So I Read The Dominican Soul

vee

AccountDeleted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1283714803' post='2168336']
:o Wow they look wonderful! My problem is everytime I see a pic of the back of
a Dominican like this
[img]http://www.stjudemonastery.org/adoration1.jpg[/img]

I kind of confuse it for a certain other Order
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wr40QTymJRc/Sqbshx4bLAI/AAAAAAAAA-Y/27Id5fCs0JA/s320/carmelites+communion.jpg[/img]

*sigh* I think I have brain damage :crazy:
[/quote]

vee - we just have to admit that their veils are better than our veils. I have always thought that the Carmelite veils could use some improvements but hey, there's more to religious life than the veil - right? :clapping: For me, the PC veil is best, but I love the Dominican cape.

Actually, I would love a combination of Poor Clare, Dominican, and Carmelite habits - taking the best features of each one, but I realize that by NOT getting everything exactly the way I would like it, God is putting me through the passive purgation of the senses :dance:and that makes me happy . Am I weird or what?

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1283740649' post='2168639']
vee - we just have to admit that their veils are better than our veils. I have always thought that the Carmelite veils could use some improvements but hey, there's more to religious life than the veil - right? :clapping: For me, the PC veil is best, but I love the Dominican cape.

Actually, I would love a combination of Poor Clare, Dominican, and Carmelite habits - taking the best features of each one, but I realize that by NOT getting everything exactly the way I would like it, God is putting me through the passive purgation of the senses :dance:and that makes me happy . Am I weird or what?
[/quote]

Yes, both you and Vee8 are very weird, but we love both of you (as well as Indwelling Trinity) very much, despite your weirdness (or maybe because of it).

If you want to get a chuckle, and see what we were up to while you were gone, go back and find the thread about the PPC--that is, the Phatmass Phemale Community. It's a Benedictine/Carmelite/Dominican/Franciscan/Other order we cooked up. (The names are in alphabetical order, so no one feels that any spirituality is being preferred over another.) It's pretty much your standard cloistered/semi-cloistered/active community.

One funny thread is about the hermitage we set aside for Indwelling Trinity while she was in the hospital. Vee8 promised to guard IT's privacy with a super-soaker water gun. I don't remember if Vee8 ever explicitly said the gun was filled with holy water, but that's the idea.

Vee8 made sure there is plenty of room for those with "Carmelite tendencies." Holy tears may be freely shed by those who wish to do so, while those of Dominican tendencies may live in the Library. (I'm the librarian, since I have my Master's in Library Science.) There are even two choices of entrees at every meal--one for vegetarians, and one for those of us with carnivore tendencies.

I don't know if the compromise habit would meet with your approval (it's not brown because I look terrible in brown and black makes me depressed), but it DOES have a cape. Most of VS seems to have a serious case of "cape-envy." :joecool:

JTheresa drafted the letter to the local bishop. We're sure he'd be thrilled to have us in his midst.

Oh yes, no shoes, just sandals, except when it's snowing.

I changed my religious name frequently, but finally settled on Sister Mary Rosary Bede. (The Venerable Bede has always been a favorite saint of mine.) Most other members have serious religious names.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283744947' post='2168660']

One funny thread is about the hermitage we set aside for Indwelling Trinity while she was in the hospital. Vee8 promised to guard IT's privacy with a super-soaker water gun. I don't remember if Vee8 ever explicitly said the gun was filled with holy water, but that's the idea.

[/quote]

Oh no the water gun was never to guard her it was to shoot her! :ninja:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1283744947' post='2168660']
Yes, both you and Vee8 are very weird, but we love both of you (as well as Indwelling Trinity) very much, despite your weirdness (or maybe because of it).

If you want to get a chuckle, and see what we were up to while you were gone, go back and find the thread about the PPC--that is, the Phatmass Phemale Community. It's a Benedictine/Carmelite/Dominican/Franciscan/Other order we cooked up. (The names are in alphabetical order, so no one feels that any spirituality is being preferred over another.) It's pretty much your standard cloistered/semi-cloistered/active community.

Vee8 made sure there is plenty of room for those with "Carmelite tendencies." Holy tears may be freely shed by those who wish to do so, while those of Dominican tendencies may live in the Library. (I'm the librarian, since I have my Master's in Library Science.) There are even two choices of entrees at every meal--one for vegetarians, and one for those of us with carnivore tendencies.

I don't know if the compromise habit would meet with your approval (it's not brown because I look terrible in brown and black makes me depressed), but it DOES have a cape. Most of VS seems to have a serious case of "cape-envy." :joecool:

JTheresa drafted the letter to the local bishop. We're sure he'd be thrilled to have us in his midst.

Oh yes, no shoes, just sandals, except when it's snowing.

I changed my religious name frequently, but finally settled on Sister Mary Rosary Bede. (The Venerable Bede has always been a favorite saint of mine.) Most other members have serious religious names.
[/quote]

I'll have to check it out! Thanx for that. :like: