An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entrance Applications

HopefulBride

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Graciela' timestamp='1284220366' post='2171869']
I'd be interested to know what others think about the confessor providing a preference because my first reaction is that it puts the confessor in an awkward situation. Given the seal of the confessional, how much can the confessor say? Especially since you have an apparently different spiritual director, he may not feel that doing so is appropriate. If the confessor were the pastor or such at your home parish, he would be able to say things about your life in the parish community and these would not be bound to the protection of the sacrament of reconciliation.
[/quote]

I think a Confessor is fine if he knows the character of the person because that is really what a personal reference is all about, isn't it? Of course, nothing said in the Confessional would be used, but the priest could say that the person attends Mass and confession regularly and then go on to describe some of the person's better qualities that he has observed. I think the point of a reference is more to let the convent know that this person is reasonably stable (they didn't show up in the parish yesterday) and safe to have around. Let's face it, references aren't a guarantee of anything, just an indication.

Went to pick up the documents that I need to fill out and turn in as part of the pscych eval only to find out that it is a bit of time; and also very in-depth (scary in some ways) The comment (verbatim) was "by the time this is done, there is nothing about your psyche that we won't know" wow..... So it sounds like my application might not be complete by end of this month after all which means I may not get my formal entrance letter in time to apply for the Mater Ecclesiae fund :( . Oh well, I must continue to trust so we will see.

Please keep my intentions in your prayers.