An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

LadyOfSorrows

Oh Vee, I can see how that would be frustrating! I'll keep you in prayer. I hope you receive an answer very soon! I'm sure they wouldn't leave you hanging...

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286233577' post='2177859']
I just sent them a gentle nudge :) I simply let them know that if they have sent me anything I have not received it. I also repeated my question about the live in and that Id like to hear from them even if the answer is no. I prayed the Veni creator before I wrote hmm maybe I should do a litany of saints too just to enlist some help in making them write back! :evil: Off to pray!
[/quote]

Just my two cents, but as their site does not list an email address, just an online form to complete, my bet would be that they don't check this very often.

If you are really interested, then I strongly suggest a phone call to them. All you have to ask is whether they received your online message or not. If they did, you know you need more patience. If they didn't, you know that all the waiting in the world isn't going to get you a reply.

Phone calls are hard, but most Carmels use this form of communication more frequently than online ones, and when I was discerning with this community several years ago, they phoned me back very quickly. At the least, you could leave a message on their answering machine

I wish you well. :nunpray:

Thank you for the prayers everyone!! :) Orans :nun2: :nun1:
Youre right nunsense phoning is the best way but it is so hard for me to do! I almost have a phobia my aversion is that bad! Would I rather wait and not call or call and know now....

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1286373625' post='2178163']
Thank you for the prayers everyone!! :) Orans :nun2: :nun1:
Youre right nunsense phoning is the best way but it is so hard for me to do! I almost have a phobia my aversion is that bad! Would I rather wait and not call or call and know now....
[/quote]

Maybe you could try to see it as a sacrifice that you are offering up to Our Lord. Even He sweat blood before His Passion, so He knows what fear and distress are, and will help you. It could also be seen as an act of humility.

If this is hard, how are you going to stand the life itself?? It is one of continual small sacrifices over and over and over again. Be brave and do it. A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave [wo]man dies but once.

Edited by nunsense

• 4 weeks later...

Well, tomorrow on the feast of St Martin de Porres I will start my three weeks at a Carmel, not three months and not BC but this seems to be God's will. So here is my countdown then....[b] one day[/b] ack! How do I feel? I feel everything! Mostly nervous and chicken but I know I will be fine once I get there. I will be praying for all of you!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1288706852' post='2184217']
Well, tomorrow on the feast of St Martin de Porres I will start my three weeks at a Carmel, not three months and not BC but this seems to be God's will. So here is my countdown then....[b] one day[/b] ack! How do I feel? I feel everything! Mostly nervous and chicken but I know I will be fine once I get there. I will be praying for all of you!
[/quote]

The feast of a [i][b]Dominican Saint[/b][/i]... hmmmmmmm.... ;) [size="1"](Sorry, couldn't resist.)[/size]

Will definitely be praying for you and am really glad you're going. Please also keep my family & friends in your prayers. And give a certain Sister a hug for me!

:nunpray: :clapping:

Edited by holly.o

[quote name='regina_coeli' timestamp='1288707355' post='2184219']
How wonderful! Will you tell us where you will be? Prayers for a beautiful discernment!
[/quote]

Thanks for the prayers! I will be at Indwelling Trinity's community. I will write what I can when I get back, and try to include some pics too.

[quote name='holly.o' timestamp='1288708914' post='2184222']
The feast of a [i][b]Dominican Saint[/b][/i]... hmmmmmmm.... ;) [size="1"](Sorry, couldn't resist.)[/size]

Will definitely be praying for you and am really glad you're going. Please also keep my family & friends in your prayers. And give a certain Sister a hug for me!

:nunpray: :clapping:
[/quote]

LOL ya I know! Im going to be making Dominican jokes all day methinks. Not jokes picking on them but jokes like maybe I should have gone to Nashville instead so Id have to pack fewer sweaters :P I will give a certain Sister a hug from you too, and keep you and yours in my prayers, and I appreciate the prayers as well. :)

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1288717161' post='2184235']
Thanks for the prayers! I will be at Indwelling Trinity's community. I will write what I can when I get back, and try to include some pics too.

LOL ya I know! Im going to be making Dominican jokes all day methinks. Not jokes picking on them but jokes like maybe I should have gone to Nashville instead so Id have to pack fewer sweaters :P I will give a certain Sister a hug from you too, and keep you and yours in my prayers, and I appreciate the prayers as well. :)
[/quote]
Yeah, if you had gone to Nashville, you could have meet my sister and you could find out all sorts of great stories about me! Wait...it's probably better that you didn't go there...:ninja:
Have fun, nonetheless! It's still south of where you live...and a tiny bit warmer? Right? :idontknow:

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1288722434' post='2184245']
960 days until my anticipated Solemn Profession. I want it to coincide with my 50th birthday. Does that count?
[/quote]

Yes, but please refrain from daily updates until you're a wee bit closer (and by "a wee bit" I mean a "whole whole lot.")

:P

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1288722434' post='2184245']
960 days until my anticipated Solemn Profession. I want it to coincide with my 50th birthday. Does that count?
[/quote]

Thats a looooooong time but a countdown thread is a countdown thread so :like:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1288723248' post='2184249']
Yeah, if you had gone to Nashville, you could have meet my sister and you could find out all sorts of great stories about me! Wait...it's probably better that you didn't go there...:ninja:
Have fun, nonetheless! It's still south of where you live...and a tiny bit warmer? Right? :idontknow:
[/quote]

Nah its basically the same weather :cold: I will be near Houston Minnesota. :)

• 3 weeks later...
In The Arms of The Lord

Three more weeks now until I enter! It will come so quickly; it's already been three months since I made the visit, and it doesn't seem that was that long ago. Another girl entered this monastery today. I'm excited to meet the community!