A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284096244' post='2171259']
:wall:
Ive done it...

:mad:

:crazy:

the Carnelite invasion of my shelf is complete ....

:ohno:

:help:

:blink:

:cuss:

[size="1"]I've bought an Elizabeth of the Trinity book [/size]:sad2:

:paperbag:
[url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0935216014/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product[/url]
[/quote]

When you enter that Dominican community you're REALLY called to enter, I'm sure your Sisters will appreciate the "rounding out" of their library collection by your contribution of Carmelite books. After all, even a Dominican can't read Thomas Aquinas ALL the time (or maybe they can).

I echo L-C's "Muuuwhahahaha" above. :joecool:

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284096631' post='2171264']
... now you know you're going to have to order Vol. 2 as well, right?

:nun:
[/quote]

Volume 2 doesnt matter just having volume 1, or anything by or about her, is enough to do it. :sad2:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1284097028' post='2171266']
When you enter that Dominican community you're REALLY called to enter, I'm sure your Sisters will appreciate the "rounding out" of their library collection by your contribution of Carmelite books. After all, even a Dominican can't read Thomas Aquinas ALL the time (or maybe they can).

I echo L-C's "Muuuwhahahaha" above. :joecool:
[/quote]

I suspect they can read Thomas ALL the time :smile3:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284132543' post='2171379']
I suspect they can read Thomas ALL the time :smile3:
[/quote]

Of course they can't. After all he did say that everything he had written was as straw... and who wants to read straw all the time? :blink:

Much better to read the Way of Perfection or TheLiving Flame of Love, don't you think?? :like:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284132771' post='2171382']
Of course they can't. After all he did say that everything he had written was as straw... and who wants to read straw all the time? :blink:

Much better to read the Way of Perfection or TheLiving Flame of Love, don't you think?? :like:
[/quote]

[i]The Way of Perfection[/i] made me want to gouge my eyes out. :sweat: :paperbag:

[i]The Living Flame of Love[/i], however... :cloud9: Love. I luf it.

[size=1]Edit: Dear Carmelite Sisters... please don't hate me... :tomato: [/size]

Edited by laetitia crucis

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284132997' post='2171383']
[i]The Way of Perfection[/i] made me want to gouge my eyes out. :sweat: :paperbag:

[i]The Living Flame of Love[/i], however... :cloud9: Love. I luf it.

[size="1"]Edit: Dear Carmelite Sisters... please don't hate me... :tomato: [/size]
[/quote]

Okay, I'll give you that one. Sometimes Teresa is a bit too much for me too, especially the Interior Castle.

What do you think of the Spiritual Canticle though? Juan de la Cruz is really so fantastic.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284133158' post='2171385']
Okay, I'll give you that one. Sometimes Teresa is a bit too much for me too, especially the Interior Castle.

What do you think of the Spiritual Canticle though? Juan de la Cruz is really so fantastic.
[/quote]

[i]Spiritual Canticle[/i] = :love:

Juan de la Cruz is probably my favorite Carmelite saint. :notworthy2: (Although I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd probably like Elizabeth of the Trinity if I "met" her... :sweat: ) The Teresas/Thereses/Teresitas are a little too much for me to handle. :paperbag:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284133452' post='2171388']
[i]Spiritual Canticle[/i] = :love:

Juan de la Cruz is probably my favorite Carmelite saint. :notworthy2: (Although I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd probably like Elizabeth of the Trinity if I "met" her... :sweat: ) The Teresas/Thereses/Teresitas are a little too much for me to handle. :paperbag:
[/quote]

If you like Juan, you might also like Teresa Benedicta's book about him called Science of the Cross. She is brilliant and that is the best book I have read on his spirituality ever, even better than JPII's.

The Teresa's are hard for me too, although each one has certain elements that I like. And TofA did wake me up to Carmel in the first place, so I have to love her.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284133672' post='2171390']
If you like Juan, you might also like Teresa Benedicta's book about him called Science of the Cross. She is brilliant and that is the best book I have read on his spirituality ever, even better than JPII's.

The Teresa's are hard for me too, although each one has certain elements that I like. And TofA did wake me up to Carmel in the first place, so I have to love her.
[/quote]

I've only be able to read bits of Teresa Benedicta's [i]Science of the Cross[/i] while in the convent before -- so many books, so little time!! :cry: -- but what I did read of it, I [i]really [/i]enjoyed! Definitely a book that I'd want to read entirely and thoroughly.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284133527' post='2171389']
:lol: I just noticed your new "title", nunsense!!! :clapping: BRILLIANT!!! Aaahaahahhaahaha!!!!
[/quote]

:proud:

:nun2:

:hehe:

Ok, thanx.... but I am going to need help with my real name in religion. I have the choice to keep my own or choose one but I can't decide.

:think2: suggestions?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284134021' post='2171391']
I've only be able to read bits of Teresa Benedicta's [i]Science of the Cross[/i] while in the convent before -- so many books, so little time!! :cry: -- but what I did read of it, I [i]really [/i]enjoyed! Definitely a book that I'd want to read entirely and thoroughly.
[/quote]

It's a great one for lectio divina because it requires a lot of thought and needs to be taken slowly, but well worth it, especially the section on the spousal relationship. :love:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284132997' post='2171383']

[size="1"]Edit: Dear Carmelite Sisters... please don't hate me... :tomato: [/size]
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl:Shockingly I dont think of anything by TofA that caused me to have that reaction. <_< on the other hand.... but Teresa the worst I get is :blink: Ive had to put some of her stuff down and just go :blink: :crazy: but I love her anyway.
The Living Flame of Love AAAAAAAHHHHH! :love:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284134315' post='2171395']
:rotfl: :rotfl:Shockingly I dont think of anything by TofA that caused me to have that reaction. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] on the other hand.... but Teresa the worst I get is :blink: Ive had to put some of her stuff down and just go :blink: :crazy: but I love her anyway.
The Living Flame of Love AAAAAAAHHHHH! :love:
[/quote]

Teresa's life is probably the easiest thing of hers to read, and the letters are really fascinating.

Juan's Ascent of Mt Carmel is the hardest thing I've ever read by him.... the climb up that mountain is almost unbearable!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284134515' post='2171397']
Teresa's life is probably the easiest thing of hers to read, and the letters are really fascinating.

[b]Juan's Ascent of Mt Carmel is the hardest thing I've ever read by him[/b].... the climb up that mountain is almost unbearable!
[/quote]

That is probably my favorite work by him. (I know, [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/crazy.gif[/img], right? Hah!) The first time reading it.... well, it was rather mind-boggling and somewhat torturous, but upon subsequent readings... just WOW. He's mystical AND practical. :like3: That practicality of his wisdom is what keeps me hooked, and I think, "[i]Okay... maybe... just maybe.... this could be reasonable[/i]." Hahahaha!