An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

IgnatiusofLoyola

I could never be a Franciscan because I look terrible in brown. And, if I had to wear brown every day, it would make me depressed and they would kick me out.

Does this mean I'm shallow? :hehe:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1316117015' post='2305161']
I could never be a Franciscan because I look terrible in brown. And, if I had to wear brown every day, it would make me depressed and they would kick me out.

Does this mean I'm shallow? :hehe:
[/quote]

Well, I guess being a Carmelite is out! rotfl

You could always be a CFR because they wear the Capuchin robe which is a grey color.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316033635' post='2304710']
Like a REAL date or a lets-do-coffee date??? Just curious. Does he measure up to Jesus? LOL
[/quote]
When my sister was in high school, she was having a freak out because her sort-of boyfriend at the time wouldn't go to Mass on Holy Days of Obligation and didn't have an issue with that. My mom told her that while it's frustrating, you do need to remember that no man is going to be a perfect person. So what does my sister do? Joins a convent, so she can marry Jesus and prove my mom wrong. :| :hehe2:

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316117127' post='2305162']

Well, I guess being a Carmelite is out! rotfl

You could always be a CFR because they wear the Capuchin robe which is a grey color.
[/quote]
What she said. rotfl

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316114486' post='2305149']

I think that is most definitely appropriate. I left a message on their answering machine when I was wondering about when I could come and I hadn't heard from either Sr. Francis or Sr. Francesca in quite a while. It was like November or December 2009 and I had just gotten some unexpected money. :)
[/quote]
I've called. :( I guess I should call once more...

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1316114343' post='2305146']
At this point, I'd call. I think the time span has safely moved from "patience" to time for "persistence", if you know what I mean ;). Things happen- e-mails/letters/phone messages get lost and/or forgotten.
[/quote]
:) Thank you for the suggestion and support. I think I will call... again...

franciscanheart

[quote name='jennyanne' timestamp='1316040064' post='2304758']
Yes. Please call the vocation number and leave a message for Sr. Francis to call you.
[/quote]
[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316039815' post='2304752']

Yeah, that bites the dust. I wonder why they are taking so long to get back to you. It's almost like 2009 when I tried to contact them in June by sending the questionnaire form and Sr. Francis didn't get back to me until October. I thought she learned her lesson after she felt so bad about waiting so long. I wonder if they are extremely busy with new postulant entrances or something...

Have you tried calling?
[/quote]

I missed these responses. Thanks, ladies! :) Will do.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316117287' post='2305163']
When my sister was in high school, she was having a freak out because her sort-of boyfriend at the time wouldn't go to Mass on Holy Days of Obligation and didn't have an issue with that. My mom told her that while it's frustrating, you do need to remember that no man is going to be a perfect person. So what does my sister do? Joins a convent, so she can marry Jesus and prove my mom wrong. :| :hehe2:
[/quote]

rotfl

I've you want to marry someone perfect, Jesus is the one you want! LOL!

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1316117293' post='2305164']
What she said. rotfl

I've called. :( I guess I should call once more...

:) Thank you for the suggestion and support. I think I will call... again...
[/quote]
[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1316117389' post='2305165']

[/quote]

Please do and I'll be praying that it goes well for you. I hope you get an answer this time. :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1316117287' post='2305163']
[/quote]
HA! That is amesome! In a rebellious sort of way. :hehe2:

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1316117389' post='2305165']

[/quote]

Humph. I understand that they're busy people and can't always respond right away. But this is MONTHS!

I also understand that messages get lost, life happens. Which is why you followed up.

This is just ridiculous. Krissy is angry with the CFRs!

:mad:

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1316196455' post='2305509']
To St. Joseph, I was born on his feast day. :)

FH, have you called yet?
[/quote]

Neato! I was born on the feast day of St. Anne and St. Joachim, the parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary (July 26th). St. Anne is actually my confirmation saint. Did you take Josephine or something similar for yours or did you choose a different saint? :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316219281' post='2305641']

Neato! I was born on the feast day of St. Anne and St. Joachim, the parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary (July 26th). St. Anne is actually my confirmation saint. Did you take Josephine or something similar for yours or did you choose a different saint? :)
[/quote]
No, I took St. Faustina. I love her so much! I hold St. Joseph in a very special place in my heart. He always pulls through for me. :)

MargaretTeresa

I was born on St Faustina's actual feast day... and the day after St Francis's feast day!

Got back from the FSCC last night. Love them, but don't think I'm called there. No flame like there was with the FSP (or the spark with the DCs)