An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

TeresaBenedicta

T-Minus 2 months until I get to see my sisters again!! I'm staying with them for three nights during a trip back East to visit friends. It's been six months since the last time I saw them-- at my graduation, which three of the sisters attended.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1290392129' post='2188486']
Wow; have you gotten the stuff on your list yet?
[/quote]

Thankfully everything just about has been purchased. The first things bought were the books I needed because I wasn't sure if they would be easy to find, and they all had to be bought online; thankfully that got done quickly, and they all got here. The only thing I need now is six white handkerchiefs. I thought that they would be easy to find, but i'm not finding them in stores. They have the ones with the designs on them commonly found, but plain white ones i'm not finding. I may just have to order some online. Reverend Mother told me that the postulants there remarked that brown knee high socks were difficult to find, I did however find some at Walmart that were just plain brown; a lot of them i've seem elsewhere before finding them there were brown with other colors mixed in with designs. It seems that finding solid colors for certain items aren't easily found. Overall though, it has all come together nicely.

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1290388962' post='2188465']
Three more weeks now until I enter! It will come so quickly; it's already been three months since I made the visit, and it doesn't seem that was that long ago. Another girl entered this monastery today. I'm excited to meet the community!
[/quote]

How exciting!!! :like: are you scared? nervous? excited?

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1290448768' post='2188592']
How exciting!!! :like: are you scared? nervous? excited?
[/quote]

I am anxious to get there, and the nerves are there also! I suppose that is only normal. Everything that I know and all my comforts I am sacrificing, and then there is the joy that I am able, with His grace, to make this radical sacrifice. I must say that its been the most amazing journey, and I am thankful that this journey has led me to the monastery. It is truly something to ponder, when I am able to look at the ways and things of this world in such a way that is completely different than if I did not experience His love. With this growing knowledge there is a growing longing to give myself to Our Lord and to treasure Him alone. I have been thinking often of how thankful I am for knowing what it is to truly live. There are so many who will go through this life and never know and love Him who has given them life; I have been thinking a lot about them also. There is nowhere else I could think to be, and nothing else I could desire. You know how it is when you just know when something to get done is all that is left to do? This is how it is for me; that this is what's for me and nothing else. There is this deep conviction within.

[quote name='In His Light' timestamp='1290474157' post='2188698']
T-minus 6 months for me for a possible visit to Tyburn...after waiting 5 years for it to happen!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
[/quote]

Now that is a long wait for a visit....but that is awesome!

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1290468248' post='2188671']
I am anxious to get there, and the nerves are there also! I suppose that is only normal. Everything that I know and all my comforts I am sacrificing, and then there is the joy that I am able, with His grace, to make this radical sacrifice. I must say that its been the most amazing journey, and I am thankful that this journey has led me to the monastery. It is truly something to ponder, when I am able to look at the ways and things of this world in such a way that is completely different than if I did not experience His love. With this growing knowledge there is a growing longing to give myself to Our Lord and to treasure Him alone. I have been thinking often of how thankful I am for knowing what it is to truly live. There are so many who will go through this life and never know and love Him who has given them life; I have been thinking a lot about them also. There is nowhere else I could think to be, and nothing else I could desire. You know how it is when you just know when something to get done is all that is left to do? This is how it is for me; that this is what's for me and nothing else. There is this deep conviction within.
[/quote]

That is so beautiful when someone is in love with our Lord like that!....and what a gift!....like you said many people will never experience his love....maybe we need to start praying harder :blush: ...

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1290476286' post='2188704']
That is so beautiful when someone is in love with our Lord like that!....and what a gift!....like you said many people will never experience his love....maybe we need to start praying harder :blush: ...
[/quote]

Two weeks tommorow! The first Sunday of Advent tommorow also; I'm so excited for this season.

Yes, you are very right. It's a beautiful gift when we who have experienced His love will think more of others rather than ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1290388962' post='2188465']
Three more weeks now until I enter! It will come so quickly; it's already been three months since I made the visit, and it doesn't seem that was that long ago. Another girl entered this monastery today. I'm excited to meet the community!
[/quote]

:yahoo:
I just saw this and I will be praying for you!!!! I will do a Carmelite litany of the saints to remind all of them to pray for you too, not that they need reminding but it never hurts to prod them a bit. :)

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291743884' post='2191442']
:yahoo:
I just saw this and I will be praying for you!!!! I will do a Carmelite litany of the saints to remind all of them to pray for you too, not that they need reminding but it never hurts to prod them a bit. :)
[/quote]

Praised be Jesus Christ!

May God reward you! You are so kind. :)

Only 5 more days now. When I went for the visit in August, Reverend Mother planned my entrance for after Easter next year. Then in November I received a surprise letter that she and the community thought it would be better for me to enter sooner, in December. I was certainly not expecting that, but everything has been coming together the way it's supposed to be; what He chooses.

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1291744532' post='2191447']
Praised be Jesus Christ!

May God reward you! You are so kind. :)

Only 5 more days now. When I went for the visit in August, Reverend Mother planned my entrance for after Easter next year. Then in November I received a surprise letter that she and the community thought it would be better for me to enter sooner, in December. I was certainly not expecting that, but everything has been coming together the way it's supposed to be; what He chooses.
[/quote]

Now and forever!

Aaaaw sounds like Jesus wants you with Him for Christmas. May St Joseph guide and protect you now and always. The prayers are the least I can do. So often its easy to forget that cloistered nuns need prayers too but I dont forget and will keep you and your Sisters in mine More souls!!! :crusader:

In The Arms of The Lord

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. My parents and I are leaving shortly this morning for PA. This evening at 5:30 we will meet with Reverend Mother to go over the entrance ceremony for my entrance tommorow morning! For the past few weeks I have been so anxious to get to the monastery, now this morning I am very calm. These past few weeks have been the work of His grace for preparing me for entering, and I am so thankful. I am praying this day that I keep my eyes on Our Lord and that I make a complete surrender to His holy and perfect will.

God bless you all.

SponsaChristi

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1292072810' post='2192099']
Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. My parents and I are leaving shortly this morning for PA. This evening at 5:30 we will meet with Reverend Mother to go over the entrance ceremony for my entrance tommorow morning! For the past few weeks I have been so anxious to get to the monastery, now this morning I am very calm. These past few weeks have been the work of His grace for preparing me for entering, and I am so thankful. I am praying this day that I keep my eyes on Our Lord and that I make a complete surrender to His holy and perfect will.

God bless you all.
[/quote]

God bless you!

United in HIM!

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1292072810' post='2192099']
Praised be Jesus Christ!

God bless you all.
[/quote]

Now and Forever!

Thanks for being such a wonderful source of inspiration to us all. I'll be keeping you in prayer, especially over these next 48 hours. I'll miss you, but we'll be united in the Eucharist. God bless you, friend!