An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lesbianism In Catholic Womens Religious Orders

Guest blackiron1

Guest blackiron1

Voice of Catholic Radio Interview with Randy Engel, Part III on Lesbianism in Women Religious Orders is available at http://www.voiceofcatholicradio.com/walk,100530,sisters_in_rebellion,part_iii,randy_engel,j_bagnoli_arc,31_min.mp3.

The complete text of the three-part series [24 pages] from Catholic Family News by Randy Engel, “Sisters in Rebellion” is now also available online at http://www.newengelpublishing.com/index.php?pr=eBooks.

Highlights from Part III Catholic Family News Series on the Growing Problem of Lesbianism in Female Religious Orders:

The astute observation by Donna Steichen, author of Ungodly Rage – The Hidden Face of Catholic Feminism, that “…among contemporary assailants of the Church, the female of the species is more spiteful, irrational, unscrupulous and destructive than the male,” is borne out in this final installment in CFN on radical feminist/lesbian religious in AmChurch today. …
Over the last half-century, lesbian religious have forged a symbiotic relationship with their radical feminist sisters, and both have piggybacked themselves onto the liberal Left political engine. …
It is no coincidence that some of the Gay Liberation Front’s most zealous leaders are religious sisters and ex-sisters. …
Clearly, feminist/lesbian religious have proven to be a virtual goldmine for the Gay Liberation Movement. Let’s look at what these nuns bring to the Homosexual Collective’s table, and what they get in return. …
The post-Vatican II liberalization of religious orders has accelerated the rise of homosexual activity among women religious. The common practice of permitting sisters to live outside convent walls now gives individual and partnered religious lesbians the freedom to live the double life of a consecrated religious and an active lesbian. ...
[Predatory lesbian nuns] use grooming practices similar to those employed by pederasts to seduce new victims; victims almost never report the abuse to ecclesiastical or secular authorities; and rather than being dismissed from the order, lesbian abusers are regularly transferred from convent to convent to avoid prosecution and public scandal. …
The Vatican has yet to address the problem of lesbianism and lesbian sexual abuse in women religious orders. See ACTION LINE at end of series.

Blackiron, I am certain there are many lesbian nuns that are more devout and pleasing to God than I will ever be. If you feel outraged pray for these servants of God to be chaste, and act according to the will of God. I feel its needed to expose things like this, if only the effect is to have more of us pray for their complete conversion to His will. I will never be convinced that a heterosexual being could be " seduced " by a homosexual. Prayer is the answer, always keep the religious in your prayers, my first thought when ever I hear of a religious that is an abuser is they must have been really tempted by satan, how much better a prize for the deceiver than a soul who has been called by God. Read the lifes of saints and you will be surprised how many of them have been tortured by demons, even Jesus was tempted by satan, but these souls are only humans, fraught with human weakness. I have never been tortured by a demon, why bother with someone like me who will sin anyway, what gain is there in that.

ed

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='11 July 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1278825626' post='2141118']
Blackiron, I am certain there are many lesbian nuns that are more devout and pleasing to God than I will ever be. If you feel outraged pray for these servants of God to be chaste, and act according to the will of God. I feel its needed to expose things like this, if only the effect is to have more of us pray for their complete conversion to His will. I will never be convinced that a heterosexual being could be " seduced " by a homosexual. Prayer is the answer, always keep the religious in your prayers, my first thought when ever I hear of a religious that is an abuser is they must have been really tempted by satan, how much better a prize for the deceiver than a soul who has been called by God. Read the lifes of saints and you will be surprised how many of them have been tortured by demons, even Jesus was tempted by satan, but these souls are only humans, fraught with human weakness. I have never been tortured by a demon, why bother with someone like me who will sin anyway, what gain is there in that.

ed
[/quote]

:cheers:

MichaelFilo

[quote name='Ed Normile' date='11 July 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1278825626' post='2141118']

ed
[/quote]

A heterosexual need not be seduced. Imagine anyone in authority over you making sexual advances, what results is not seduction, rather powerlessness. As with all abused sexually, homosexuality actually tends to be the route they go, and the cycle goes on.

My prayers to the victims.

Luke 17:1-2

"It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!

It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble. "

That being said, how realistic is it? Lesbian nuns, that is?

I've only met one. She was Benedictine. She came out during treatment for alcoholism. She ended up leaving the order shortly after that. I'm not sure if she was asked to leave, chose to or what. Her treatment brought up lots of stuff from her past, so being a lesbian was the least of her problems.

The real problem isn't in disordered sexual desire or misbehavior. The real problem is in wanting to deny that it is disordered or that sexual misbehavior even exists. There have always been those with homosexual desires, but in recent history, it's been coupled to an ideology. I watched An Anne Rice interview on PBS, and she spoke about Catholic sexual morals, which she believes will change (the change will be "cataclysmic", she says) to suit our "new" scientific discoveries. There is a truly bizarre conviction out there that all sexual desires must be accepted simply because they exist. It's a common enought human want--not that sin will be forgiven, but that sin will cease to be sin.

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 July 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1278866279' post='2141201']
The real problem isn't in disordered sexual desire or misbehavior. The real problem is in wanting to deny that it is disordered or that sexual misbehavior even exists. . . .
[/quote]
Yes, and associated with this denial is the constant desire on the part of some people to make disordered passions an identifying characteristic of the human person.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Winchester' date='11 July 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1278866279' post='2141201'] It's a common enought human want--not that sin will be forgiven, but that sin will cease to be sin.[/quote]
yes.

• 4 years later...
franciscanheart

Yes, and associated with this denial is the constant desire on the part of some people to make disordered passions an identifying characteristic of the human person.

As if ordered passions are not. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

As if ordered passions are not. :rolleyes:

Ordered sin sounds buddhist. Once a month isn't obsessive type stuff.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye