An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

laetitia crucis

28 days.

Feeling both :shock: and :w00t:

And yes, still this: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smokey.gif[/img] Just chillaxin'.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1284135601' post='2171406']
One week! :shocking: :clap: :wacko: :o :saint: :blink: :crazy: :clapping: :dance:
[/quote]

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2:

Par-taaaaay!

So...are you going to have a "I'm Entering the Convent" party? :smile4:

No, since I'm just entering pre-postulancy. If I continue on to postulancy, I might do that, although I don't really have many friends that live in one location, they're kind of spread all over the country!

AccountDeleted

I am feeling 'coutdown envy' because I don't have an answer to my application yet or a date to countdown :sad:

It's funny that when I was in the convent, in the last few weeks, I was counting down the days until I could come back to visit my sister again, but once I am outside the convent, I always want to count down the days until i am back inside again! :crazy:

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284164687' post='2171599']
I am feeling 'coutdown envy' because I don't have an answer to my application yet or a date to countdown :sad:

It's funny that when I was in the convent, in the last few weeks, I was counting down the days until I could come back to visit my sister again, but once I am outside the convent, I always want to count down the days until i am back inside again! :crazy:
[/quote]

Kind of like the old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side." :hehe:

I'm praying that you get accepted soon, if it's God's will of course, and that you will have a date. During my discernment, I always wondered when it would happen for me, so I know kind of what you are going through. And it can't be easy when you have the desire to be in the cloister and God wants you out in the world a bit longer. We must trust that He knows the good for our soul. :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1284165075' post='2171602']
Kind of like the old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side." :hehe:

I'm praying that you get accepted soon, if it's God's will of course, and that you will have a date. During my discernment, I always wondered when it would happen for me, so I know kind of what you are going through. And it can't be easy when you have the desire to be in the cloister and God wants you out in the world a bit longer. We must trust that He knows the good for our soul. :)
[/quote]

Oh, I am fully resigned to His will, whatever it is. I am also just a very impatient sort of person and like to 'know' things immediately because then I feel I can 'get on with my life'. I am a spoiled brat in many ways and God is always trying to teach me patience.

My sister gave me a little sign once that read, "God grant me patience, but hurry."

As for the 'grass is greener' scenario - that is typical of me too. I think it is part of not 'being here now' or living in the present moment with Jesus. He is so good to me though. I just wanted to run home to my sister so I could tell her all about my time in the convent. Once that was done however, I just wanted to run back there. If He decides that He has other plans for me, that's okay because I think I am learning to trust Him! Wow! :dance:

NovemberFourth

It's Saturday. In a few hours I will starting my journey, via an airport hotel, and will officially enter the Postulancy on Monday.

Feeling quite excited and a bit nervous too!

Strange to think the next time I post here I will have entered....

Please keep me in your prayers, as you are all in mine

N4

AccountDeleted

[quote name='NovemberFourth' timestamp='1284193231' post='2171791']
It's Saturday. In a few hours I will starting my journey, via an airport hotel, and will officially enter the Postulancy on Monday.

Feeling quite excited and a bit nervous too!

Strange to think the next time I post here I will have entered....

Please keep me in your prayers, as you are all in mine

N4
[/quote]

How wonderful for you! I will be keeping you in my prayers too. May God bless you and keep you. :nunpray:

AccountDeleted

Well, I can stop feeling jealous of those with countdowns now. The Prioress of the Nedlands Carmel phoned me tonight and said that the Chapter has voted to accept me into the postulancy. She said that the formator (Novice Mistress) would contact me next to discuss the entrance date and other details. :dance: I am very happy.

I am thinking that Oct 15th would be a great day to enter Carmel :clapping: (St Teresa of Avila feast day). I just wanted to share my joy with the pham.

I am a little stunned by the date today as well (Sept 11th). For so many it is a day of sad memories, but for me now, it is a day of great joy. I am going to offer extra prayers for all of those who have experienced loss on this day, and ask God to bless them. :nunpray:

For me counting is endless till I get my interview for visa, this coming week they are doing the interviews. Perhaps I will get one, I'm storming Heaven!!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='angelofmary' timestamp='1284201379' post='2171807']
For me counting is endless till I get my interview for visa, this coming week they are doing the interviews. Perhaps I will get one, I'm storming Heaven!!
[/quote]

I am praying for your visa! :nunpray: