An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315341526' post='2301224']

Yeah, you are right. The Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart are Franciscan spirituality but do not have the Franciscan name included in their title. The Sister Servants of the Eternal Word are both Dominican and Franciscan and aren't included in either. That's interesting that I didn't think of that. :)
[/quote]
Exactly! :) I have an active, curious brain... :P

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315417018' post='2301653']

It was in short amazing!!! I had never met them before, just the friars. The sisters were everything I had hoped they would be and so much more!!!! They are so personable and filled with so much energy and joy!!!! We went boating one day... that is an experience I will never forget!!! Sr. Felicity insisted on rowing the entire time, so we ended up just going in circles for about an hour. :hehe2:
We had a lot of meals together which was really nice. I love just being in their presence and marveling at their constant joy and humor....
And of course we prayed a lot. Their spirituality is soooo beautiful and inspiring. I love the fact that they have a daily holy hour. <3 Sr. Kelly Francis (I love her name!!!!) was a wonderful example. As a novice, you could truly see her child like faith in Jesus. She was so ready to listen to anything that Sr. Felicity had to say. It was beautiful watching them interact with each other. :love:
After they confirmed the fact that their entrance is 21, I know that I have a long wait ahead of me, but I am okay with that. I am just realizing how young I really am... if that makes sense.
Spending a week with the sisters was such a blessing. I am more excited than ever to see what God has in store for my future! Please keep me in your prayers.

Peace!
i<3f.
[/quote]
You have my prayers, for sure. :) Glad you enjoyed them.

I got to spend some time with two CFR friars at World Youth Day, and that was great! They're a lot of fun, of course, and my sister was serving as a Spanish translator for them, so that was fun, too. We met them walking out to Cuatro Vientos for the papal mass.

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314858_580333975350_144902390_32115220_8185126_n.jpg[/img]

franciscanheart

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1315417641' post='2301666']
this thread has entirely too many Franciscans

[img]http://www.spintown.net/images/nuns/form1.jpg[/img]

fixed
[/quote]
I luff you.

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1315420182' post='2301686']
I got to spend some time with two CFR friars at World Youth Day, and that was great! They're a lot of fun, of course, and my sister was serving as a Spanish translator for them, so that was fun, too. We met them walking out to Cuatro Vientos for the papal mass.

[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/314858_580333975350_144902390_32115220_8185126_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
LOVE this picture! :) Love the CFRs! :)

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315417018' post='2301653']

It was in short amazing!!! I had never met them before, just the friars. The sisters were everything I had hoped they would be and so much more!!!! They are so personable and filled with so much energy and joy!!!! We went boating one day... that is an experience I will never forget!!! Sr. Felicity insisted on rowing the entire time, so we ended up just going in circles for about an hour. :hehe2:
We had a lot of meals together which was really nice. I love just being in their presence and marveling at their constant joy and humor....
And of course we prayed a lot. Their spirituality is soooo beautiful and inspiring. I love the fact that they have a daily holy hour. <3 Sr. Kelly Francis (I love her name!!!!) was a wonderful example. As a novice, you could truly see her child like faith in Jesus. She was so ready to listen to anything that Sr. Felicity had to say. It was beautiful watching them interact with each other. :love:
After they confirmed the fact that their entrance is 21, I know that I have a long wait ahead of me, but I am okay with that. I am just realizing how young I really am... if that makes sense.
Spending a week with the sisters was such a blessing. I am more excited than ever to see what God has in store for my future! Please keep me in your prayers.

Peace!
i<3f.
[/quote]

I pray that God gives you much needed grace to get you through these next 5 years. I know the wait can be tough as I am in a kind of holding pattern myself at the moment, but you will experience so many things that you couldn't experience if you entered now. I can still remember what it was like when I was 16 (which was 12 years ago; I still can't believe how old I am! LOL!). I couldn't wait to get out of high school because it was a dreadful experience for me. College hasn't been easy either, but I've matured so much since I started.

