An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1296920896' post='2209022']
I got that from the CFR's website years ago ;)
[/quote]
Love. :love:

'Deus Meus et Omnia' = 'My God and My All!' God is everything in the life of a Franciscan - nothing else needed.
[/quote]
Again. So much love. :love:

'We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you, here and in all your churches, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world."
[/quote]
I may be mistaken but the translation I use and love I first heard from the CFRs (I may be mistaken about the wording):

We adore you, O Christ, and we praise you, here and in all your tabernacles throughout the world, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.

:nun2:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297532754' post='2211704']
These days religious life is almost always on my mind. :nunpray:
[/quote]

Are you still discerning with the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal?

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297564439' post='2211850']
Are you still discerning with the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal?
[/quote]
Mhmm. :like:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1297565656' post='2211856']
Mhmm. :like:
[/quote]

:woot:

I really miss them. I hope I can see them sometime this year, especially Sr. Agnes and Sr. Maria Teresa. Both of them are pretty much friends of mine from previous encounters and I've had very deep conversations about religious life with them. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297571008' post='2211868']
:woot:
[/quote]
That's my feeling. :smile2:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297571008' post='2211868']
I really miss them. I hope I can see them sometime this year, especially Sr. Agnes and Sr. Maria Teresa. Both of them are pretty much friends of mine from previous encounters and I've had very deep conversations about religious life with them. :)
[/quote]
:like:

• 3 weeks later...

Love the Franciscans, especially the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in Ft. Worth (http://cfrtexas.com/). They are amazing they come to the university I attend all the time. Fr. Juan Diego is my favorite. He as a great ZZ Top beard and wears a John Deer trucker hat. The work they do with and for the poor of Ft. Worth is wonderful and I truly wish I was called to the type of life that the Franciscans lead and drawn to their spirituality and charism, but alas I am not. I am a St. Thomas Aquinas fan so I guess it was destined that I fall in love with the Dominicans. I, like all Dominicans, love St. Francis and I have loved him for a long time. How can you not love the patron saint of animals?

I am super excited though. I get to spend a month and half in California with the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael and the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose and then jet off to the Adrian Dominicans. Pray for me that I find my community this summer. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

Love the Franciscans, especially the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in Ft. Worth (http://cfrtexas.com/). They are amazing they come to the university I attend all the time. Fr. Juan Diego is my favorite. He as a great ZZ Top beard and wears a John Deer trucker hat. The work they do with and for the poor of Ft. Worth is wonderful and I truly wish I was called to the type of life that the Franciscans lead and drawn to their spirituality and charism, but alas I am not. I am a St. Thomas Aquinas fan so I guess it was destined that I fall in love with the Dominicans. I, like all Dominicans, love St. Francis and I have loved him for a long time. How can you not love the patron saint of animals?

I am super excited though. I get to spend a month and half in California with the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael and the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose and then jet off to the Adrian Dominicans. Pray for me that I find my community this summer. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/nunpray.gif[/img]

franciscanheart

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299225059' post='2217778']

[/quote]

Have you met Brother Mariano? He's a local and I like saying I knew him "when"... :)

I still haven't wrapped my head around the CFRs being in Fort Worth, even though they've been here for years now. :P

In regards to your love of Saint Thomas Aquinas: ME TOO!! :love: I fell in love with St. Thomas and his life and work at nine years old. I'm definitely a Franciscan (love Papa Francis) so I guess our roles are reversed. :P I'm a Franciscan who very much loves Saint Thomas Aquinas. :blush:

In other news: Really really really hope I hear back from Sister Francis before Lent. :whistle:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1299226488' post='2217785']

Have you met Brother Mariano? He's a local and I like saying I knew him "when"... :)

I still haven't wrapped my head around the CFRs being in Fort Worth, even though they've been here for years now. :P

In regards to your love of Saint Thomas Aquinas: ME TOO!! :love: I fell in love with St. Thomas and his life and work at nine years old. I'm definitely a Franciscan (love Papa Francis) so I guess our roles are reversed. :P I'm a Franciscan who very much loves Saint Thomas Aquinas. :blush:

In other news: Really really really hope I hear back from Sister Francis before Lent. :whistle:
[/quote]

I have not met Br. Mariano. I would like to though, I would like to meet all of them. They are really amazing and so much fun.

How can anyone not love Aquinas? He is just that amesome.

I too hope you hear back from her. Good luck!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299225064' post='2217779']

[/quote]

You wouldn't have happened to go to the CFR Sisters' Come and See retreat in January 2010? There was a girl there named Lily who I bunked with and she lives in Texas. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1299227067' post='2217787']
I have not met Br. Mariano. I would like to though, I would like to meet all of them. They are really amazing and so much fun.

How can anyone not love Aquinas? He is just that amesome.

I too hope you hear back from her. Good luck!
[/quote]

Actually, nevermind. I just read on your profile that you are 30, and Lily was fresh out of high school.

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1299228801' post='2217794']
You wouldn't have happened to go to the CFR Sisters' Come and See retreat in January 2010? There was a girl there named Lily who I bunked with and she lives in Texas. :)
[/quote]
Bunked? They have bunks now? :o