An Old School Catholic Message Board

Instant Messenger Thingies

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta

Okay, strange post here, I apologize beforehand. Maybe this isn't appropriate, I don't know. But, over the past few months I've felt like I've really gotten to know a lot of the VSers and I've really, really enjoyed the posts and interaction on this board. I've often found myself a little sad that we're all on at different times and don't necessarily have the opportunity for conversations (although, some of our threads almost got there, with such quick posts after one another).

Anywho, I don't know if anyone's interested, but I thought it would be neat to also be able to chat via one of those instant messenger services. Maybe this is something that should be shared through PM, again I'm not sure. But would anybody be interested? I don't currently have/use a messenger system, but would be willing to do one if anybody was interested.

Again, I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Ive never been on there but I hear there is a tinychat site that PMers go on. Im wondering if the powers that be can set up one just for VS?

I just got on Skype, does that count? I'm still not exactly sure what it is...

the only other thing I'm on is facebook chat. I have a yahoo IM but I don't really use it.

I would definitely be willing to get something started though!

I think a tinychat room would be fine. That way all that is needed is a browser and no IM software need be installed.

she_who_is_not

We used to have vocation chats on Friday nights when there was a Phatmass chat room.

[quote name='JTheresa' date='17 July 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1279343295' post='2143811']
I just got on Skype, does that count? I'm still not exactly sure what it is...
[/quote]

Me & my sister made our cats have a video chat the other night with Skype. :kitten:

Whenever I went in the tinychat, it seemed like there was always some type of trauma or the threat of it - since it was public, anyone could go in (e.g. - not a PMer) and say or broadcast (there's a video option) anything. Is this still the same or can the rooms be private, like an invite-only thing?

Amor vincit omnia

I think it would be awesome if VS could get a tinychat...i would like to get to many more of yall!

I have Skype as well as AIM instant messenger!

[quote name='holly.o' date='18 July 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1279402086' post='2144030']
Me & my sister made our cats have a video chat the other night with Skype. :kitten:

Whenever I went in the tinychat, it seemed like there was always some type of trauma or the threat of it - since it was public, anyone could go in (e.g. - not a PMer) and say or broadcast (there's a video option) anything. Is this still the same or can the rooms be private, like an invite-only thing?
[/quote]
Nothing like that has happened lately, so I'm not worried. You can require people to log in with twitter or facebook, and as long as we keep the address known through personal messages and don't post it publicly i think it'll be fine.
oree
I was never one of those who created the rooms so maybe one of those can say more. Anyway. MSN and skype works for me too. I never even thought of skype, but i have that too.

soooo.....

what we gonna do? I totally want to do this but have no idea how.

HELP!!!111!!!11!!!!1!!!one!!!!!eleven!!!

here you guys go. i wont be on it, but its easy enough to make one

http://tinychat.com/vocationstation

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='20 July 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1279677262' post='2145778']
here you guys go. i wont be on it, but its easy enough to make one

http://tinychat.com/vocationstation
[/quote]

Hey! Cool!

I'm logged, if anyone's interested! Woot!!

Thanks!!