Do you live in an area where the Friars and Sisters have Youth 2000 retreats often? Or Catholic Underground? If so, it would be an excellent way for you to keep in touch with them while you finish school. They are a fabulous community -- I love them so much. Just being around them brings me joy because of the joy they exude -- it's contagious! rotfl

Prayers for you!

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1315417710' post='2301667']
Exactly! :) I have an active, curious brain... :P

You have my prayers, for sure. :) Glad you enjoyed them.
[/quote]

You and me both! rotfl

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1315420182' post='2301686']

[/quote]

Aw, I love those CFRs! They rock! :woot:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

i<3franciscans

Thanks so much MM! It is encouraging to hear from people who have been in my shoes before. :nun1:

I live in the forbidden diocese; Albany. Yes, it is two and a half short hours from the Bronx, but I don't have my own car yet. :cry: In due time. Thanks for the prayers!!!!!!!! and ditto to you FH! :nun2:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315426754' post='2301736']
Thanks so much MM! It is encouraging to hear from people who have been in my shoes before. :nun1:

I live in the forbidden diocese; Albany. Yes, it is two and a half short hours from the Bronx, but I don't have my own car yet. :cry: In due time. Thanks for the prayers!!!!!!!! and ditto to you FH! :nun2:
[/quote]

You're welcome, little one. That's a shame that you live so far away from them. It would be nice if you could go to more events. The more you interact with them, the more you can be prepared for discernment. :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315426754' post='2301736']

[/quote]
Is there a train? I used to live in NJ, and that's how I'd get to the city (driving there is insane, as you know! :) )

i<3franciscans

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1315432164' post='2301794']
Is there a train? I used to live in NJ, and that's how I'd get to the city (driving there is insane, as you know! :) )
[/quote]
Yes there is a train, but my parents (I love them.) are worried about my security of riding to Penn Station alone. I believe that God would take care of me. But tell that to a protective parent? So a few of my friend and are thinking about going down for the profession..... we have to find someone to drive us though. Any offers??? :lol:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315435721' post='2301807']
Yes there is a train, but my parents (I love them.) are worried about my security of riding to Penn Station alone. I believe that God would take care of me. But tell that to a protective parent? So a few of my friend and are thinking about going down for the profession..... we have to find someone to drive us though. Any offers??? :lol:
[/quote]

I would, if I lived in New York! :hehe:

Unfortunately, I live very far away, but I wish I didn't so that I could participate in a Profession Ceremony.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1315437689' post='2301826']

I would, if I lived in New York! :hehe:

Unfortunately, I live very far away, but I wish I didn't so that I could participate in a Profession Ceremony.
[/quote]
I go to the Little Sisters of the Poor profession every year, the CFRs always come, but it is not the same. I have watched the profession video on youtube like a million times. I love it more every time!!!!!!!!!! If you have not seen it you should look into it. I just search "Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal".......
If I wasn't so scatter brained I am sure I would know, but what orders are you now discerning?

LaPetiteSoeur

I got to meet a Polish CFR from NYC two years ago at a Final Profession of Vows. He was super cool, as was the CFR he came with. Very, very cool order! Prayers they get many more vocations!

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1315438927' post='2301831']
I go to the Little Sisters of the Poor profession every year, the CFRs always come, but it is not the same. I have watched the profession video on youtube like a million times. I love it more every time!!!!!!!!!! If you have not seen it you should look into it. I just search "Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal".......
If I wasn't so scatter brained I am sure I would know, but what orders are you now discerning?
[/quote]

I LOVE that profession video! It's so beautiful. I had to stop watching it because I was pining for the order but God is not calling me there. It's not healthy to fixate on something that will never materialize.

I've discerned with several orders and even applied to the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in 2009, but I have not found THE order (I thought Carmel was it, but God responded and I knew it was not to be). At present, I am discerning with the [url="http://www.rsmofalma.org/"]Religious Sisters of Mercy[/url] in Alma, MI. I am trying to get in touch with the vocation director and save up money to do a retreat there. I hope to hear from Sr. Catherine Marie next week because this week is extra busy with the postulants being initiated tomorrow. Once everything dies down, I may call her if I don't hear from her soon. :)