An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1284631330' post='2173736']
Ok so I got a phone call yesterday from the vocations directress (no it wasn't the long awaited phone call :( ) but it was to tell me that the letter from my SD had arrived and that the superior should contact me shortly with the formal/official decison (I hope they still want me) I also heard from my confessor/other SD and he is on board for a letter of recommendation so YAY!!!!!

So now I am doing a pre-countdown countdown. I am told I should hear within the next couple of weeks, I am crossing my fingers and storming the heavens.

Keep me in your prayers!
[/quote]

How wonderful for you! :clapping: :nunpray:

As some of you saw on Monday I updated my status to say I had written (emailed) a Carmel asking what steps are necessary to be considered for a live in. Three full days have passed which Im trying NOT to count and I havent heard anything. I know they have to pray about things, discuss things with each other and the Holy Spirit, and that I have to learn patience and can offer up this waiting as a sacrifice, however, the anticipation remains! Maybe I will go alphabetize my books.... :P

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284644222' post='2173765']
As some of you saw on Monday I updated my status to say I had written (emailed) a Carmel asking what steps are necessary to be considered for a live in. Three full days have passed which Im trying NOT to count and I havent heard anything. I know they have to pray about things, discuss things with each other and the Holy Spirit, and that I have to learn patience and can offer up this waiting as a sacrifice, however, the anticipation remains! Maybe I will go alphabetize my books.... :P
[/quote]

I know how hard it is to wait for things and I am praying right along with you. Even after I had been accepted, I still had to wait to hear back from the formator about an entrance date, so start getting used to waiting for things.... Carmelites do not move fast as a rule! :)

I think that alphabetizing things is a very good way to use your time right now. Today I filed my income taxes for OZ and renewed my Oz passport which had expired. I also did all my laundry and uploaded two chapters onto my book blog. The secret to having patience is just keeping busy! :)

she_who_is_not

I finally worked up the courage to contact a community that I have felt drawn towards and that several religious have suggested for me. I received a lovely letter from them encouraging me in my discernment, but informing me that as a convert I will need to wait another 1-3 years before beginning formal discernment. That is quite a count down. It's a good thing I have so much debt to pay off.

Edit: Freudian slip: worked out instead of worked up

Edited by she_who_is_not

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1284631330' post='2173736']
So now I am doing a pre-countdown countdown. I am told I should hear within the next couple of weeks, I am crossing my fingers and storming the heavens.

Keep me in your prayers!
[/quote]

Moving forward one step at a time. :) Exciting!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1284644222' post='2173765']
[/quote]

LOL, Vee, I know what you mean! Alphabetize away! Keep yourself busy. :)

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1284646971' post='2173774']
I finally worked up the courage to contact a community that I have felt drawn towards and that several religious have suggested for me. I received a lovely letter from them encouraging me in my discernment, but informing me that as a convert I will need to wait another 1-3 years before beginning formal discernment. That is quite a count down. It's a good thing I have so much debt to pay off.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that she who is not. That so hard to be told to wait longer, regardless of the reason. In the grand scheme of life though, 1 to 3 years is really small. It sure doesn't feel like it when you are told to wait that long, but that will have passed before you know it!

For me, this is my LAST DAY on phatmass before I leave! I'm driving up with my family tomorrow morning and will be entering prepostulancy on Sunday. :saint: :blush: :clapping: :dance:

I'll still have internet access there, so I'll be checking in as a prepostulant shortly! I probably won't be on quite as much, but I'll be around. :like:

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1284648831' post='2173781']

For me, this is my LAST DAY on phatmass before I leave! I'm driving up with my family tomorrow morning and will be entering prepostulancy on Sunday. :saint: :blush: :clapping: :dance:

I'll still have internet access there, so I'll be checking in as a prepostulant shortly! I probably won't be on quite as much, but I'll be around. :like:
[/quote]

Wow, that's great!
Goodbye and many, many prayers for you!

[/quote]

YaaY!!!! :cheer:Can't wait to hear about your entrance!:w00t:

[/quote]

:yahoo: :dance: :clapping:

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1284650345' post='2173784']
Wow, that's great!
Goodbye and many, many prayers for you!
[/quote]

Congraulations! May God bless you with every good!

:nun2: :nun2: :nun2: :nun2::nun2::nun2: :nun2::nun2::nun2:

AccountDeleted

Moving forward one step at a time. :) Exciting!

LOL, Vee, I know what you mean! Alphabetize away! Keep yourself busy. :)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that she who is not. That so hard to be told to wait longer, regardless of the reason. In the grand scheme of life though, 1 to 3 years is really small. It sure doesn't feel like it when you are told to wait that long, but that will have passed before you know it!

[/quote]

:wave:bye moro :dance5:

Now you've given me holy envy though! In Carmel I don't have access to the Internet to read phatmass. I do have access to emails though, so I will send emails to my sister from time to time and ask her to post them under nunsense. And some of my blogs can be updated via email as well. It is probably good that I can't come spend hours reading though --- I am sure that right now I spend way too much time here!

But we are really looking forward to your updates - as soon as you can!!! :like3:

Congrats to all those entering! Wow! I'm amazed at how many people on the phorum are so close to entering! :clapping: You have my prayers always!:nunpray:

laetitia crucis

Two weeks.... or 14 days. :o

Where's AVO?

We simply must get some "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"s in these days.

OK...I got my official entrance date from Mother General tonight!! :blush: :dance: :clapping:

It is....

October 3 - The Transitus of St. Francis
[url="http://www.ourladyofthepearl.com/the_transitus.htm"]Info on Transitus for the non-Franciscans[/url]

It's a celebration of transition, how perfect is that for entrance! :) :cloud9:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1285377706' post='2175806']
OK...I got my official entrance date from Mother General tonight!! :blush: :dance: :clapping:

It is....

October 3 - The Transitus of St. Francis
[url="http://www.ourladyofthepearl.com/the_transitus.htm"]Info on Transitus for the non-Franciscans[/url]

It's a celebration of transition, how perfect is that for entrance! :) :cloud9:
[/quote]

How wonderful and how significant that is for you moro! Yayyy :dance: