An Old School Catholic Message Board

Other Religious On Phatmass?

Sister Andrew

Sister Andrew

Hello All!
I know I've seen some other Religious posting here on the phorum but I thought it would be nice to see how many are actually on here. I know my Screen Name doesn't say "Sister" (I wish I could change that!) But I'm Sr. Andrew and I'm a junior professed sister. I made first profession in 2009 so I'm pretty "new" :rolleyes:

It will be nice to "meet" all of you!
peace,
Sr. Andrew

I am Sister Mary Margaret, a Franciscan - too many years in final vows to admit in public!
www.fsmcharism.net

SponsaChristi

[quote name='FSM Sister' timestamp='1281822889' post='2157436']
I am Sister Mary Margaret, a Franciscan - too many years in final vows to admit in public!
www.fsmcharism.net
[/quote]

Well, I´m a consecrated virgin... and because I live in a private flat (because I don´t belong to a particular community), I can be more or less active here. I do read quite a lot in Vocation Station, but somehow don´t write many posts... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Staretz' timestamp='1281817953' post='2157385']
There are a couple others. I am Br Bruno, a simply professed Benedictine
[/quote]

What does that mean?

Amor vincit omnia

Yes Sr. Marie

At some point their were a few IHM sisters on PM...some now just read the VS post!

:)

[quote name='Hilde' timestamp='1281872606' post='2157693']
What does that mean?
[/quote]

Simple Profession is temporary, for one year. By church law, iyou have to be in simple or temporary profession for 3 years at least before you can make Solemn or Final Vows. The longest you can be in Simple or Temporary Vows is 9 years.

[quote name='Andrew' timestamp='1281812190' post='2157320']
Hello All!
I know I've seen some other Religious posting here on the phorum but I thought it would be nice to see how many are actually on here. I know my Screen Name doesn't say "Sister" (I wish I could change that!) But I'm Sr. Andrew and I'm a junior professed sister. I made first profession in 2009 so I'm pretty "new" :rolleyes:

It will be nice to "meet" all of you!
peace,
Sr. Andrew
[/quote]

I'm a perpetually professed diocesan hermit. I'm glad to meet other consecrated members of the phorum.
Peace be with you all.
Orans

Sister Andrew

It's great to meet all of you! :bye: I realize I should have not just asked about the religious on the phorum but those living a consecrated life! (sorry!) Let us remain united in prayer!
peace,
Sr. Andrew

IrishSalesian

Hello, I am Adam. I am a novice with the Salesians of Don Bosco. I just entered novitiate this past Sunday, August 15. However I have lived in a Salesian Community since 2007 as a Candidate and Pre-Novice.

Peace,
Adam

[quote name='IrishSalesian' timestamp='1282063974' post='2158929']
Hello, I am Adam. I am a novice with the Salesians of Don Bosco. I just entered novitiate this past Sunday, August 15. However I have lived in a Salesian Community since 2007 as a Candidate and Pre-Novice.

Peace,
Adam
[/quote]

Congratulations on your new step in the Journey of Consecrated life! What a beautiful feast to begin the novitiate.
Blessings, prayers, and Peace,
Orans

littlesister

I'm Sr. Michael, a Little Sister of the Poor, and probably professed before some of your parents were born.

Sister Rose Therese

Hello,
I'm Sister Rose Therese, a newly perpetually professed Sister with The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis.
Congratulations Adam!