An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1322877946' post='2343849']

This [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/images/newsletter/HeLeadsIFollowIssue7Nov2011.pdf"]newsletter[/url] has some info on them. They are novices now.
[/quote]

That's so wonderful! Continued prayers for all of them!

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1320087077' post='2329438']
I'm telling you -- if I wasn't called to a different order by God -- I would enter the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal with all the joy in my heart! I love them so very much! I was a little heartbroken when I discerned that God was calling me somewhere else, but I know that He knows better than I do what will make me truly happy. I love the CFRs so much and I refer those young women who feel called to religious life to look into them. They are amazing! :love:
[/quote]
right on! the CFRs are truly wonderful. i still haven't heard from them, but i meet with my spiritual director in a few weeks to talk things over. i know i would not be able to enter now, so it's probably better that i've yet to hear anything.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1319571203' post='2326942']

Fr Andrew Apostoli, Fr Glenn, and Fr. Benedict Groeschel are all so young in that video! :)
[/quote]
Not to mention our Papa, JPII!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Vocation Station, Gemma Kateri! Great to see you here, and if there's not already a thread about the order you are discerning with, feel free to start one!

• 5 weeks later...
PhuturePriest

I'm discerning with the Franciscan Brothers Minor, Franciscan Brothers of Peace, Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word, and I discern off and on with the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, although their whole "We'll possibly send you to Africa or some other country like that" deters me pretty quick. I'm most seriously discerning with the Franciscan Brothers Minor and Franciscan Brothers of Peace at the moment, but I still love the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. I just don't like their age limit. I feel that everyone from eighteen to one hundred and twenty that is willing, able, and has a call from God, should be allowed to enter a Community. I think that waiting until you're twenty-two is harmful and can damage Vocations greatly. But, despite this, they are still an amazing Community that I love a lot. I'm simply not willing to wait for so long. I'm much like Saint Therese of Lisiuex in this manner. I see no reason to wait this long. If I'm twenty two and I find myself having had discerned with all of these other Communities, I'll join them in a heartbeat.

However, I'm also closely discerning with the Diocesan Priesthood and the F.S.S.P., as well as, if I'm brave enough to type it here, the Dominicans and the Benedictine Monks at Clear Creek.

Edited by FuturePriest387

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1327616640' post='2375864']
I just had a thought: what if I am never clothed as a Franciscan? :hehe:
[/quote]

Your heart will still be Franciscan!

[quote name='Gemma_Kateri' timestamp='1324519328' post='2355584']
I'm a Franciscan all the way and am discerning with the Franciscan Sisters of Penance of Our Sorrowful Mother!
[/quote]

Are these the TOR sisters?

franciscanheart

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1327616828' post='2375865']
Your heart will still be Franciscan!
[/quote]
Definitely. I was just thinking: what if I'm clothed in another order? I'll have to beg dUSt to change my screenname. :P

Guest hermanita

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1327618033' post='2375878']

Definitely. I was just thinking: what if I'm clothed in another order? I'll have to beg dUSt to change my screenname. :P
[/quote]

When he changes your title to "Religious," he can make other adjustments if necessary. You are sooo Franciscan sistah