An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans

Caritas

Has anyone heard anything from them lately? Updates on professions, the reception of the habit, the new postulants, etc..? Their website hasn't been updated in what appears to be a few months, and I was just curious if anyone knows anything or has seen any pictures. Thanks!!

laetitia crucis

I've heard that they have [b]27 POSTULANTS[/b] this year!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT4B-NJUcZE[/media]

Yes, crazy big postulant class, but I thought it was 24. Either way - over 20 some girls!

There were 9 women who took their final vows with the Nashville Dominicans on Saturday July 24th. Their initial class was 12. Of the three who left, one is (I think) rejoining the Nashville Dominicans [either recently or soon], one is discerning with another order, and the other I did not hear an update on.

I'm sorry I can't tell you about the novices who took their first vows. I wasn't there for that.

Their chapel is of course complete and nearly full!

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1281890582' post='2157781']
Yes, crazy big postulant class, but I thought it was 24. Either way - over 20 some girls!

There were 9 women who took their final vows with the Nashville Dominicans on Saturday July 24th. Their initial class was 12. Of the three who left, one is (I think) rejoining the Nashville Dominicans [either recently or soon], one is discerning with another order, and the other I did not hear an update on.

I'm sorry I can't tell you about the novices who took their first vows. I wasn't there for that.

[/quote]

Awesome, thanks! I wish they would post pictures on their site of the professions and of the new novices...

MissScripture

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1281890582' post='2157781']

[/quote]
Nope, it was 27! The largest class they've ever had! One girl was accepted the weekend before they entered! They entered on last Wednesday, and it already seems like an eternity since I talked to my lil sister! It's going to be forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver until I can visit her after Christmas!

loveletslive

oh man...my friend has a list of the names written on a paper plate....if i can get the plate from her i'll tell you haha. (we called the motherhouse while we were eating dinner, hence the paper plate. you can call too)

I'm starting to get interested in this community as well. Can anyone tell me anything about their application process? How long? How involved? I hope to visit at one of their upcoming discernment retreats. And a question just for fun... what do you bring with you when you enter? I have a friend who likes to buy old books and seems to have made a hobby out of giving me nun related books (the Maryknoll ones) - On Sat. she gave me a cool picture book of the Sisters of Mercy - very interesting and I was intrigued by all the stuff the postulants used to have to bring in the "old days." I can copy it if anyone is interested but I'm wondering about what you have to bring now. When I look at the photos of some communities that wear knee-length dresses, all I can think is wow - you must have to bring 100 pairs of pantyhose - one pair lasts me about a day!!

Kat

Ora et Labora

[quote name='ksterling' timestamp='1282068115' post='2158962']
I'm starting to get interested in this community as well. Can anyone tell me anything about their application process? How long? How involved? I hope to visit at one of their upcoming discernment retreats. And a question just for fun... what do you bring with you when you enter? I have a friend who likes to buy old books and seems to have made a hobby out of giving me nun related books (the Maryknoll ones) - On Sat. she gave me a cool picture book of the Sisters of Mercy - very interesting and I was intrigued by all the stuff the postulants used to have to bring in the "old days." I can copy it if anyone is interested but I'm wondering about what you have to bring now. When I look at the photos of some communities that wear knee-length dresses, all I can think is wow - you must have to bring 100 pairs of pantyhose - one pair lasts me about a day!!

Kat
[/quote]

I'm also very interested in this order. In fact, if I DO become a religious, this will definitely be the Order God has called me to. I'm just not sure if being a religious is my vocation yet. :sweat: Anywho!! I wanted to tell everyone I just got a letter from them!! I've been to one of their vocation retreats back in January of 2007, but just recently wrote them on their website and told them I was interested...again. Haha(:

I have a question as well...once their chapel is full, what happens to the newly entered? :idontknow:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Ora et Labora' timestamp='1282140587' post='2159485']
I'm also very interested in this order. [b]In fact, if I DO become a religious, this will definitely be the Order God has called me to. [/b]I'm just not sure if being a religious is my vocation yet. :sweat: Anywho!! I wanted to tell everyone I just got a letter from them!! I've been to one of their vocation retreats back in January of 2007, but just recently wrote them on their website and told them I was interested...again. Haha(:

I have a question as well...once their chapel is full, what happens to the newly entered? :idontknow:
[/quote]

Be careful, I said the same thing!! And God had to shake me something crazy in order to show me where he [i]really[/i] wanted me!!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1282141292' post='2159487']
Be careful, I said the same thing!! And God had to shake me something crazy in order to show me where he [i]really[/i] wanted me!!
[/quote]

*nods solemnly*

Ditto.

Domine ut Videam

I heard that they will probably update their website sometime in Sept. One of my good friends from college though, formerly Sr. Jessica as a postulant is now Sr. Bernadette Marie as a novice.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' timestamp='1282143146' post='2159497']
I heard that they will probably update their website sometime in Sept. One of my good friends from college though, formerly Sr. Jessica as a postulant is now Sr. Bernadette Marie as a novice.
[/quote]

Somewhat random: I love your new avatar, Domine ut Videam! [IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/IMG]