An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Countdown Thread

JTheresa

Thanks guys!...you won't believe how difficult it is to find long navy blue skirts....I know it's not the latest fashion but still :crazy:

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1294356696' post='2197486']
Try Goodwill? They tend to have lots of basic stuff, at least in my area..
[/quote]

I tried different goodwills and other thrift stores but nada :idontknow: ....I'll have to look for more thrift stores

try an SCA or Ren Fair group. they might know some seamstresses who coulk make one for you, if you bought the material

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1294353883' post='2197474']
Thanks guys!...you won't believe how difficult it is to find long navy blue skirts....I know it's not the latest fashion but still :crazy:
[/quote]

I know I said I wasn't posting, but I can't not reply to help. Plus, I have no homework this weekend. ;)

Have you tried any consignment shops? You might want to look in the phone book under "secondhand clothing" or "consignment shops." Or Google "consignment shops" with your city of residence. Or, if you have enough time to wait for shipping, I found some long skirts online.

[url="http://www.marcusuniforms.com/product.aspx?productid=3720&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shopzilla"]Classroom Misses Long Fly Front Skirt in Navy Blue for $11.99 each[/url]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Thanks guys for all your great suggestions!! At this point I don't want to worry about shipping so I will probably continue to look at these second hand stores. Im also considering asking one of my aunts to see if she can make them since Ive heard its not too difficult to make skirts. :like:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='regina_coeli' timestamp='1294428225' post='2197622']
Wow MM-- have you ever considered a career as a personal shopper? Great skirt, great price-- You are amazing!
[/quote]

:hehe:

Thanks!

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

TeresaBenedicta

3 more days of work!! Then 1 day of flying!! Then a dinner with a good friend who is so kind as to take me from the airport to.... THE SSVM NOVITIATE!!!! :dance:

Although... there is, erm, talk in the weather world about a severe storm hitting my area on Wed/Thurs... which could very well disrupt my flight plans... :nunpray:

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1294622962' post='2198402']
3 more days of work!! Then 1 day of flying!! Then a dinner with a good friend who is so kind as to take me from the airport to.... THE SSVM NOVITIATE!!!! :dance:

Although... there is, erm, talk in the weather world about a severe storm hitting my area on Wed/Thurs... which could very well disrupt my flight plans... :nunpray:
[/quote]

entering the novitiate?!?! :dance:

[/quote]

My prayers for you. God Bless as you prepare to enter. :lol:

LaPetiteSoeur

[/quote]

I hope the snow doesn't snow you in! It's so wonderful that you get to enter in four days! (or five?? Can't do math this early!)

Dieu vous benisse!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1294673385' post='2198601']
NOT entering, sadly.

:blush:

But I'll be staying at the Novitiate for about four days.
[/quote]

We have had the occasional SSVM Nun come here to Christ in the Desert for personal silent retreats. Oh, and there are 891 more days until my anticipated Solemn Profession