An Old School Catholic Message Board

Middle Of The Road Communities

Lilllabettt

PhuturePriest

I would not consider these communities "middle of the road." They are very traditional. 

I read your post. The Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word are very lax about technology. I'm pretty sure all of the members have phones. The Knights of the Holy Eucharist are the same way, and they have a reformed habit on top of that. I've actually spoken with them, so I might know more about them than you do.

^ The last line sounds snootier than intended.

Edited by FuturePriest387

veritasluxmea

Maybe they're leaning towards the middle of the road on the more traditional side? lol. 

Edited by veritasluxmea

OnlySunshine

I wonder, then, if the Sisters of St. Rita qualify?  The Superior has a Facebook and so does the first year novice (which is different than other communities).  I don't know much about their formation program, though.  Their German Motherhouse is definitely "middle-of-the-road."

http://www.sistersofstrita.org

German Motherhouse website

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Lilllabettt

I read your post. The Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word are very lax about technology. I'm pretty sure all of the members have phones. The Knights of the Holy Eucharist are the same way, and they have a reformed habit on top of that. I've actually spoken with them, so I might know more about them than you do.

Really? They were my neighbors for 2 years. Oh snap.

PhuturePriest

Really? They were my neighbors for 2 years. Oh snap.

36e287534a77d919e68e5a68d72fba15.jpg

After going to my mission again this year I feel like all my usual comebacks seem snootier than I intend them to be. Hopefully that annoying feeling goes away and I go back to not caring.

hoosieranna

MM, I've got mad research skills too-comes from being a geographer.  I'm Anglican/agnostic but I figure I might as well earn as many "points" as I can.  For what it's worth, this is a wonderful resource:  Deo est Gloria directory.

middle of the road-ish Dominicans (Dominican Sisters of Divine Providence)

Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament (former PMer is a member)

Pax Christi Sisters

Sisters of Mary, Queen (American province of Vietnamese congregation)

Daughters of Mary of the Immaculate Conception

Mantellate Sisters, Servants of Mary

Servants of God's Love

Oblates of Jesus the Priest

IHM Sisters of Wichita (maybe more conservative recently)

OnlySunshine

MM, I've got mad research skills too-comes from being a geographer.  I'm Anglican/agnostic but I figure I might as well earn as many "points" as I can.  For what it's worth, this is a wonderful resource:  Deo est Gloria directory.

middle of the road-ish Dominicans (Dominican Sisters of Divine Providence)

Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament (former PMer is a member)

Pax Christi Sisters

Sisters of Mary, Queen (American province of Vietnamese congregation)

Daughters of Mary of the Immaculate Conception

Mantellate Sisters, Servants of Mary

Servants of God's Love

Oblates of Jesus the Priest

IHM Sisters of Wichita (maybe more conservative recently)

I use deoestgloria.com all the time, especially when I built my website for Older Vocations.  :)

If she could Mother Angelica would probably kick your butt for that comment about the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word :joecool:
She has friends in high places you know :cointoss:

PhuturePriest

If she could Mother Angelica would probably kick your butt for that comment about the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word :joecool:
She has friends in high places you know :cointoss:

You realize their mission is literally to work with technology, right? They run studio equipment and their website. On most of the shows by EWTN, they're the ones running the cameras. They use more technology than most communities do. It's not a bad thing, it's in fact a good thing.

Lilllabettt

Media apostolate doesn't really make a community "middle of the road."

Franciscans of the Immaculate are in media too. Internets and all that jazz. They are about as far from "middle of the road" as you can get. MFVAs are traditional and that's how Mother A would want them to be.

You realize their mission is literally to work with technology, right? They run studio equipment and their website. On most of the shows by EWTN, they're the ones running the cameras. They use more technology than most communities do. It's not a bad thing, it's in fact a good thing.

Yes, I know that. My comment was tongue in cheek :alien: You're taking posts serious now, wow :elvis: