An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pre-Convent Fears!

Hilde

laetitia crucis

Hilde, I LOVE THE PUFFIN!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We wantst one.

[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/img]

JMJ
Being serious (I love the puffin) I am really worried now about whether I have done all of this to my own accord. A friend dropped out, and so now I am freaked about whether this is my will, or God's will. And then I think the only reason I percieve I have a vocation is cuz I'm so dang proud. whew.

LOL, when I saw the other thread I kept thinking that's what it said! [img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/img]

Very soon (although I don't know when exactly yet), I'll be moving in with the sisters, but bringing all my stuff with me. For pre-postulancy, that's how it works with my order. It's kind of like an extended come and see. But it's almost harder bringing most of my things with me but leaving some things with my family knowing I may never use those things again.

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1282146660' post='2159528']
JMJ
Being serious (I love the puffin) [b]I am really worried now about whether I have done all of this to my own accord.[/b] A friend dropped out, and so now I am freaked about whether this is my will, or God's will. And then I think the only reason I percieve I have a vocation is cuz I'm so dang proud. whew.
[/quote]

(I put that part in bold.)

This seems to be some cause of my anxiety also, but for a different reason. I had already entered a community, but I am still discerning religious life at this time. I think often of my experience, and I know that this will help me in my discernment. When we offer Him these anxieties and worries, certainly they will be for a greater good. Hopefully our longing and love for Him will be much greater then the anxieties and worries; that we may not give into them but offer them and give in to what He is asking. I find comfort in knowing that wherever I may be and in everything I go through; I will always be His.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Tridenteen' timestamp='1282146660' post='2159528']
JMJ
Being serious (I love the puffin) I am really worried now about whether I have done all of this to my own accord. A friend dropped out, and so now I am freaked about whether this is my will, or God's will. And then I think the only reason I percieve I have a vocation is cuz I'm so dang proud. whew.
[/quote]

This.

Even though I won't be able to enter for a while to come, what you've named here is one of my biggest anxieties.

laetitia crucis

[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/laetitia_crucis/Random/nunemoticon.gif[/img]

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' timestamp='1282151479' post='2159566']

This seems to be some cause of my anxiety also, but for a different reason. I had already entered a community, but I am still discerning religious life at this time. I think often of my experience, and I know that this will help me in my discernment. When we offer Him these anxieties and worries, certainly they will be for a greater good. Hopefully our longing and love for Him will be much greater then the anxieties and worries; that we may not give into them but offer them and give in to what He is asking. I find comfort in knowing that wherever I may be and in everything I go through; I will always be His.
[/quote]

Amen, amen. *nods in total agreement*

In all seriousness my fear is that somehow I will abandon my faith, throw it all away, stop discerning Gods will, and end up back where I was before or even worse. Every time Im about to do something for God in my life the devil throws a ton of temptations at me. Even going to Mass can be a struggle but for something really big it gets worse. For example before my confirmation as a teen I fought not to go and my mom knowing better made me go anyway and thank God she did! Therefore, if I am called to religious life it is going to be rough and Im afraid I might give in to the temptations from the world the flesh and the devil.

[size="1"]edit typo[/size]

Edited by vee8

Yeah the keeping the faith thing is scary. It can feel strange to do something so radical when many people around me don't even have faith or let it impact their lives.

JMJ
Now, keep in my mind, my convent is a bit different from what ya'all are doing. And today I had one a real "forget it" moment. And then I thought, "but if I don't do it...who will?"