An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans On Ewtn

Starets

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='13 July 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1279073242' post='2142319']
[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif[/img]

Hahaha! How embarrassing! My face probably would have turned beet red from embarrassment. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/lol.gif[/img]

What a cool story! We'll see if God has a trick up His sleeves for this would-be nurse as well. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Okay, now I feel old. I don't see why MissScripture's sister was so embarrassed by what her mother said. It didn't seem like an embarrassing remark at all. I thought it was funny.

Maybe I've done so many stupid things, I've gotten used to it. But, I confess, it's also because I discovered one day that I had reached a watershed in my life. I did something so embarrassing that it makes what MissScripture's mother said seem like nothing. (And what she said WAS nothing, IMO.) Instead of how I would have reacted before, I didn't die of embarrassment. I just took care of it.

But, some things you never grow out of, I guess. My mother, at 83, still worries about dressing appropriately, even if she's going somewhere where no one knows her or will ever see her again. My sister and I both laugh. But, if I make it to 83, I'll probably be worried about something different that I shouldn't worry about.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Margaret Mary' date='14 July 2010 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1279110462' post='2142458']
Does anyone know how many postulants Nashville is expecting this year? Just curious...
[/quote]

23!!!!!!

Same as last year's class! :))

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='14 July 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1279137487' post='2142656']
23!!!!!!

[/quote]

Wow -- that's crazy! (In a great way, of course! ;) )

May God bless them in their continued discernment!

:sign:

[quote name='ksterling' date='14 July 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1279137598' post='2142658']
I wonder how many of this year's 23 will become novices.
[/quote]

How many made it this year? Does anyone know?

Wouldn't it be awesome if it was each of their vocations to be a Nashville Dominican, to make it to the novitiate, and then all the way to Final Vows?

God bless them all in their discernment! :clapping:

laetitia crucis

Hmmm... this is somewhat random, but I was wondering, does anyone know exactly how long the Nashvilles' novitiate is? I always assumed two years, but for some reason I'm thinking it's only [i]one[/i] year.

:idontknow:

MissScripture

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='14 July 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1279137487' post='2142656']
23!!!!!!

[/quote]
Actually, as of yesterday, there were 25 accepted! ^_^

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='14 July 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1279142418' post='2142703']
Hmmm... this is somewhat random, but I was wondering, does anyone know exactly how long the Nashvilles' novitiate is? I always assumed two years, but for some reason I'm thinking it's only [i]one[/i] year.

:idontknow:
[/quote]

They only have a canonical novitiate that lasts one year where the novice is in a white veil before taking the temporary vows for 3 years. However, for the first four years of formation (postulancy thru first 2 years in vows), one is still taking classes in the novitiate. :)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MissScripture' date='14 July 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1279149584' post='2142757']
Actually, as of yesterday, there were 25 accepted! ^_^
[/quote]

WOW!!!!!

:yahoo:

OnlySunshine

I just called and left a message on Sr. Mary Emily's answering machine. I was getting a little antsy there waiting for a reply to my email, so I called. I hope to hear from her very soon! Prayers! :))

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='14 July 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1279154606' post='2142789']
They only have a canonical novitiate that lasts one year where the novice is in a white veil before taking the temporary vows for 3 years. However, for the first four years of formation (postulancy thru first 2 years in vows), one is still taking classes in the novitiate. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, MM! :D

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='14 July 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1279157071' post='2142810']
I just called and left a message on Sr. Mary Emily's answering machine. I was getting a little antsy there waiting for a reply to my email, so I called. I hope to hear from her very soon! Prayers! :))
[/quote]

:clapping: Glad you called!! She should return your call soon -- hopefully within the week! I had called a few years ago (granted, I'm sure they're probably receiving even more inquiries than in 2006) and Sr. Mary Emily was quite quick with returning her messages. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' date='14 July 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1279157071' post='2142810']
[/quote]

:woot: :pray:

Edited by vee8

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='14 July 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1279158240' post='2142814']
Thanks for the clarification, MM! :D

:clapping: Glad you called!! She should return your call soon -- hopefully within the week! I had called a few years ago (granted, I'm sure they're probably receiving even more inquiries than in 2006) and Sr. Mary Emily was quite quick with returning her messages. :)
[/quote]

The more I think about going on a retreat there, the more giddy I get! I feel like a kid in a candy shop! :))

I asked her to call after I get off work either tomorrow or Friday around 3:30pm. I'll be excitedly awaiting her call!

[quote name='vee8' date='14 July 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1279158826' post='2142816']
:woot: :pray:
[/quote]

Thanks for your prayers!