An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1285377706' post='2175806']
OK...I got my official entrance date from Mother General tonight!! :blush: :dance: :clapping:

It is....

October 3 - The Transitus of St. Francis
[url="http://www.ourladyofthepearl.com/the_transitus.htm"]Info on Transitus for the non-Franciscans[/url]

It's a celebration of transition, how perfect is that for entrance! :) :cloud9:
[/quote]

How very beautiful and profound!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1285377706' post='2175806']
OK...I got my official entrance date from Mother General tonight!! :blush: :dance: :clapping:

It is....

October 3 - The Transitus of St. Francis
[url="http://www.ourladyofthepearl.com/the_transitus.htm"]Info on Transitus for the non-Franciscans[/url]

It's a celebration of transition, how perfect is that for entrance! :) :cloud9:
[/quote]

:yahoo: :dance: :dance2: :dance3: :dance4: :dance5: :dance6: :punk: :banana: :muffin: :bananacorn: :yahoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

laetitia crucis

10 days until I fly.

We're quickly approaching the single digits... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/paperbag.gif[/img]

laetitia crucis

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1285535442' post='2176115']
Whoa.... how does it feel?
[/quote]

Like a slow-motion whirlwind! :smile3:

:nun2:

Ive given up on ever getting a reply. I had thought that I might at least get a no but it could be their way to just not say anything. Thanks to this phorum I can know that the no answer approach is how some communities handle things so Im very grateful vocation station exists :)

HopefulBride

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286205077' post='2177786']
Ive given up on ever getting a reply. I had thought that I might at least get a no but it could be their way to just not say anything. Thanks to this phorum I can know that the no answer approach is how some communities handle things so Im very grateful vocation station exists :)
[/quote]

Who are you waiting to hear from vee? sorry if that info is out there already.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1286205768' post='2177790']
Who are you waiting to hear from vee? sorry if that info is out there already.
[/quote]
http://www.carmelspall.org/
Them. I did have a wonderful time visiting them and am thankful to God for that. Id also encourage anyone to give them a try but never hearing from them again seems to be a very real possibility. Oh wells.

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286205077' post='2177786']
[/quote]

They sound beautiful vee... i hope they answer soooon!

Oh, [b]moro[/b], congratulations! Happy Feast of St. Francis! So awesome that you joined on the Transitus :)

[b]vee8[/b], would a gentle nudge from you be appropriate? If they aren't going to answer, they aren't, but maybe a simple reminder that you'd like to hear from them would be helpful?

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1286228647' post='2177847']
[b]vee8[/b], would a gentle nudge from you be appropriate? If they aren't going to answer, they aren't, but maybe a simple reminder that you'd like to hear from them would be helpful?
[/quote]

I just sent them a gentle nudge :) I simply let them know that if they have sent me anything I have not received it. I also repeated my question about the live in and that Id like to hear from them even if the answer is no. I prayed the Veni creator before I wrote hmm maybe I should do a litany of saints too just to enlist some help in making them write back! :evil: Off to pray!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286233577' post='2177859']
I just sent them a gentle nudge :) I simply let them know that if they have sent me anything I have not received it. I also repeated my question about the live in and that Id like to hear from them even if the answer is no. I prayed the Veni creator before I wrote hmm maybe I should do a litany of saints too just to enlist some help in making them write back! :evil: Off to pray!
[/quote]

Dear Wee8, I will be praying for you and your desire to discern with this Carmel. This is BC!!!! My own Canadian Province!! even though I'm further away up North in a different Diocese. But this is the closest Carmel we have.

Many blessings on you and on the Carmelites.

In prayer,
Orans