An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

I decided, along with the help of my SD of coarse to go ahead and enter with the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate. I will enter as an aspirant in a couple of weeks. I leave for the convent on Jan 13 ,2011.....AHHHH. I don't even have time to think about it haha which is a good thing b/c I like to analyze things a little too much! I have only been here for a couple of months but it has been fun hanging out here on VS! I ask for your prayers Pham as I haven't told me parents yet...waiting till after new years :like: . It is such a great blessing to even be able to go try out this beautiful way of life. Anyway Im in Our Lady's hands, God's will be done!!!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1293726740' post='2195210']
I decided, along with the help of my SD of coarse to go ahead and enter with the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate. I will enter as an aspirant in a couple of weeks. I leave for the convent on Jan 13 ,2011.....AHHHH. I don't even have time to think about it haha which is a good thing b/c I like to analyze things a little too much! I have only been here for a couple of months but it has been fun hanging out here on VS! I ask for your prayers Pham as I haven't told me parents yet...waiting till after new years :like: . It is such a great blessing to even be able to go try out this beautiful way of life. Anyway Im in Our Lady's hands, God's will be done!!!
[/quote]

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! AHHH!!!!! :dance: I'm [i]so[/i] excited for you!!!!

And you absolutely have my prayers. :nunpray: Parents can be some of the biggest obstacles...

But, you go girl!!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293727221' post='2195211']
Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! AHHH!!!!! :dance: I'm [i]so[/i] excited for you!!!!

And you absolutely have my prayers. :nunpray: Parents can be some of the biggest obstacles...

But, you go girl!!
[/quote]

Thank you!! Yes im hoping they will be supportive eventhough they may not understand :like: My parents are Catholic but haven't been exposed to religious other than the parish priest lol

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1293736859' post='2195245']
Thank you!! Yes im hoping they will be supportive eventhough they may not understand :like: My parents are Catholic but haven't been exposed to religious other than the parish priest lol
[/quote]

Have you mentioned anything to them as of yet? Did they know you were discerning?

[/quote]

WONDERFUL!!!! :dance:

That truly is amazing news! I was in contact with Sr. Maria Consolatrice and seriously considered visiting there even if I didn't have a Franciscan vocation, but the airline that I could afford to take (AirTran) doesn't go anywhere near New Bedford so I didn't know how I'd get there. I opted to visit the CFR Sisters instead. Sr. M.C. is very nice! I hope you have a wonderful time there and that you have found your permanent earthly home. I'll be praying for you so that when you tell your parents, they will be very supportive.

[size="7"]YOU GO GIRL!!!!![/size]

[/quote]

:clap: I am filled with a holy envy! :clap:

I am so happy for you!

Edited by tnavarro61

[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So happy for you. Alicia and Sr. Consolatrice are sweeties. One thing's for sure, you'll have lots of fun there. Last I was there, they were building rooms in the basement level, yet there was still space to play running games. Did you get to run around or are they now walled up?

CONGRATULATIONS!!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293742724' post='2195257']
Have you mentioned anything to them as of yet? Did they know you were discerning?
[/quote]

Yes they definetly suspect something and knew about my visits to the convents but I don't think they realize how soon I will be entering lol

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1293746785' post='2195273']
WONDERFUL!!!! :dance:

That truly is amazing news! I was in contact with Sr. Maria Consolatrice and seriously considered visiting there even if I didn't have a Franciscan vocation, but the airline that I could afford to take (AirTran) doesn't go anywhere near New Bedford so I didn't know how I'd get there. I opted to visit the CFR Sisters instead. Sr. M.C. is very nice! I hope you have a wonderful time there and that you have found your permanent earthly home. I'll be praying for you so that when you tell your parents, they will be very supportive.

[size="7"]YOU GO GIRL!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

Thanks! Yep she is super nice! I hope I found my premanent earthly home too! I have met some of the CFR sisters, they are very nice. A good friend of mine is a CFR friar he's great too! They all are!:like:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293756752' post='2195314']
:clap: I am filled with a holy envy! :clap:

I am so happy for you!
[/quote]

Thanks!!
I get to enter before you visit :smile2: hehe
Im also happy for your visit;) !

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1293758387' post='2195326']
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So happy for you. Alicia and Sr. Consolatrice are sweeties. One thing's for sure, you'll have lots of fun there. Last I was there, they were building rooms in the basement level, yet there was still space to play running games. Did you get to run around or are they now walled up?

CONGRATULATIONS!!
[/quote]

Thank you!
Indeed they are sweet! We did some running around in the library at recreation...we played a game similar to dodge ball but using a bean bag. If by the basement level you mean where the refractory and kitchen are then yes they built some rooms....in a big empty room next to the kitchen they put up what look like bedsheets (as walls) for the aspirant cells. Very Franciscan! :like:

Two WEEKS? Wow!

So is this aspirancy like a "live-in" where you go for a length of time and then come back home and decide whether you want to enter as a postulant? How long is the aspirancy? Or is the one supposed to flow right into the next stage?

Congratulations, good luck, and blessings!

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1293778558' post='2195422']
Congratulations, Klaudi!! :clap: This is so wonderful to hear!!! I love these Sisters!!! :love:
[/quote]

Gracias!!!