPA. I hate shoes and wear them as little as possible. Out of the house, I mostly I wear sandals (summer), or snow boots (the rest of the year). I don't even wear slippers in the house.
[/quote]

I believe you mean the PCCs--as in the Poor Clare Colettines. The PCPAs, as far as I know, wear shoes, but the PCCs do not. They are the stricter form of the Order of Poor Clares. ;)

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1283658095' post='2168117']
I believe you mean the PCCs--as in the Poor Clare Colettines. The PCPAs, as far as I know, wear shoes, but the PCCs do not. They are the stricter form of the Order of Poor Clares. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. I confess, I've really never understood the differences between the two (mostly because I haven't taken enough time to read about them.)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283658395' post='2168118']
Thanks for the clarification. I confess, I've really never understood the differences between the two (mostly because I haven't taken enough time to read about them.)
[/quote]

I think it's amazing just how much you do know about Catholic religious communities!

As for the PCCs... I would love to go barefoot everywhere (I think they wear clogs in the garden), but with socks on! My feet get cold but I hate shoes. In Carmel I wear Crocs, which are acceptable as sandals, and they aren't too restricting for my feet. Some of the nuns wear shoes, but only because their feet need them for one reason or another. At Kirk Edge, some of them still wore the original Carmelite sandals, but they are more expesive these days and have to be hand made, so they are slowly dying out. It makes more sense for poverty's sake to get something that will wear well and doesn't cost the earth.

[quote name='Yaatee' timestamp='1283644242' post='2167964']
Ex-cuuuse me!

I WEAR shoes like that! ;)
[/quote]

Im so sorry to hear that! :console:
Im sure the souls in purgatory thank you though :smile3:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283644595' post='2167969']

[/quote]

:smile3: hahaha yes! Im pretty sure Teresa of Avila took one look at those shoes (which I think she describes seeing in her vision of Hell) and said "ok then, discalced it is!" :saint:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1283647715' post='2167991']
Better watch out, you might be next in line buying those very shoes... *Dominican squinty eyes*

Muuuuwaaaahaaahahaahhaaha!! :evil:

[/quote]

And if you get tired of those shoes there are some nice Carmels in England :deal:

I want the deal smiley back!!!! waaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! :cry3:

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283712201' post='2168327']
Im so sorry to hear that! :console:
Im sure the souls in purgatory thank you though :smile3:

:smile3: hahaha yes! Im pretty sure Teresa of Avila took one look at those shoes (which I think she describes seeing in her vision of Hell) and said "ok then, discalced it is!" :saint:

And if you get tired of those shoes there are some nice Carmels in England :deal:

I want the deal smiley back!!!! waaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! :cry3:
[/quote]

The "deal" smiley still exists, it's just called "rules" now. :rules: But, I liked the smarmy guy in the old smiley better. We've gotten some great new emos, but I'd gladly give up :mafia: for the old "rules" smiley.

:wall:
Ive done it...

:mad:

:crazy:

the Carnelite invasion of my shelf is complete ....

:ohno:

:help:

:blink:

:cuss:

[size="1"]Ive bought an Elizabeth of the Trinity book [/size] :sad2:

:paperbag:
[url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0935216014/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product[/url] Edited by vee8

laetitia crucis

Muuuuwahahahaahahahahhaahaaa!!!

[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/excellent-frog.jpg[/img]

The Carmelite Invasion of your bookshelf is nearing completion... now you know you're going to have to order Vol. 2 as well, right?

:nun: