An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bride Of Christ Shower

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Indwelling Trinity' timestamp='1282669492' post='2162491']
I am so happy for you but am wondering sis what made you choose this particular Dominican community over lets say nashville dominicans or other dominican communities that are now blooming here in the states? To show you how little i know i always thought you were headed for cloistered Dominicans! Dunce here!

I love Dominicans laughing but i would have made a terrible one! I kept falling asleep when reading Thomas Aquinas! :P

I love you very much and already feel sad at the thought of you going and not being heer with us chickens! :kiss:
[/quote]

I suppose the first thing that occurred in my discernment between "my" community versus the other Dominican communities here in the U.S. would be that early in my discernment I had began discerning with both the NDs and the DSMMEs. (Not [i]too[/i] seriously, but the draw to the Dominican charism was there.) The NDs were my first "serious" contact; however, since I'm legally blind, they felt that I wouldn't be able to handle classroom management in the apostolate. At first that was really difficult to hear, but it was truly a blessing in disguise. It was a quick way to "cross them off The List" and move on.

Naturally, from there I decided to check out the DSMMEs. I spoke with Sr. Joseph Andrew and told her about my vision problems, and she said, "Well, sweetie, just come on and visit and we'll see how it goes!" So, I went and visited and loved them. However, just from that short "Vocations Retreat," I knew God was not calling me to their community.

Granted, on a very personal level, though I did feel called to the Dominican charism, I never felt called to be a schoolteacher. Yet, I wanted to be open to the possibility -- I believed that if God wanted me with either of those two communities, He'd give me the grace.

Almost a year and half ago or so, one of our former PMers (VeniteAdoremus) had mentioned the Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph. I asked her about them out of sheer curiosity, and she had recommended a rather lovely book to me: [url="http://www.domcentral.org/trad/domspirit/default.htm"]Dominican Spirituality: Principles and Practice[/url] by Fr. William Hinnebusch, OP. She told me bits about "her" community as well, and one of the major things that piqued my interest was the fact that these Sisters aren't formal schoolteachers or nurses (though a few of them were schoolteachers and nurses before entering). Their apostolate is likened more to that of the Dominican friars. :nun: In addition, they are a smaller community, which was something I think God was really leading me to, especially after being in a rather big community before. Aaaand they are definitely semi-contemplative, with a beautiful emphasis on the need for contemplation to balance out their apostolate. I praise God for that! :love:

Although, I must admit, I will miss everyone here terribly! You will always remain in my prayers! :amen: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers2.gif[/img]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282687144' post='2162612']
I suppose the first thing that occurred in my discernment between "my" community versus the other Dominican communities here in the U.S. would be that early in my discernment I had began discerning with both the NDs and the DSMMEs. (Not [i]too[/i] seriously, but the draw to the Dominican charism was there.) The NDs were my first "serious" contact; however, since I'm legally blind, they felt that I wouldn't be able to handle classroom management in the apostolate. At first that was really difficult to hear, but it was truly a blessing in disguise. It was a quick way to "cross them off The List" and move on.

Naturally, from there I decided to check out the DSMMEs. I spoke with Sr. Joseph Andrew and told her about my vision problems, and she said, "Well, sweetie, just come on and visit and we'll see how it goes!" So, I went and visited and loved them. However, just from that short "Vocations Retreat," I knew God was not calling me to their community.

Granted, on a very personal level, though I did feel called to the Dominican charism, I never felt called to be a schoolteacher. Yet, I wanted to be open to the possibility -- I believed that if God wanted me with either of those two communities, He'd give me the grace.

Almost a year and half ago or so, one of our former PMers (VeniteAdoremus) had mentioned the Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph. I asked her about them out of sheer curiosity, and she had recommended a rather lovely book to me: [url="http://www.domcentral.org/trad/domspirit/default.htm"]Dominican Spirituality: Principles and Practice[/url] by Fr. William Hinnebusch, OP. She told me bits about "her" community as well, and one of the major things that piqued my interest was the fact that these Sisters aren't formal schoolteachers or nurses (though a few of them were schoolteachers and nurses before entering). Their apostolate is likened more to that of the Dominican friars. :nun: In addition, they are a smaller community, which was something I think God was really leading me to, especially after being in a rather big community before. Aaaand they are definitely semi-contemplative, with a beautiful emphasis on the need for contemplation to balance out their apostolate. I praise God for that! :love:

Although, I must admit, I will miss everyone here terribly! You will always remain in my prayers! :amen: [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers2.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Has VeniteAdoremus entered or is she planning to enter? Her former posts suggested that she was planning to enter Sept. 8th last year but decided to wait another year. Has anyone heard anything about her discernment? She is no longer posting on Phatmass.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1282689791' post='2162630']
Has VeniteAdoremus entered or is she planning to enter? Her former posts suggested that she was planning to enter Sept. 8th last year but decided to wait another year. Has anyone heard anything about her discernment? She is no longer posting on Phatmass.
[/quote]

The last I heard she was planning on entering September 8th of this year. And when I was visiting "my" community in November/December, the VD said that she was scheduled to enter on September 8th, 2010.

So... yep... :nun: Hope that helps!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282703926' post='2162737']
The last I heard she was planning on entering September 8th of this year. And when I was visiting "my" community in November/December, the VD said that she was scheduled to enter on September 8th, 2010.

So... yep... :nun: Hope that helps!
[/quote]

I pray everything goes as planned. I never talked to her because I was just a lurker :ninja: at the time, but I remember reading her posts. :)

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1282687144' post='2162612']

[/quote]

Thank you sis for sharing this It is a beautiful story. how God goes to such great lengths to find just the right place for each of us! In my mind nothing is by chance but each connection is a gift of God. May God grant you the grace of holy perseverence!

:blowkiss: