An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

I will repeat:

Some people please discern with these folks:

[url="http://stanthonyshrine.org/PoorClares/"]http://stanthonyshrine.org/PoorClares/[/url]

(I am not sure, but I THINK the photos on their website are out of date and they do have some young people in formation.)

They're within walking distance of my house, and I go to their chapel sometimes to just "be", and well that'd be cool.

:nunpray:

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1296247540' post='2205966']
I don't often turn green... but I just did.
You got to do two things at the very top of my To Do List:
1) Meet the CFRs
2) Go to the March for Life
[/quote]

hahahahaha It was an amesome experience.

And I agree, what ARE you waiting for? hahaha

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1296253738' post='2206058']
hahahahaha It was an amesome experience.

And I agree, what ARE you waiting for? hahaha
[/quote]

Money. I cannot go anywhere because I have no money!!! :cry2:

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1296275486' post='2206239']
Money. I cannot go anywhere because I have no money!!! :cry2:
[/quote]

How very Franciscan of you. :clapping:

(And yes, I've also met the CFRs in the past, and I have attended the March for Life many times. But it's local for me.)

I knew an order that was willing to pay for me to fly over to try out, if I couldn't pay. So if you are super serious about an order, try asking, or at least explain your situation and see what they say.

Edited by JoyfulLife

franciscanheart

You might also consider talking to your local council of Knights. I know one of the councils here can help with that kind of thing. And? FUNDRAISE. Seriously. Think of clever things to do for people in an effort to visit orders. You'd be surprised how willing people are to make a donation to your savings to do this. People love to get :priest: prayers and :nunpray: prayers. ;)

:saint: :like:

franciscanheart
:nunpray:

i never knew what a huge part of discernment prayer would be. more so than looking at sites, talking to people, visiting convents, prayer has been my discernment "staple". it's more than "necessary", if that's possible. it's brought me much consolation and strength in waiting and preparing.

franciscanheart

Where's that little clip of St Clare having her hair snipped in a move about St Francis? I've never seen it but so loved that clip that I want to rent it and watch it. Only, I don't know which it is! And I can't find the clip any more to figure it out... Anyone?

Francis cuts Claire's hair in 'Brother Son, Sister Moon'. The movie has its pluses but...is a very 'hippie' take on St. Francis ;). Not sure if this is the clip you mean....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7d-B1LZWWY[/media]

Edited by MithLuin

[quote name='hugheyforlife' timestamp='1296685664' post='2207937']
Where's that little clip of St Clare having her hair snipped in a move about St Francis? I've never seen it but so loved that clip that I want to rent it and watch it. Only, I don't know which it is! And I can't find the clip any more to figure it out... Anyone?
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46LSfCYtlA

I got this movie for Christmas, and I love it! It's called Francis of Assisi; I've watched it over and over. Brother Son, Sister Moon was cute, but I like this one better.

franciscanheart

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1296690178' post='2207981']
Francis cuts Claire's hair in 'Brother Son, Sister Moon'. The movie has its pluses but...is a very 'hippie' take on St. Francis ;). Not sure if this is the clip you mean....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7d-B1LZWWY[/media]
[/quote]
:hehe: That's not it.

This one takes place in a monastery, it seems, and looks pretty traditional. She has beautiful long blonde hair that gets cut all off when her father and wanna-be-fiance (?) barge in. I might have this all wrong. Anyway someone said that actress actually became a nun a couple years after production. :dance:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' timestamp='1296692917' post='2208003']
:hehe: That's not it.

This one takes place in a monastery, it seems, and looks pretty traditional. She has beautiful long blonde hair that gets cut all off when her father and wanna-be-fiance (?) barge in. I might have this all wrong. Anyway someone said that actress actually became a nun a couple years after production. :dance:
[/quote]

Yup, Dolores Hart. She's a Benedictine nun, an abbess I think. Fun fact: she gave Elvis his first (stage) kiss, and both of their ears became purple from embarrassment and they had to use stage makeup to cover it :hehe:

Edited by Pax_et bonum

franciscanheart

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1296693045' post='2208004']
Yup, Dolores Hart. She's a Benedictine nun, an abbess I think. Fun fact: she gave Elvis his first (stage) kiss, and both of their ears became purple from embarrassment and they had to use stage makeup to cover it :hehe:
[/quote]
Hilarious! :hehe: Which title was it?

[quote name='hugheyforlife' timestamp='1296694214' post='2208009']
Hilarious! :hehe: Which title was it?
[/quote]

Loving You, and she was also in King Creole with Elvis

franciscanheart

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1296692675' post='2208000']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46LSfCYtlA

I got this movie for Christmas, and I love it! It's called Francis of Assisi; I've watched it over and over. Brother Son, Sister Moon was cute, but I like this one better.
[/quote]
how did i miss this?! :clapping: yes! this is it! thank you!!