An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Going To Have A New Seminarian?

Bennn

Bennn, I really want to stress that you shouldn't go into talking to a group with the assumption in your miond that you're going to go there. It's not good for you, and it's not good for them. Any group, including the FSSP, will need to look at you and whether or not you're a good fit for *their mission* as *they see it*. It's important you let that process play out.

My own experience included *years* of sniffing around the Capuchin Franciscans until finally it became very clear I wasn't called there. But I wanted to join, and tried to join, and was even told "No, but apply again in a few years" at one point. Remember -- they are discerning just as much as you are.

God bless and good luck :)

[quote name='Arco' date='29 July 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1280416180' post='2149454']
Bennn, I really want to stress that you shouldn't go into talking to a group with the assumption in your miond that you're going to go there. It's not good for you, and it's not good for them. Any group, including the FSSP, will need to look at you and whether or not you're a good fit for *their mission* as *they see it*. It's important you let that process play out.

My own experience included *years* of sniffing around the Capuchin Franciscans until finally it became very clear I wasn't called there. But I wanted to join, and tried to join, and was even told "No, but apply again in a few years" at one point. Remember -- they are discerning just as much as you are.

God bless and good luck [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Well, I'm sure they are not going to just let me 'join' because I want to. If they will not accept me, then may Gods will be done. But I will never know if I don't contact them. My spiritual director has also encouraged me to check them out, so that is simply what I'm going to do. I am a traditionalist so I think it is pretty obvious that I would at least consider contacting the FSSP if I'm going pursue a vocation to the priesthood.

Thank you for your concern. :)

[quote name='Bennn' date='29 July 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1280417881' post='2149471']
Well, I'm sure they are not going to just let me 'join' because I want to. If they will not accept me, then may Gods will be done. But I will never know if I don't contact them. My spiritual director has also encouraged me to check them out, so that is simply what I'm going to do. I am a traditionalist so I think it is pretty obvious that I would at least consider contacting the FSSP if I'm going pursue a vocation to the priesthood.

Thank you for your concern. :)
[/quote]

Yay! Good for you :) Tell the FSSP we'd love to have them up in New England. :cool: