An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284198868' post='2171804']
I am a little stunned by the date today as well (Sept 11th). For so many it is a day of sad memories, but for me now, it is a day of great joy. I am going to offer extra prayers for all of those who have experienced loss on this day, and ask God to bless them. :nunpray:
[/quote]

Oh, Nunsense!!! Congratulations!!!! Many prayers for you! :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1284210593' post='2171826']
Oh, Nunsense!!! Congratulations!!!! Many prayers for you! :)
[/quote]

Thank you so much. I have to laugh a little at how many times I have done this. I must nearly have graduated from discernment school by now, don't you think so? :smile2:

The good thing is that I have already lived with them for three months, so there shouldn't be any surprises for them or for me. If they didn't want me there, like the last Carmel, then they would surely have figured that out by now and voted against my entrance. So I am hopeful that this might be (finally) where God wants me. I sure do hope so. :beg: I was becoming a professional postulant!

Edited by nunsense

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284211117' post='2171827']
Thank you so much. I have to laugh a little at how many times I have done this. I must nearly have graduated from discernment school by now, don't you think so? :smile2:

The good thing is that I have already lived with them for three months, so there shouldn't be any surprises for them or for me. If they didn't want me there, like the last Carmel, then they would surely have figured that out by now and voted against my entrance. So I am hopeful that this might be (finally) where God wants me. I sure do hope so. :beg: I was becoming a professional postulant!
[/quote]

I will definitely pray that you have found your true home, finally. It must be very difficult and humbling to be in so many places and still feel like God is sending you on a search again, but you've handled it well. You never gave up! May God bless you abundantly for your patience and courage. :)

PrayerSupporter

Well, I can stop feeling jealous of those with countdowns now. The Prioress of the Nedlands Carmel phoned me tonight and said that the Chapter has voted to accept me into the postulancy. She said that the formator (Novice Mistress) would contact me next to discuss the entrance date and other details. :dance: I am very happy.

I am thinking that Oct 15th would be a great day to enter Carmel :clapping: (St Teresa of Avila feast day). I just wanted to share my joy with the pham.
[/quote]

Wonderful news! Deo gratias! October 15th would be great, but if you want it even earlier (but probably not practical) there is always October 1st for St. Therese.... Continued prayers for you as you begin your new journey.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='PrayerSupporter' timestamp='1284215982' post='2171848']
Wonderful news! Deo gratias! October 15th would be great, but if you want it even earlier (but probably not practical) there is always October 1st for St. Therese.... Continued prayers for you as you begin your new journey.
[/quote]

No, Oct 1st is probably too soon for me to get things together, but that's ok. The Carmel here in Melbourne does a nice Mass for Therese's feast. I went last year and it was very sweet.

laetitia crucis

:[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284198868' post='2171804']
Well, I can stop feeling jealous of those with countdowns now. The Prioress of the Nedlands Carmel phoned me tonight and said that the Chapter has voted to accept me into the postulancy. She said that the formator (Novice Mistress) would contact me next to discuss the entrance date and other details. :dance: I am very happy.

I am thinking that Oct 15th would be a great day to enter Carmel :clapping: (St Teresa of Avila feast day). I just wanted to share my joy with the pham.

I am a little stunned by the date today as well (Sept 11th). For so many it is a day of sad memories, but for me now, it is a day of great joy. I am going to offer extra prayers for all of those who have experienced loss on this day, and ask God to bless them. :nunpray:
[/quote]

:yahoo:

I am so happy for you and, like MM said, I also hope this will be your final earthly "home", so to say! You are truly an inspiration to me.

[quote name='angelofmary' timestamp='1284201379' post='2171807']
For me counting is endless till I get my interview for visa, this coming week they are doing the interviews. Perhaps I will get one, I'm storming Heaven!!
[/quote]

:crusader: :pray: :beg::please: :crusader2:

Storming heaven, right along with you!!

P.S. -- 26 days until I fly, and 27 days until I'm entered and postulantified. :nerd:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284216797' post='2171853']
:

:yahoo:

I am so happy for you and, like MM said, I also hope this will be your final earthly "home", so to say! You are truly an inspiration to me.

:crusader: :pray: :beg::please: :crusader2:

Storming heaven, right along with you!!

P.S. -- 26 days until I fly, and 27 days until I'm entered and postulantified. :nerd:
[/quote]

You enter the 9th or 10th of October? I won't be far behind you then! :nunpray:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284217005' post='2171856']
You enter the 9th or 10th of October? I won't be far behind you then! :nunpray:
[/quote]

I'll be entering on October 7th. :nun: (However, I'll be flying out on October 6th.)

I love flying, and I even love being in airports. Hahaha!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284218036' post='2171860']
Aw come on nunsense dont you want to wait until the feast of John of the Cross to enter? :smile3:
[/quote]

Well, I promised one of the sisters that I would be there for her Solemn Profession on the 11th December, so can't miss that...

but I should wait at least until the new Harry Potter movie opens, don't you think?? :dance: oh yeah, that happens in November!

Edited by nunsense

[/quote]

That's wonderful!

Dieu vous benisse!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1284218192' post='2171862']
Well, I promised one of the sisters that I would be there for her Solemn Profession on the 11th December, so can't miss that...

but I should wait at least until the new Harry Potter movie opens, don't you think?? :dance: oh yeah, that happens in November!
[/quote]

Yay -- religious tag!!! :clapping: