An Old School Catholic Message Board

Be Careful What You Pray For....

lookingforfaith

LilyofSaintMaria

[quote name='lookingforfaith' date='11 August 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1281556730' post='2155996']
I think that's where He gets it from...
[/quote]

:lol:

MissScripture

[quote name='CatherineM' date='11 August 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1281573606' post='2156200']
Nuns haunt me at times too.
[/quote]
Do you tell them that they didn't make it in time? :hehehe:

[quote name='MissScripture' date='11 August 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1281575331' post='2156224']
Do you tell them that they didn't make it in time? :hehehe:
[/quote]
They had 43 years. The difference in time between when they told me no because I was too young and didn't have my parent's approval, and when they told me I was too old and set in my ways seemed like just a few days.

loveletslive

ha! i experienced something similar last summer except for i saw two habited Franciscans riding around in a carriage on Mackinac Island in Michigan. i couldn't believe it.

LadyOfSorrows

It's so hard to know what those signs mean!! I would drive myself crazy....once I was giving a talk on my conversion to a bunch of high schoolers that a Dominican Sister of Mary Mother of the Eucharist was teaching. One asked me if I would ever consider religious life. I laughed and said that I'd do whatever God wants me to do but I wasn't too sure of what it was yet... A students raised his hand and called me "Sister" and everyone laughed and someone said, "Well, there's your sign." :rolleyes: Funny thing is, I was really happy afterwards....even though I knew it was nothing.

laetitia crucis

Since the early years of my religious life discernment, I feel I have perpetually asked God "for a sign", and for "the Grace of Knowing[sup]TM[/sup]". You know, like Mother Teresa that says, "She [i]knows[/i]."

One day in prayer, which (of course) included my daily pleadings for "a sign" AND "the Grace of Knowing[size="2"][size="2"][sup]TM[/sup][/size][/size]" regarding my discernment, I distinctly "heard" God say, "LC, you keep asking me for 'a sign' and 'The Grace of Knowing[sup]TM[/sup]', but the truth is, I just don't work with [i]you [/i]through your feelings. I [i]won't[/i]. You converted to Roman Catholicism through faith and reason -- [b]not [/b]feelings, not 'Knowing'. Trust in your faith and reason -- then you will know My Will."

That was definitely a "Whoa" moment for me.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4B-NJUcZE[/media]

However, one of my good friends is constantly asking God for "signs". He seems to work with her that way. I suffered "sign-envy" for many years. Sometimes I still do. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sweat.gif[/img]

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1281801243' post='2157176']
One day in prayer, which (of course) included my daily pleadings for "a sign" AND "the Grace of Knowing[size="2"][size="2"][sup]TM[/sup][/size][/size]" regarding my discernment, I distinctly "heard" God say, "LC, you keep asking me for 'a sign' and 'The Grace of Knowing[sup]TM[/sup]', but the truth is, I just don't work with [i]you [/i]through your feelings. I [i]won't[/i]. You converted to Roman Catholicism through faith and reason -- [b]not [/b]feelings, not 'Knowing'. Trust in your faith and reason -- then you will know My Will."

That was definitely a "Whoa" moment for me.
[/quote]

Wow, that's incredible! He knows each of us more intimately than we know ourselves, and know the way to best bring us to holiness. This is so beautiful. Praise be to God!