An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1293801035' post='2195462']
Two WEEKS? Wow!

So is this aspirancy like a "live-in" where you go for a length of time and then come back home and decide whether you want to enter as a postulant? How long is the aspirancy? Or is the one supposed to flow right into the next stage?

Congratulations, good luck, and blessings!
[/quote]

Yup, two weeks! I just found out about it 2days ago im still in shock haha.Yes as an aspirant you get to live with the sisters and all but no you never get to visit your family again unless of coarse its not for you and you decide to leave. You are allowed to write and recieve phone calls maybe even visits (though im not sure how that works) but you never get to go home. Aspirancy for the sisters varies. It's kind of a case by case depending on the maturity and things like that since the rest of the formation (at leat postulancy and noviceship) will be in Italy. For example one of the aspirants has been there for about a year and the other one about half a year. Sr. Maria Consolatrice shared she only did 4 months of aspirancy so it just depends. :like:

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293802789' post='2195464']
yes, i am interested to know what an aspirancy is (with FIs) and how long does it lasts. :D
[/quote]

I believe the friars have a set time for each part of the formation... probably because the males have to worry about the priesthood whereas we females don't worry about that. Also for the males they do have formation houses here in the states so they don't get sent to Italy right away. I think the aspirants enter in september and become postulants on the feast of the Immaculate Conception. This is all in America though so im not sure how that differs in the Philippines.

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1293814749' post='2195491']
I believe the friars have a set time for each part of the formation... probably because the males have to worry about the priesthood whereas we females don't worry about that. Also for the males they do have formation houses here in the states so they don't get sent to Italy right away. I think the aspirants enter in september and become postulants on the feast of the Immaculate Conception. This is all in America though so im not sure how that differs in the Philippines.
[/quote]

thank you for the info! can't wait for my visit! :clap:

now kindly tell us your thoughts about FIs! :D sorry for the "command-request"... i just wanna hear more! :clap:

TeresaBenedicta

12 days until my visit with the SSVMs!!! :-D I'm super excited, of course.

It's going to be tough to leave them. But it's a good thing I get to see all of my college buddies immediately thereafter, rather than flying home again.

Dear God... three years is far too long to wait... think you can do something about that? Much appreciated. I'll do this for the rest of my life: :nunpray:

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293903293' post='2195710']

It's going to be tough to leave them. But it's a good thing I get to see all of my college buddies immediately thereafter, rather than flying home again.

Dear God... three years is far too long to wait... think you can do something about that? Much appreciated. I'll do this for the rest of my life: :nunpray:
[/quote]

TB I GET TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I won't be as exciting as a blue and gray habit, but I'm so excited to see you! Haha, this is my countdown ;)

LadyOfSorrows

Congratulations Klaudi!! Did you expect it to be so soon? That's...really soon. Haha. How do you think your parents will react?

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1293903293' post='2195710']

[/quote]

i got two words for you, and for LadyofSorrows.

[spoiler]ENTER NOW[/spoiler]

Edited by tnavarro61

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293944364' post='2195872']

[/quote]

Haha clicking the spoiler button was like opening up a big present wrapped in sparkly wrapping paper and then seeing what was in it was like receiving the greatest gift in the world, yet not knowing what the gift is...I've got the discernment blues..

Anyways. I'll definitely be going on the DSMME retreat in February. Should have the money to pay for the flights soon, but hopefully the prices don't go up..which I'm sure they will.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1293933257' post='2195824']
TB I GET TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I won't be as exciting as a blue and gray habit, but I'm so excited to see you! Haha, this is my countdown ;)
[/quote]

:D I'm excited to see you, too!!! In fact, knowing that I'll be heading to the Mount after my visit with the sisters is probably the only thing that will convince me to actually leave the convent.

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1293944364' post='2195872']

[/quote]

AHHH!!!! If only!!!! But, God's will be done, not mine. Still, let God's will be faster!!

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1293933325' post='2195826']
Congratulations Klaudi!! Did you expect it to be so soon? That's...really soon. Haha. How do you think your parents will react?
[/quote]

Thanks!
No, I didn't expect it to be so soon and neither did my parents. My mom took it ok but my dad didn't....all I can say is this is the biggest trial of my life. The enemy is putting up a fight.....the Lord is permitting it but he shall sustain me during these difficult times.

Hey guys! Just want to thank you all for your prayers!!! One more week till I leave though my official entrance date won't be till Jan 23, 2011 the Espousal of Our Lady and St. Joseph. What makes it even more special is that two of the sisters there in Massachussetts will be espousing Our Lord! Again thank you for your prayers they have kept me going! The first days when I told my parents were the worst of my life but things seem to be getting better. Of coarse my parents lecture me on how Im totally blinded and brainwashed but at least they said they werent going to stop me :like: ....I might have to hear some lectures till the day I leave especially from my extended family :wall: ....but only one more week... of coarse I do continue to ask for your prayers as the enemy is very sneaky and you never know what he is up to :like: ...now Im just working on gather all stuff I need to take with me to the convent :dance:

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1294328809' post='2197378']
Hey guys! Just want to thank you all for your prayers!!! One more week till I leave though my official entrance date won't be till Jan 23, 2011 the Espousal of Our Lady and St. Joseph. What makes it even more special is that two of the sisters there in Massachussetts will be espousing Our Lord! Again thank you for your prayers they have kept me going! The first days when I told my parents were the worst of my life but things seem to be getting better. Of coarse my parents lecture me on how Im totally blinded and brainwashed but at least they said they werent going to stop me :like: ....I might have to hear some lectures till the day I leave especially from my extended family :wall: ....but only one more week... of coarse I do continue to ask for your prayers as the enemy is very sneaky and you never know what he is up to :like: ...now Im just working on gather all stuff I need to take with me to the convent :dance:
[/quote]

That's so exciting, you will definitely be in my prayers. :)

[/quote]

I'm sure your family will come to terms. When they see how happy you are there, they'll wonder why on earth they didn't join, themselves!! :blush:
You will definitely be in my prayers, Klaudi.

[/quote]

Remember that all of people besides Our Lord, Satan really, really hates the Virgin Mary! So I wouldn't doubt that you'll face some difficulties in trying to follow the call to enter an Order devoted to Her under the title of the Immaculate. But you're on the right path in following Her, and She won't mislead you.

Praying for you!