An Old School Catholic Message Board

Worthy Of Sainthood?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ+

Hello! :D

Have you ever felt like all you ever wanted to become was a Saint, but you felt unworthy of such an honor? I'm kinda feeling this way now. I know it is possiable to attain sainthood, and really everyone (kinda) becomes a Saint when they enter Heaven, but I feel this urge to try to attain this now... I've asked Christ to crucify me and well, He's said I'm not ready... I guess I just need a bit of reassurement, or see if anyone else has been feeling this way... Well, thanks for anything at all! God Bless!

Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

FutureNunJMJ

All who enter Heaven do indeed become saints in the full sense of the word, although many are "unsung" saints. I think this is the most humbling desire you can have, since you seek nothing but union with God for His glory, not to be recognized for it.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ+

Yes, I agree, it is very humble. You know, I believe that Pope John Paul II is a living Saint! He is the greatest! But anyway, thank you! God Bless!

Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

FutureNunJMJ

We are all called to be "holy ones," to be "sanctus," to be saints. It is awesome to think that one day, by the grace of God, I will hopefully be in heaven and be praying for all the people down here.

Theologian in Training

You desire sainthood and that is great, never lose that zeal. However, when asking God to "crucify" you you must realize that it is not always a merely physical manifestation. Sometimes the crucifixion can come in the form of a physical ailment, the loss of a friend or family member, persecution, having your name defamed, spiritual aridity, and a myriad of other things. To be crucified Christ needs to know you are ready, prepare you in that readiness, and needs to find a level of faith that He knows will help you draw closer to Him rather than further away. Perhaps Christ knows you are not ready, and needs to prepare you before He believes you to be ready.

Remember, when Christ asks if you can drink the cup, the cup is brimming it is so full, you must be ready to drink a lot of suffering to be crucified with Him.

Just my .02

God Bless Alelluia!!!

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Apr 16 2004, 01:38 AM'] :unsure: are you a my twin JMJ?

why do i feel like i am looking at myself in the mirror :ph34r: [/quote]
:huh: [font="Courier"]wow... strange things [/font] :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a similar experience. Although I am married, the Lord has called me to be a secular "priest" (i.e., ministering by example in the work place, in the home, in social settings). In the last year, my soul has been hungering for sainthood -- not in a "hey, look at me, I'm a saint!" sense, but in the sense of being consumed by Christ and enjoying a special communion with the holy spirit and being open to suffering for the salvation of souls. I find myself asking God over and over again, "God, make me a saint... show me how to be a saint... show me how to die on the cross next to you..."

The Lord hasn't responded one way or another to my prayers, but with the persecutions I've been going through in the past three years, I somehow believe He heard my request. All I can say is, you are worthy of sainthood. If God does not present you with obvious steps toward that goal, meditate on where he wants you right now.

It is my opinion (and only my opinion) that we are hurtling towards an event that will challenge our mettle as a nation. God has told me that great difficulties are coming to our country, but that His children "will be like angels walking amidst the dead." Dead physically? Dead spiritually? Whatever it is, God needs all of us to desire sainthood. We will be instruments of his mercy when the time comes. We all need to be prepared through prayer and sacrifice. God will do the rest.

Guest ambrose

tm30: maybe you are going through a Dark Night of the Soul, as described by St John of the Cross....?

Soldier4Him

It's true, we are indeed all called to be saints. And we should all live our life accordingly. Some of us will attain sainthood, but only our Father knows who. And if we are so chosen, we have to remember, things don't come in our time. They come in GOD's time. Be patient. If you're meant to be one, he'll let you know what to do, and when the time will come. His peace be with you!!!

~AJ

• 8 months later...

She is way up there.

I have thought of that often. Truly though i have decided i must only be humble and live each day like i am going to meet God. (somedays i do. he is present and talking in many people i know) I also try to be Christ to each person i meet and die to myself constantly. I don't say that to be proud. I do them because Christ means that much to me. He has literally carried me through many trials.