An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

Awww....almost! I'll actually be moving the 18th, not the 17th. That would have been supercool though! I think the ceremony will probably be on the 19th, but I'm not really sure yet.

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283308036' post='2166145']
Ok - I've set a date!

18 days!!! :blush:
[/quote]

YIPPEE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:nun1: :nun1: :clapping: :clapping: :dance: :dance:

IrishSalesian

[quote name='JTheresa' timestamp='1283317021' post='2166183']
3 days!!!!!
:dance:
[/quote]
:like: :clapping: :dance:
:nun1:

:bravo:

Edited by IrishSalesian

[quote name='JTheresa' timestamp='1283317021' post='2166183']
3 days!!!!!
:dance:
[/quote]

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img] :nun2: :woot: :nun2: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/clap2.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283308036' post='2166145']
Ok - I've set a date!

18 days!!! :blush:
[/quote]

Heeeey -- you should send your name and info to Lil Red so she can post it in the "Phatmass Vocations" pinned thread!! :clapping:

17 days!

I feel so shallow and worldly - I was told to try to bring the minimum with me to the convent (of course), but I keep freaking out about all of my things and leaving them behind! Since I'm just starting pre-postulancy, I still need clothes as well as stuff for whatever job I hopefully find, but I just am so sad about my stuff! It's so silly! :wall:

I suppose part of my issue is what I am going to miss most if I become a sister is all of my outdoor explorations. Camping, backpacking, snowshoeing, skiing, kayaking, etc are all very equipment intensive, so leaving those things behind is just so hard. :cry2:

I've known this would happen, but now that I'm getting down to packing time it's really hitting me.

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283376814' post='2166521']
17 days!

I feel so shallow and worldly - I was told to try to bring the minimum with me to the convent (of course), but I keep freaking out about all of my things and leaving them behind! Since I'm just starting pre-postulancy, I still need clothes as well as stuff for whatever job I hopefully find, but I just am so sad about my stuff! It's so silly! :wall:

I suppose part of my issue is what I am going to miss most if I become a sister is all of my outdoor explorations. Camping, backpacking, snowshoeing, skiing, kayaking, etc are all very equipment intensive, so leaving those things behind is just so hard. :cry2:

I've known this would happen, but now that I'm getting down to packing time it's really hitting me.
[/quote]

It's so weird to see you counting down at a small number right off. LOL! With JTheresa, ALRichey, and L_C, we had time to prep for their leaving, but you are barely giving us any notice. :blowkiss:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283376814' post='2166521']
17 days!

[/quote]

You aren't shallow or worldy, just human. But remember that God returns our gifts a hundredfold, but not always in the ways we expect. The Novice Mistress at Nedlands used to work in a dog kennel and she was sad about giving up dogs. Now she is in charge of the four (!) that are at the convent, and they adore her. She gave up her love, God gave it back.

Just trust Him with everything. Easy to say, hard to do, but try to remember how much He loves you.

Praying for you, dear one, at this time. :nunpray:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1283385540' post='2166665']
It's so weird to see you counting down at a small number right off. LOL! With JTheresa, ALRichey, and L_C, we had time to prep for their leaving, but you are barely giving us any notice. :blowkiss:
[/quote]

Well I will still have internet access, so you'll see me around from time to time, just not as often. :)

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283389490' post='2166703']
Well I will still have internet access, so you'll see me around from time to time, just not as often. :)
[/quote]

Gah, my memory is terrible. You are the one joining the Apostles of the Sacred Heart, right? Sorry, I know I've asked this before, but I can't find your answer. :blush:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1283389719' post='2166705']
Gah, my memory is terrible. You are the one joining the Apostles of the Sacred Heart, right? Sorry, I know I've asked this before, but I can't find your answer. :blush:
[/quote]

Nope, I'm with the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist. :) Think of me as the hippie hugging trees, playing in the woods, and loving St. Francis. :hippie:

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1283389809' post='2166706']
Nope, I'm with the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist. :) Think of me as the hippie hugging trees, playing in the woods, and loving St. Francis. :hippie:
[/quote]

:lol4:

I'll try to remember. I have a terrible short term memory because of my ADD. :crazy:

[/quote]

BTW, it will be cool to see your face on their website! I love that they post their news. :)

[/quote]

If my memory serves me I remember reading that at least one other VSer has met these Sisters and insists they are wonderful so I pray this is true and even better is in store for you! Many prayers!