An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

MargaretTeresa

Well, MEEEEEEEE! Sort of... in the feeling out stages with the Poor Clare Colettines in Cleveland... I really do love what I've heard so far... putting out feelers to PCPAs as well...

:love: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. and :love: barefoot as well.

Hmmmmm...

Clare~Therese

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312327451' post='2280495']
Well, MEEEEEEEE! Sort of... in the feeling out stages with the Poor Clare Colettines in Cleveland... I really do love what I've heard so far... putting out feelers to PCPAs as well...

:love: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. and :love: barefoot as well.

Hmmmmm...
[/quote]

That's amesome!

i<3franciscans

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1312323162' post='2280476']
I've learned since my first real community visit how truly important those age limits are! I'm so grateful to have been asked to wait a few years!
[/quote]
Did they ask you to go to college? I was not planning on going to college, but anything they ask..... will be done. I can understand waiting a few years, I have "found myself" in the past few years....waiting in prayer and some silence here and there. : ) I know I am not yet ready, but I pray that it is not too many years away.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1312304418' post='2280322']
No :(

Talked to my SD. He thinks it's okay to go ahead and try contacting them again since it's been like five months. I'm starting school again in the fall so at least I have a good "distraction"!

I love yours!! :yahoo: And the outdoor retreat: NO WAY! Holy jealousy? Does that exist? If so, I have that right now. I wrote to them again five months ago and haven't heard back. Prayers for you. :)
[/quote]

It exists. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: It is called Camp Veritas. It is here in New York. It is for high schoolers BUT they are looking for counselors. It is from august 14-20. It is an amazing place with daily rosary, daily Mass, and ADORATION!!!!!!!! The friars where there the past two years but they are going to WYD... : P Please google it and sign up!!!!!!!!! God will find money for the plane ticket...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1312373999' post='2280790']
Did they ask you to go to college? I was not planning on going to college, but anything they ask..... will be done. I can understand waiting a few years, I have "found myself" in the past few years....waiting in prayer and some silence here and there. : ) I know I am not yet ready, but I pray that it is not too many years away.
[/quote]

I know you didn't ask me, but I know that the CFR Sisters do not require that an entrant have a college education. I was discerning with them for a while and even attended a "Come and See" retreat. They do appreciate life experience beyond the high school level like work or college. Sr. Francis recommended to me to get involved in a Catholic volunteer ministry like LAMP in New York. I discerned I was not called to the CFRs, but I am still looking into doing volunteer work next summer. :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1312374688' post='2280793']

I know you didn't ask me, but I know that the CFR Sisters do not require that an entrant have a college education. I was discerning with them for a while and even attended a "Come and See" retreat. They do appreciate life experience beyond the high school level like work or college. Sr. Francis recommended to me to get involved in a Catholic volunteer ministry like LAMP in New York. I discerned I was not called to the CFRs, but I am still looking into doing volunteer work next summer. :)
[/quote]

Thanks!!! :nun1:

Clare~Therese

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312336331' post='2280587']
I love the PCC life as I've read about it so far.
[/quote]

Me too.
:woot:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1312387278' post='2280879']

Thanks!!! :nun1:
[/quote]

You're quite welcome! :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1312373999' post='2280790']
[/quote]
As MM explained, they do not require a college education. They didn't ask me to go to school, just to continue to discern at home and keep in touch and come back in a few years when I had more life experience under my belt. I was very young and even more immature though I didn't know it at the time. There were so many ways I would have been lacking at that time, but it took gaining that life experience to understand what they meant. :) I happen to be going back to school this fall and "intend" to finish school, but we'll see where God leads me. :like:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1312374254' post='2280792']

It exists. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: It is called Camp Veritas. It is here in New York. It is for high schoolers BUT they are looking for counselors. It is from august 14-20. It is an amazing place with daily rosary, daily Mass, and ADORATION!!!!!!!! The friars where there the past two years but they are going to WYD... : P Please google it and sign up!!!!!!!!! God will find money for the plane ticket...
[/quote]
Ooo I don't think I can swing that this year, but it's definitely something to look into for next year. :) Thank you for the info! (Darn full-time job! And school! BOO!)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1312471837' post='2281466']
As MM explained, they do not require a college education. They didn't ask me to go to school, just to continue to discern at home and keep in touch and come back in a few years when I had more life experience under my belt. I was very young and even more immature though I didn't know it at the time. There were so many ways I would have been lacking at that time, but it took gaining that life experience to understand what they meant. :) I happen to be going back to school this fall and "intend" to finish school, but we'll see where God leads me. :like:

Ooo I don't think I can swing that this year, but it's definitely something to look into for next year. :) Thank you for the info! (Darn full-time job! And school! BOO!)
[/quote]
I will keep you in my prayers during the week. Any questions you want me to ask them? :buddies:

MargaretTeresa

Finally started reading "A Reason to be Merry". Don't want to put it down, but hiding it from my mom is a must.

:love: this book.

I hope I'll have another letter in my mailbox when I check it, or at least soon!, from the CPCCs, as I've dubbed them. :dance4:

i<3franciscans

"hiding it from my mom is a must"........ I am right there with you, but it is a different book. :love:

Edited by i<3franciscans

Little Flower

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312561566' post='2281964']
Finally started reading "A Reason to be Merry". Don't want to put it down, but hiding it from my mom is a must.

:love: this book.

I hope I'll have another letter in my mailbox when I check it, or at least soon!, from the CPCCs, as I've dubbed them. :dance4:
[/quote]
Wait - do you mean A Right to be Merry? IM READING THAT BOOK TOO!!! :w00t: I just have a couple of chapters left! :dance: I totally :love: it! Makes me want to go find some Poor Clares to visit!

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Little Flower' timestamp='1312652158' post='2282443']
Wait - do you mean A Right to be Merry? IM READING THAT BOOK TOO!!! :w00t: I just have a couple of chapters left! :dance: I totally :love: it! Makes me want to go find some Poor Clares to visit!
[/quote]
OOps... yeah. :doh: blonde moment. I am about 4 chappies in and reading about Lady Poverty. Depending on my nun run, I could be visiting either Cleveland (PCCs) or Boston (FSPs). And we have regular Poor Clares in Memphrika, so I could always swing by. :smile4: